You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FishDogFoodShack

GUI fix/ revamp is needed before new ship lines

10 comments in this topic

Players
629 posts
4,978 battles

Title. It might be down to opinion but the fact that since 8.0 the port interface lags with every little movement and requires so much time to do so little is shameful. Browser games have better UIs at this point.

As a test, I played RuneScape this weekend, which is apparently having a double exp event so player numbers were extremely high. The UI response time there was, despite being a game some 15 years old with packed servers, was STILL faster and more responsive than the port interface.

Why does it take nearly 5 minutes to load the clan base or news feed? Why does everything shut the [edited]down for 10 seconds when I try to mount a signal?

Fixing this is more important than Soviet dream BBs. It NEEDS to be addressed.

• Cool 9

[THROW]
Players
795 posts
22,041 battles

It has been lagg since the game started and they are aware of it. However they said it is not a priority for them so Yeh.... 

• Cool 1

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
821 posts
3,936 battles

When you have you to make your div mates wait 5 minutes, because you want to buy a new ship. 
With a normal UI it could have been easily done under a minute. 

• Cool 1

[-NFG-]
Players
150 posts
6,478 battles

+1 agreed.  This is the thing I want most.  Even before Alaska.   (I'm going to get lynched for that but it's still true :cap_rambo: )

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
409 posts
10,110 battles
1 hour ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Fixing this is more important than Soviet dream BBs. It NEEDS to be addressed.

Why can't we have both? :Smile_hiding:

Is it really that labour intensive to fix? 

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
18 posts
6,478 battles

Yup, this should be high up their list at this point. Somewhere since the introduction of the new directive mission system and the arsenal introduction its become insanely inefficient. 

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,763 battles

Actually I think it is not even the GUI that shoulx be the first but the game engine.

They should put the game on a fresh game engine and then optimize the GUI to that. Why is it that WoT got a new game engine but WoWs didn't? They screwed up years for this idiotic CV rework when they could have fixes the more important problems...

• Cool 3

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,939 posts
1,203 battles

There are developers working on Improving the UI and you will see the first improvements with 0.8.1. While I cannot comment on any details, because I am not working as a programmer, if it was very easy&quick, I am sure it would have been fixed a long time ago.

@FishDogFoodShack When it comes to the news feed or clan base, I think you got another issue, as it shouldn't take that long and there shouldn't be any freeze either. It is also a separate system from e.g. the exterior-screen. Technically it opens a website within the client.

@Humorpalanta

The WoT team made a game-engine that wouldn't work for WoWs, because there are many features that those two games don't share. They made the engine specific to how their tanks and their game work.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,763 battles
3 hours ago, Sehales said:

There are developers working on Improving the UI and you will see the first improvements with 0.8.1. While I cannot comment on any details, because I am not working as a programmer, if it was very easy&quick, I am sure it would have been fixed a long time ago.

@FishDogFoodShack When it comes to the news feed or clan base, I think you got another issue, as it shouldn't take that long and there shouldn't be any freeze either. It is also a separate system from e.g. the exterior-screen. Technically it opens a website within the client.

@Humorpalanta

The WoT team made a game-engine that wouldn't work for WoWs, because there are many features that those two games don't share. They made the engine specific to how their tanks and their game work.

Yeah it should. I mean I don't wanna start a flamewar or anything but the whole GUI concept is the problem. It seems like some flashlike thingy and badly optimised. 

And then there is the fact that no matter how good computers people have because the engine itself doesn't use the capabilities of a PC. 

I didn't say you should use their engine. I said that running a game on an engine that was made before internet and memes became a thing is not an option in 2019.

My phone could run games from that era but my PC struggles with it? LOL. All of our money pouring into a blank hole. The GUI hasn't got better since the game was released and even back then it was slow. 

Everybody knows still we are not seeing anything. You guys still keep a lot of secrets and it is very bad for the game like the way where it is going. 

• Cool 2