You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Does this sound like a quote from patchnotes on a LIVE server?

28 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles

An exert from  0.8.4. patchnotes:

"The individual fine-tuning of the ships is out of the question for now. For example, first we need to find the optimal balance of air defense and aircraft losses at each tier, and then, if individual aircraft carriers lose too many aircraft, we can individually increase the survivability (or, if the air defense of individual ships is too weak, it can be strengthened)."

I do appreciate the honesty ( I really do), but this is pretty grim. I know balance takes time, but so does building a rollercoaster. What serious enterpreneur would send their customers for a ride on an unfinished rollercoaster?

What's the reason the rework was rushed so hard?

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[THROW]
Players
579 posts
21,167 battles
19 minutes ago, Blixies said:

1 word... console 

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
3 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

1 word... console 

Legends and WoWs will never be merged.
WG also discarded this notion some time ago.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THROW]
Players
579 posts
21,167 battles
13 minutes ago, Blixies said:

you believe them? HAHA

3,845 posts
8,636 battles
Just now, Mr_Snoww said:

you believe them? HAHA

you believe that just because a game developed by different studios shares some features when on console CVs aren't even out? HAHA

Here, have a blue pill ... and believe what ever you want to believe ... 

• Cool 1

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
37 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Money. That simply. They want to sell Premium CVs to make money and they have spent a lot of money on trying to make CVs more appealing to be able to sell lots of CVs.

Also, next time, when pasting something, past without text format because the patch note is hard to read even with "normal" forum.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
1 minute ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Yeah, agree. But we are already in the ballroom so we better dance now!

Or, and please bear with me this is just a crazy idea, we don't.

Lately I get more joy by playing with wooden ships while taking a bath (which is pretty pleasurable regradless, tbh).

I don't think a want to be beta tester again (now without any reward, on contraire mon ami, I even had to pay for a respec and demount).

Players
181 posts
6,519 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Or, and please bear with me this is just a crazy idea, we don't.

Lately I get more joy by playing with wooden ships while taking a bath (which is pretty pleasurable regradless, tbh).

I don't think a want to be beta tester again (now without any reward, on contraire mon ami, I even had to pay for a respec and demount).

Fair enough, but I like this game. Agree on having lost interest, but still like it.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
4 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Also, next time, when pasting something, past without text format because the patch note is hard to read even with "normal" forum.

Noted and fixed.

4 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Money. That simply. They want to sell Premium CVs to make money and they have spent a lot of money on trying to make CVs more appealing to be able to sell lots of CVs.

I see where ou're coming from but...  I don't think rushing the update makes much sense then. Who would want to buy a clearly broken product?
The only way this makes sense is if there's too much pressure from the marketing department (which could very well be the case).

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
9 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

you believe that just because a game developed by different studios shares some features when on console CVs aren't even out? HAHA

Here, have a blue pill ... and believe what ever you want to believe ... 

Hey! Stop harrasing this precious millenial individual! He is just living #histruth

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

All I can think are coffin lids and nails, not too sure why...

[THROW]
Players
579 posts
21,167 battles
7 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Hey! Stop harrasing this precious millenial individual! He is just living #histruth

aww how gullible you are

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
5 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I see where ou're coming from but...  I don't think rushing the update makes much sense then. Who would want to buy a clearly broken product?
The only way this makes sense is if there's too much pressure from the marketing department (which could very well be the case).

I don't think that they rushed it. The main issue is that doesn't matter how much time they have the CV rework on test servers or even PTS. The main issue is that on none of these environments they wouldn't achieve any kind of proper balance. That's the reason why all new ships are tested by CCs and other testers on live server. But this brings to the table the problem to have to balance the rework on live server and how this messes with the game and shifts the metta on each patch.

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
6 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

I don't think that they rushed it. The main issue is that doesn't matter how much time they have the CV rework on test servers or even PTS. The main issue is that on none of these environments they wouldn't achieve any kind of proper balance. That's the reason why all new ships are tested by CCs and other testers on live server. But this brings to the table the problem to have to balance the rework on live server and how this messes with the game and shifts the metta on each patch.

Well, this makes sense.
Although I still think way more work could have been done - balance wise.

