You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Ghostship_

Penalty for players rushing to their death

45 comments in this topic

Players
44 posts
1,807 battles

I happens so often, DD or sometimes even cruiser rushing straight into the enemy fleet and being dead even before the game really begins. It always weakens the team and after 2 minutes you know theres a really good chance you will loose this game just because someone means he had to do suicide. There should a a penalty for such behavior because it ruins the game for the whole team. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
239 posts
3,648 battles

DD's are under a lot of pressure to do this, unfortunately. If a DD doesn't go straight for the cap right away, then there is usually one player clicking them on the map to shame them or otherwise giving harassment. Most DD's would prefer caution, but other players want spots and caps ASAP and will even threaten to report if they don't see it happen.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1

[RBMF]
501 posts
6,713 battles

I doubt that will ever happen, I understand its extremely annoying and not all players understand the importance of survival or first blood. But what you are suggesting will never happen, we shouldn't punish players for attempting to be Rambo. If they are trolling and aren't shooting their guns or manoeuvring then that's a different story.

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles
31 minutes ago, _Ghostship_ said:

... There should a a penalty for such behavior because it ruins the game for the whole team. 

There is. It is called earning less XP and Credits and losing more often.

• Cool 7

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles

My first thought reading the title was "He means the whole DD player base" :Smile_veryhappy:

But that penalty existed, it was called CV strike fighters !!! But they nerfed it because those crybabies would not be punished for their behaviour.

Now they still speed to their deaths but it is a DD torpedo or a cruiser salvo that sinks them only a few seconds later then combined attack from a CV would have done.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,933 posts
2 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

I happens so often, DD or sometimes even cruiser rushing straight into the enemy fleet and being dead even before the game really begins. It always weakens the team and after 2 minutes you know theres a really good chance you will loose this game just because someone means he had to do suicide. There should a a penalty for such behavior because it ruins the game for the whole team. 

It happens so often, BBs and sometimes even cuisers hiding behind islands or running for the border straight from the start. It always weakens the team and after 2 minutes you know there's a really good chance you will lose this game, just because someone is to afraid to get their paint scratched. There should be a penalty for such behavior because it always ruins the game for the whole team.

Just to offer a counter post to your opening. Blaming others without reflecting on what you yourself could do better isn't the way to go.

If a DD doesn't push forward he will more often then not see himself confronted with abuse in the teamchat. If the ships that don't dare to close the distance to the enemy fail to support them in the frontline, so they get killed all alone, they are going to be blamed for rushing forward. Try to put yourself in their place every once in a while.

• Cool 5

[CRU_]
Players
173 posts
6,506 battles
42 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

What he said.

It's very easy to overextend in a DD without even knowing you're doing it, and takes a lot of losses for dd pilots to learn to ignore the average moron, telling them in chat how they should drive their bote. My usual response if someone is being a total tard is "[edited]off you fat BB bastard". It's nearly always a BB moron telling a DD what he should be doing.

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
821 posts
3,936 battles
1 hour ago, zengaze said:

What he said.

It's very easy to overextend in a DD without even knowing you're doing it, and takes a lot of losses for dd pilots to learn to ignore the average moron, telling them in chat how they should drive their bote. My usual response if someone is being a total tard is "[edited]off you fat BB bastard". It's nearly always a BB moron telling a DD what he should be doing.

Because you have plenty spare time when you play a BB. 

• Funny 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,548 posts
9,839 battles
3 hours ago, Silvercat18 said:

If a DD doesn't go straight for the cap right away, then there is usually one player clicking them on the map to shame them or otherwise giving harassment.

Love this when I'm in Khabarovsk. A triangle is a triangle is a triangle...

[NWP]
Players
1,479 posts
10,455 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

My first thought reading the title was "He means the whole DD player base" :Smile_veryhappy:

But that penalty existed, it was called CV strike fighters !!! But they nerfed it because those crybabies would not be punished for their behaviour.

Now they still speed to their deaths but it is a DD torpedo or a cruiser salvo that sinks them only a few seconds later then combined attack from a CV would have done.

Slags an entire class off.

Is awful at the class he slags off.

Therefore is the reason said class gets so much abuse.

24222F4D-B808-472D-A641-CC39F61C07DD.gif

• Cool 1

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
3 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

rushing straight into the enemy fleet and being dead even before the game really begins.

So wait, so this is not how to play bottom tier carrier? :Smile_hiding:

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
3 hours ago, Silvercat18 said:

If a DD doesn't go straight for the cap right away, then there is usually one player clicking them on the map to shame them or otherwise giving harassment. Most DD's would prefer caution, but other players want spots and caps ASAP and will even threaten to report if they don't see it happen.

This is true actually. But often it is actually another DD player on my team that does the pinging. I even posted some screenshots of this happening last week, when some Tashkent wanted me (in benson) to join him where he quickly died at A while I lived on to survive till the end of the match and at least was making a difference.

Usually people don't threaten to report me. They simply start harrasing and doing the "UNINSTALL" and whatsnot. And then after the battle I get the reports.

[PN]
Players
632 posts
4,356 battles

There should a a penalty for such behavior because it ruins the game for the whole team. 

Nahhhh

Players
3,770 posts
7,462 battles

There should a a penalty for such behavior

Any idea how you would code to identify such behaviour.

DD/CA doing their jobs properly can still die very early from a small misjudgement or even factors outside of their control, how do you plan to distinguish between that and the genuine lemmings.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,148 posts
6,775 battles

I also find it frustrating when playing a DD and the support ships (CAs and BBs) are all hiding behind hard cover and can't fire at what I spot including ships in the cap I'm trying to contest - not all players do that must there is an awful lot of them that do.

