Tuccy

Questions
Questions to Developers - Round 2

13 posts in this topic

Hello, folks,

Please, feel free to use this topic to pose questions to the Devs of World of  Warships. The topic will be closed on midnight September 9th and questions will be collected and sent out. New question topic will then be created while we'll be waiting for answers.

To keep the topic easy to navigate, please:

1. Before posting here, check if the question wasn't already answered here, here or here.

2. Before posting here, make sure the question was not already asked.

3. Keep your posts on topic

4. Use this threads for questions only, do not discuss them etc.

Cheers

I have a few question:

• Will we have different FCS to choose from? Say some which give you longer spotting range but worse spread or short spotting range with good spread?

• It has been asked if Airplanes can kamikaze into warships, but should a carrier not want to recover his Airplanes can you simply let them run out of fuel and die ? Let's say the situation called for it because the carrier did not wish the enemy to follow his airplanes back straight to his carrier if they were bombers.

• Adding to that, when an airplane runs out of fuel (or is shot down) and it falls from the sky and strikes a ship how much damage would it do?

• On the subject of Ship Customization will you be able to alter the density of the armour in different parts of the ship as long as you ensure it remains at the same displacement? Such as taking some armour off the bulge and putting it on the Deck/Belt? I don't think this has been addressed fully yet.

1. How will flooding of the ship work can you affect the ship repairs and damage control so you can stay in the fight a bit longer?

2. will the ships that dident have a radar have its as a thing you can research and equip, maybe the ships whitout has no mini map?.

3. Is it possible for the ships to use mines?

Edited by Sille

Would we be able to control how the planes attack there opponents (example) so they can drop there Torpedoes on the Port and Starboard bow of a ship to give them little to no space to maneuver or will they attack how they see fit

And will ships gain a Random Serial when Commissioned/bought such as DD-567 or CV-380 etc.

Edited by Demons_Bain

Will there be support for multiple displays? WoT and WoWp don't really have a need for these things, but I think this can greatly benefit from it, especially when playing hybrids, being able to have good overview of whats happening with the top down view on one screen and the normal view on the other, or something along these lines. If not for release, might this be something that'll be considered for post-release?

• For clan wars could we expect to see isles with Emplacements strategically located? I was thinking of, for example Shogun 2 Naval emplacements where a team could capture emplacements to harass the enemy.

• Can we expect weapon emplacements like the ones in Warplanes during Random Battles?

sum more additional questions:

1. What kind of Crew abilities will we be able to expect? Not in details, but in rough manner.

2. Since AA is Automatic, how will the AA ships gameplay be? As some AA ships didn't even have guns to deal with Surface Units and were purely towards AA, or are you just gonna sail around trying to get into the right spots?

3. Will you be able to decide crew focus on your ship? As in, focusing on Damage Controll to repair ship dmg / put out fire's and leaks. Offensive Focus for better reload and accuracy. Navigation focus, for better manuverbility and speed, Defensive focus for better AA and ability to withstand impacts better. Just as some rough examples.

As this would help, but also cripple your ship in different tasks.

Edited by Kameho

View PostKameho, on 05 September 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

sum more additional questions:

1. Will there be customizable Crew Options? Like in Tanks/Navy Field, and will the devision between crewmembers be something like we see in NavyField? Afterall a ship has alot of crew and you wouldn't want to trian every single one of them like you do in Tanks. or do we?

2. Since AA is Automatic, how will the AA ships gameplay be? As some AA ships didn't even have guns to deal with Surface Units and were purely towards AA, or are you just gonna sail around trying to get into the right spots?

3. Will you be able to decide crew focus on your ship? As in, focusing on Damage Controll to repair ship dmg / put out fire's and leaks. Offensive Focus for better reload and accuracy. Navigation focus, for better manuverbility and speed, Defensive focus for better AA and ability to withstand impacts better. Just as some rough examples.
As this would help, but also cripple your ship in different tasks.
1 has already been answered. There will be officers that count as the crew, several officers can be trained, rest of the crew will relate to their corresponding officers. (correct me if I am wrong though)

View PostKameho, on 05 September 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

1. Will there be customizable Crew Options? Like in Tanks/Navy Field, and will the devision between crewmembers be something like we see in NavyField? Afterall a ship has alot of crew and you wouldn't want to trian every single one of them like you do in Tanks. or do we?

This has been partly answered:

View PostTuccy, on 03 September 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

3.16. Q: Will we see crew skills like the ones in Tanks? If so how would this work for Carriers? Will they have a number of 'crew' pilots for whom you can choose different skills?
Yes, there will be crew skills like in WoT.

But I am still curious:
  • How will you manage Pilots as crew? Can you have X number of Crew slots open for pilots (Each pilot representing a wing when you deploy it) or will you simply have 1 Pilot Space for each type of Aircraft?
  • When deploying Aircraft from CVs will you be able to deploy shorter wings at a quicker rate? For exampe, if the Shukaku can deploy 8 aircraft at a time, would it be quicker to deploy 2 wings of 4  rather than a single wing  of 8? I ask this since you have hinted previously that the flight wing controls would be reminiscent of NF
To explain both points further:
Lets say the carrier has space for 4 pilots and I decided to have 2 DB pilots, 2 F pilots.
Lets say for example I want to deploy 2 Wings of DBs. Say 4 and 3. Would I be able to have Wing 1 use 1 DB pilot with a set of skills and Wing 2 use the other DB pilot with a different set of skills?

Ofc I have no idea if the skillset you are thinking of making available would make this whole thing worth it but it is a question I would be interested in as a CV player on release.

(DB- Dive Bomber, F- Fighter) Edited by Serjio

1. Will ships belonging to non major nations possibly be included as premium ships? (Examples could be the Dutch Eendracht class cruiser, Spanish Espana class battleship, Austro-Hungarian Tegethoff class battleship and more). I expect that these could be a good source of income for people that want to have a bit of fun in ships reflecting their own nations :P

2. I have read before that we can name our own ships, will these names be somehow visible on the ships?

3. Will ship names be unique or can multiple users have the same name?

I would like to expand on your answer to question 3.14: regarding torpedoes.

Will there be various types of torpedoes in the game, with differing capabilities? For instance, differences in range/speed, magnetic abilities, and electric (wakeless) torpedoes?