Do you think they just couldn't see how strong the Hakuryu was at the time of release? It was pretty obvious to most CV enthusiast from what I've read.

Anyway, thank you for your input, very appreciated.

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Well, this makes sense.
Although I still think way more work could have been done - balance wise.

Do you think they just couldn't see how strong the Hakuryu was at the time of release? It was pretty obvious to most CV enthusiast from what I've read.

Anyway, thank you for your input, very appreciated.

I think they could have been done better balance and also listen more to playerbase input, of course. But at the end of the day, developers have less to non power to make some decisions and it's clear that someone on WG wanted CV rework on live as soon as possible.

When they announced the rework last year they intended to launch it before the end of the year, so I guess dev team used all their leverage to delay the rework until january.

The think is that after 08.8.0 I've only played 2 games, I was waiting to things stabilize and don't get frustrated with the game. Hope I can start playing again this weekend and see how it goes.

Also thanks to you on edditing the OP, much appreciated.

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

I would suggest that that while they will never be "merged" WG want both the Console and WOWS to be as similar as possible regarding gameplay so PC CV play had to change (I know the Captain stuff is different).

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
Just now, IanH755 said:

I would suggest that that while they will never be "merged" WG want both the Console and WOWS to be as similar as possible regarding gameplay so PC CV play had to change (I know the Captain stuff is different).

Could be. Still, I don't see this as a reson to rush the rework. I have been wrong in the past, I have to admit :)

Players
4,379 posts
7,767 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

No, but its easier to copy/paste stuff than come up with something on your own.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
551 posts
8,741 battles
2 hours ago, Vlad_Vado said:

The main issue is that doesn't matter how much time they have the CV rework on test servers or even PTS. The main issue is that on none of these environments they wouldn't achieve any kind of proper balance.

Wat.

You really think that, for example, the shitty state of lower tier carriers when they got into live wouldn't be caught within minutes of pre-pts internal testing? Seriously? You think that wg couldn't have set up pts so that each cv can be tested against ships within their matchmaking spread?

They didn't care.

After sitting on their hands for years, minions finally had to deal with a deadline, so all that mattered was a working model, not the balance issues, that's why it was left in this horrible state with all the additional cheese. If wargaming did actually care about this rework they would've collected all the data and feedback they wanted. Oh, wait, they actually did, but didn't care anyway, so this brilliant excuse was made up.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,856 posts
6,926 battles
3 hours ago, Blixies said:

How did you manage to get the "end of May" patchnotes this fast? :cap_hmm:

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

How did you manage to get the "end of May" patchnotes this fast? :cap_hmm:

It's super simple:
You just have to make a typo and there you go :D

• Funny 2

[UNICS]
Players
3,226 posts
12,644 battles
4 hours ago, Blixies said:

"The individual fine-tuning of the ships is out of the question for now. For example, first we need to find the optimal balance of air defense and aircraft losses at each tier, and then, if individual aircraft carriers lose too many aircraft, we can individually increase the survivability (or, if the air defense of individual ships is too weak, it can be strengthened)."

I do appreciate the honesty ( I really do), but this is pretty grim. I know balance takes time, but so does building a rollercoaster. What serious enterpreneur would send their customers for a ride on an unfinished rollercoaster?

Why is this a 'grim' issue? Most ships are playable and fine. Maybe it's the playerbase that has an emotional spectrum of a broken rollercoaster... :Smile_hiding:

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
41 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Why is this a 'grim' issue? Most ships are playable and fine.

Oh boy! The game is playable so everything is in order.

I see it as a grim issue as the game balance have been turned inside out, mostly unintentionally (at least that's what I read from the official WG responses and Q&As).
If you admit that you just can not fine-tune ships, because the game's state doesn't allow for it - that doesn't scream "cheerful" to me.

I used to be an optimist regarding WG's actions. Slowly but surely, my optimism immolated and I have risen from the ashes as Negative Nancy, the pesimistic nagger.
And not even your avatar of Daniel Defoe in a beanie looking slightly perplexed can't cheer me up.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,635 posts
6,496 battles
9 minutes ago, Blixies said:

And not even your avatar of Daniel Defoe in a beanie looking slightly perplexed can't cheer me up.

Daniel?

• Funny 1