Players
74 posts
1,636 battles
Il y a 6 minutes, Capra76 a dit :

Any idea how you would code to identify such behaviour.

DD/CA doing their jobs properly can still die very early from a small misjudgement or even factors outside of their control, how do you plan to distinguish between that and the genuine lemmings.

For instance the poor cruiser thinking about m'y Normandie "i'm max range no way he'll get a citadel on me i'll not change my course i want a good position" . He was right. Except rngesus. I apologized to him.

Too many factors. And somtimes charging in a dd is a correct tactical answer (radar cruiser on the other side)

[NWP]
Players
1,479 posts
10,455 battles
10 minutes ago, bratisla_boy said:

For instance the poor cruiser thinking about m'y Normandie "i'm max range no way he'll get a citadel on me i'll not change my course i want a good position" . He was right. Except rngesus. I apologized to him.

Too many factors. And somtimes charging in a dd is a correct tactical answer (radar cruiser on the other side)

Hell, I’m capable of taking caps even with 2 Radar ships against me. Frankly this is a nothing thread which isn’t constructive in the least.

[BAD-B]
Players
877 posts
2,506 battles
4 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

It happens so often that I pick a cap, sail towards it, check my team composition/heading and a few CAs and BBs go with me ... ok I think to myself, go cap, you have support. Only to get into my first DD fight in the cap, doing quite decent against the enemy DD, calling target on him and .... NOTHING !!! Then enemy cruisers and BBs join the fight, I have to flee or get sunk ...

Then I look at the map and see all the ships, that looked like my support, hiding behind the island nearest to the cap without any way to shoot at the enemies ... And then I get called a noob and idiot and useless DD .... and you want a penalty for me on top of that ???

THANK YOU !!!

• Cool 1

[BAD-B]
Players
877 posts
2,506 battles
1 hour ago, B0Tato said:

Oh God THIS exactly ... I was even shot at by my team mates for not trying to cap.

I had so far 2 games where the people on my flank told me to do my Khaba things and don't worry about the cap ... those were actually good games ...

Players
244 posts
1,407 battles
5 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

Good idea. But what you'd need to go alongside the penalty is one for players who aren't reading the map and let somebody who see's an opportunity go unsupported. It's a team game, just saying 'can't be bothered to help' is entirely different to criticising somebody that should have been given some help.

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
5 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

that won't work, there's already a few penalty mechanics that don't work at 100%

5 hours ago, Silvercat18 said:

DD's are under a lot of pressure to do this, unfortunately. If a DD doesn't go straight for the cap right away, then there is usually one player clicking them on the map to shame them or otherwise giving harassment. Most DD's would prefer caution, but other players want spots and caps ASAP and will even threaten to report if they don't see it happen.

Relative to spotting, yes.

Normally the team that doesn't have good spotting stays in disadvantage.

But for that, DDs don't have to suicide.

[PEC]
Players
347 posts
1,822 battles

It's actually the most effective tactical approach in a T6 carrier when presented with T8 match. Just charge into view and enemy team goes utterly CV blind and gets obliterated while feasting on the XP Piñata.

• Funny 1

Players
125 posts
6,674 battles
3 hours ago, B0Tato said:

Yep, play RU DDs get whined at for not capping early game or my favourite "Gnevny/Minsk/Khaba ffs torp him". 

The other problem is when your team decides to follow you like ducklings into the enemy spawn. "No, you morons, I'm trying to create a crossfire so they have to choose between us and spend time rotating turrets. I've pulled them all out of position  and if you'd stayed at the cap you could wreck them while I evasion tank."

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
875 posts
7,599 battles
6 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

And this is the problem right there.

Op os right, but not for the reason he thinks.

The problem with this behaviour is that a player that press "w" 3 times and get  nuked  in literally 2 min, firing until he dies (2-3 salvoes for a bb), will earn a comparable if not superior amount of xp/hour than the superunicum who averages 1000-1200 exp on a loss and 2000-2500 exp on a win. Someone did the math some time ago. Credits are not a problem if you are using a tier 9 premium, or a tier 8 and below with premium account, or you buy credits in the premium shop. This should  really get a deep esamination from WG, that shouldn't  allow something like this to happen.

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles
43 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

The problem with this behaviour is that a player that press "w" 3 times and get  nuked  in literally 2 min, firing until he dies (2-3 salvoes for a bb), will earn a comparable if not superior amount of xp/hour than the superunicum who averages 1000-1200 exp on a loss and 2000-2500 exp on a win. Someone did the math some time ago. Credits are not a problem if you are using a tier 9 premium, or a tier 8 and below with premium account, or you buy credits in the premium shop. This should  really get a deep esamination from WG, that shouldn't  allow something like this to happen.

Someone really did the math behind that? I said that as a "joke" couple of months ago, because i actually could see the logic behind that. Alltho, i didnt compare it to Superunicums, because with Flags/Camo you will get a superior amount because its percentag based. So if i get more baseXP, ill get much more in total.

However, if you look at it from a bad players perspective, getting 200-300 XP in 3 mins is much more than trying to get 800-1k XP in the entire game. Simply, they dont make much because they are playing badly. So instead of learning to achieve better results overall, they just yolo die every match and get more per hour than they would otherwise.

ofc its horribly wrong, but its kinda hard to change that :cap_tea: