You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hannibalurg

Tier 10 Battleship build?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
762 posts

After watching some clips of flambass and Notser, it feels like the old concealment meta is over for Battleships, as concealment have been nerfed.

Anyone seen a link or a good video about the new meta so i don't gimp myself?

Also, when do we guess Russian BB's are to arrive?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,831 posts
6,919 battles
9 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

After watching some clips of flambass and Notser, it feels like the old concealment meta is over for Battleships, as concealment have been nerfed.

False. It's still the to-go 4 point skill, unless you're going for something "fun" like full secondary build where you simply won't have points for it

10 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

Also, when do we guess Russian BB's are to arrive?

May / June

[-RM-]
Players
33 posts
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

False. It's still the to-go 4 point skill, unless you're going for something "fun" like full secondary build where you simply won't have points for it

May / June

I disagree. With cvs you're spotter from far enough that for the start of the engagement concealment simply doesn't matter anyway, just don't be first in. This is for ransoms ofcourse, for clan wars it would be a different matter

Also I didn't realise we had any official word of when Russian bbs were coming? So is may/june simply guess work?

For bbs my first 4 pointer is fire prevention. The rest is now up to you. You can invest in manual AA, or tank type skills like BOS and HA.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,327 posts
12,395 battles
45 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

I disagree. With cvs you're spotter from far enough that for the start of the engagement concealment simply doesn't matter anyway, just don't be first in. This is for ransoms ofcourse, for clan wars it would be a different matter

Also I didn't realise we had any official word of when Russian bbs were coming? So is may/june simply guess work?

For bbs my first 4 pointer is fire prevention. The rest is now up to you. You can invest in manual AA, or tank type skills like BOS and HA.

CV spotting has just been nerved and will get even less once the CV craze is over. Having said so both FP and CE are excellent 4-skill choices for BB's and the order of picking them is usually down to personal preference. As @wilkatis_LV already mentioned I also still use it on all my "not-just-for-fun" BB builds as it is the outright best offensive and defensive skill.

• Cool 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
845 posts
7,412 battles
49 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

Cvs? There are cvs in this game? Some masochists  still play them?

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,209 battles

I guess I would still take it if it was 7,5% instead of 10%.  I think the area grows exponentially if you increase the diameter of the circle, right?
So even a 1 km worse concelament means the actuall are from which you can be spotted is pretty hug,.

Correct me if I'm wrong (geometry, and math in general, were never my strong side.)

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,327 posts
12,395 battles
7 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I guess I would still take it if it was 7,5% instead of 10%.  I think the area grows exponentially if you increase the diameter of the circle, right?
So even a 1 km worse concelament means the actuall are from which you can be spotted is pretty hug,.

Correct me if I'm wrong (geometry, and math in general, were never my strong side.)

If you go from 15km down to 13.5km you have reduced the spotting area by 20%.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,831 posts
6,919 battles
1 hour ago, admiralgpt said:

CV spotting is still WiP, and number of CVs played will lower as the hypr finally dies out. That alone is a point for “right at this moment” not “into near-ish future”. Overall CE is still an excellent skill to take

That VMF BB thing - mid last year there was a “leak” for WGs future plans with “dates” attached, but as my old HDD died I can’t link it to you anymore. From what I remember currently we’re about 2 weeks behind schedule (due to couple extended patches), those BBs were supposed to come mid May, and then as the final new line of the year we’d get RM CAs in autimn.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,380 posts
5,761 battles

CV numbers are already declining..

and for almost every ship, that %10 concealment is still a must have I think.

Even more for some than other...

LION has 12km stealth in current conditions with stealth built.. That is a very very good number.

the only ship I don't have CE is my bismarck... because LOL...