You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Feel the wrath of the nerf wounded CV !

42 comments in this topic

Players
774 posts
4,773 battles

Fighting against low credit income and angry about all the nerfs imposed on CV......you can fight so concentrated you can suddenly find  yourself fighting alone against many. I'm sure the other team doubted that CV were nerfed at all. Especially the DD's that as you can see took 16 Tiny Tims.

Some very strange DD ambushed me in a far corner of the map so close i saw him through smoke but he did not fire any torpedo. My secondary guns -  12 x 127 mm guns to that side  - got him. Nice thing to have, these secondaries. His team payed dearly for that failure. Whatever he was doing ?? Due to the strike fighter nerfing  i would never have been able to kill him before he killed me....

WG5.jpg

WG6.jpg

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Solo warrior vs 4 enemies still alive. This means your team did good job getting & holding caps, not that you did anything particularly special yourself.

Lucky timing with a reasonably decent team while enemies aren't completely useless and this is the result you get

• Cool 9
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 3

Players
774 posts
4,773 battles
14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Solo warrior vs 4 enemies still alive. This means your team did good job getting & holding caps, not that you did anything particularly special yourself.

Lucky timing with a reasonably decent team while enemies aren't completely useless and this is the result you get

I did not post this to glorify myself. I did it because i dislike players that are the cause of all this nerfing. To show they may not want to celebrate too soon. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
2,476 posts
14,599 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

i dislike players that are the cause of all this nerfing

You think WG listens to the player base?

• Funny 1

Players
774 posts
4,773 battles
29 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

No they listen to their financial statistics. Its a buisiness just like any other in it to make money.

Since angry DD players are a much larger group then CV players, and changed DD player money spending behaviour may have been felt by WG i have some idea why the nerfs keep coming and to what end. But if they were serious about making CV control more suitable  to console players they will probably reverse too much nerfing at the time these players come into WOWS too. Then it possibly will be PC players that will be a minority that can scream all they want.

• Cool 1

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
1 hour ago, CraftyVeteran said:

bUt i kAn'T dO dAmAgE wIf MuH cV nUrF

You can, but it depends on luck rather than skill... only 1% complete N00bs and 1% unicums left hat make a difference.

Well at least all CV-players, no matter good or bad, are equal now, eh! :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,476 posts
14,599 battles
4 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

No they listen to their financial statistics. Its a buisiness just like any other in it to make money.

Since angry DD players are a much larger group then CV players, and changed DD player money spending behaviour may have been felt by WG i have some idea why the nerfs keep coming and to what end. But if they were serious about making CV control more suitable  to console players they will probably reverse too much nerfing at the time these players come into WOWS too. Then it possibly will be PC players that will be a minority that can scream all they want.

Any impact on financials will not be seen for months, so making rapid changes would make little sense.  What is happening... is what WG said would happen:  CVs could not be balance before they went live... so that is what we are seeing.

[IDDQD]
Players
178 posts
7,658 battles

here we are dudes, 100k dmg and 2 kills is now considered "beast game" in T8 CVs...lul

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,657 battles
5 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Oh yes they do, you only need to speak to them in a certain way as a player community and they will listen very intently

Players
2,476 posts
14,599 battles
18 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Oh yes they do, you only need to speak to them in a certain way as a player community and they will listen very intently

Did they listen to CV RTS players?

....or were their answers...

Nope

Nope 

Nope

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,657 battles

Not enough of them to be heard? Btw you do realise the proper way to speak to companies? You know, the wallet...

Players
2,476 posts
14,599 battles
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Not enough of them to be heard? Btw you do realise the proper way to speak to companies? You know, the wallet...

It woulds be months before there would be any noticeable impact from disillusioned CV players (a very small minority of the player base); and even then... WG has a fairly strong record of passing any blame back onto the player base.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,200 posts
14,454 battles
16 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You know, the wallet...

Which works oh so well. Just look at Activision Blizzard. Hundreds of low level employees let off as a cost cutting measure while the big shots just pile on more and more money.

I'm not telling you to keep spending just to save people from losing their jobs but do not believe for a second that it does anything to hurt those actually responsible or that they particularly care.

[MORIA]
[MORIA]
Players
108 posts
1 hour ago, RAYvenMP said:

here we are dudes, 100k dmg and 2 kills is now considered "beast game" in T8 CVs...lul

While i agree with many comments regarding CVs in this and other posts, it is still possible to have good games with CVs  at the moment. 

ss.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
107 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, RAYvenMP sagte:

Yepp, in RTS times this game would not have been "solo warrior" but "kraken unleashed".

Players
107 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, L8viathan sagte:

While i agree with many comments regarding CVs in this and other posts, it is still possible to have good games with CVs  at the moment. 

exactly - "at the moment".

Cause after all these torpedo and rocket nerf the 50+% fire chance of US dive bombs will be next to receive a nerf.

[BAD-B]
Players
807 posts
2,438 battles
9 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Fighting against low credit income and angry about all the nerfs imposed on CV......you can fight so concentrated you can suddenly find  yourself fighting alone against many. I'm sure the other team doubted that CV were nerfed at all. Especially the DD's that as you can see took 16 Tiny Tims.

Some very strange DD ambushed me in a far corner of the map so close i saw him through smoke but he did not fire any torpedo. My secondary guns -  12 x 127 mm guns to that side  - got him. Nice thing to have, these secondaries. His team payed dearly for that failure. Whatever he was doing ?? Due to the strike fighter nerfing  i would never have been able to kill him before he killed me....

Can you explain the point of your post ? It somehow escaped me ...

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,108 battles
2 hours ago, RAYvenMP said:

Err, for some players it is. Nothing to do with the class ... :Smile-_tongue:

• Boring 1

Players
846 posts
8,520 battles
9 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I did it because i dislike players that are the cause of all this nerfing.

Players caused this nerfing? How about bad game design caused this rework.

7 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Since angry DD players are a much larger group then CV players

You played 13% of your random games in CV and now suddenly when it suits the argument you're trying to make, you see yourself as a CV main and you talk about "they" vs "me", LUL.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[IDDQD]
Players
178 posts
7,658 battles
1 hour ago, L8viathan said:

ss.jpg

and how old is that screenshot?

not saying that you can't have good game in CVs as top tier, but i am generally bit suspicious of ppl with private profiles

Players
774 posts
4,773 battles

My bad, no the score is not very special. A replay would have been much more clarifying and entertaining.

My point is the enemy team were winning. They had near winning point killing my whole team's worth of points and were capping their 2nd cap. It was all over.

At that point became obvious wat a single CV can do. Nerfed to hell and all.

Players
894 posts
245 battles
7 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

You can, but it depends on luck rather than skill... only 1% complete N00bs and 1% unicums left hat make a difference.

Well at least all CV-players, no matter good or bad, are equal now, eh! :Smile_trollface:

Dunno if thats the case at tier 6.

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I think doing 100k damage is pretty special in a tier 8 carrier these days. Lets celebrate it instead of going toxic mode :cap_like:

Spoiler

and of course we all know carriers are by far the easiest class to 'farm' these in :Smile-_tongue: