Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DreadArchangel

CV players, Do not scout

20 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
742 posts

As the title says do not waste your aircraft scouting keep the  close to main line of ships, let the dd's scout, their better at it than we are, so let them make first contact. DO NOT SCOUT.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 7

[PORT]
Modder
1,553 posts
11,385 battles

But spotting ribbons give some xp/rewards, so these can add up quite a bit. :Smile_hiding:

Serious: It's nice to know which side the enemy team is going after 45 sec.

Weekend Tester
742 posts

Mate you can pick other ribbons up yeah i'll scout for the ribbons when needed to but when not let the dd's do it, let them take the first hits. Save your planes for later stages.

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,382 posts
4,424 battles

You can force the enemy away from a cap... letting your DDs do what they do best... cap.

Biggest mistake i see from cv captains is starting out with rockets and not torps... best time to catch a BB with no friends, is before they bunch up ;p

Weekend Tester
742 posts

Guys what has scouting done for us? This they have reduced our spotting range by 20 percent, our aiming circles have been made bigger and out hitpoints of out planes have been reduced, There are cruisers that we can not see before they open up on us wi aa..

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
742 posts

Guys the dd's have better spotting than we do so let them do it, thats what their there for, then we can send in our strike craft.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
740 posts
4,741 battles

OP forgets the enemy DD still needs to be found before it surprises allied DD.  Aircraft still find and spot the enemy DD but cannot engage it anymore without another source that keeps spotting it because you will lose it out of sight turning. So that other source is the allied DD that if you found the enemy DD  knows where to go to light it up permanent. Then everyone - including the strike fighters - can attack it.

If OP wants the spotting ribbons/task for himself.....sorry, still aircraft that do that. The early permanent spotting is your task. (DD that is)

Still able to map the half or the whole fleet bee lining just outside their AA. So there are invisible "AA trap" cruisers, but when they open up you just evade and speed out of their range.

Scouting does not cost aircraft, if you are not careless.  Unless WG wants to nerf CV even more, if that is even possible. It seems they want 0 players in CV. Could just as well have removed them.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
742 posts

You can't avoid what you can't see even if you react fast, your still going to take  series damage to your flight and thats before, you attack something, its up to everybody else wants to do but i'll be saving my planes till enemy spotted.

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles
6 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

You can't avoid what you can't see

So anything which gets torped by a DD?

A Cruiser getting shot at from a BB which isnt spotted?

Or a Cruiser which suddenly pops Radar against a DD?

Oh and btw, you DO know that there is something ahead -> game tells you "planes are spotted" so...

Im not necessarily agreeing with the change in air detectability as a flat 20%, but your arguements are simply wrong

• Cool 1

Players
740 posts
4,741 battles
16 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

You can't avoid what you can't see even if you react fast, your still going to take  series damage to your flight and thats before, you attack something, its up to everybody else wants to do but i'll be saving my planes till enemy spotted.

For that damage the "F" key is still the solution.

Having evaded/accelerated out of more damage you press the F key and have the damaged aircraft returned for repair. Fresh planes will be waiting to carry on the rest of the scouting, if they too are damaged the repaired ones are ready.

It's just you should not continue to fly in AA. Respawning is a whole other thing then reparing returning aircraft.

[YJKG]
Players
346 posts
17,464 battles

The best way to play CV right now is prolly going after for 15-20 minutes after loading in. You'll have less frustration and anger in your life! Make sure to launch one squadron of planes and try to do 1 damage so you get some exp at least!!!! In all honesty though, avoid CVs until they unfuck them.

Players
873 posts
245 battles

I always suicide my first rocket squad to get some early damage of and make people panic where they are going. It also enables me to see where they might go and to then pick whether torp or bombers would be more suitable (hmm could we get light, medium and heavy bombers pls?).

it’s worked so far in my ranger even if it might not be the right course of action to do.

Weekend Tester
742 posts

There you go 4 torp hits from my yugumo for 61k of damage on a yamato, how many airborne torps would that take to happen, yet they continue to cut the damage and flooding from airborne torps

• Cool 1

Players
740 posts
4,741 battles

Moderators ban request for proper kamikaze aircraft, but in fact we ( have to ) play like we have them already.....

• Funny 1

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,209 posts
1,477 battles
18 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

So anything which gets torped by a DD?

A Cruiser getting shot at from a BB which isnt spotted?

Or a Cruiser which suddenly pops Radar against a DD?

Oh and btw, you DO know that there is something ahead -> game tells you "planes are spotted" so...

Im not necessarily agreeing with the change in air detectability as a flat 20%, but your arguements are simply wrong

This, values might need tweaking but having to change your approach because of undetected enemies is a fundamental requirement in all classes. The game tells you that you are spotted and you then can take measure to avoid damage. 

I don't really see why Cvs should be exempt from this especially when they have tried to change the playstyle to be more like ships. 

They wanted to reduce the ability of CVs to spot everything so easily, saying that you are not going to spot anything at all just because its a little harder sounds like a learn to play issue not a balance issue to me. 

The Yugumo comparison is silly, the Yugumo has to be way closer to do that damage, has to put itself in more risk to do its damage rather than it's 'ammo' (i.e planes) and also has to deal with potential hidden threats as well (radar cruisers, other DDs etc,) and those threats can put it out of the game, not just remove some planes. 

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,268 battles

Even though planes get a detected symbol, a CV player now has to be practically on top of the DD to spot it. Then it can try an attack run. But it will probably find an AA cruiser bubble before it finds the DD.

And I don't know why they have this multiple attack run idea. Lucky to get one off against anything that isn't an isolated target. You probably won't know for sure if it is isolated on the first attack run anyway.

T6 CV is horrible against T8 AA. Might try a T8 CV in the next few days. But for now, the hotfixes have sucked WG's idea out of the reworked CV play. No point being able to make multiple attack runs in most cases.

[AS13]
Players
2,458 posts
2,499 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Moderators ban request for proper kamikaze aircraft, but in fact we ( have to ) play like we have them already.....

What you'd get is a T4 plane in a T8 match, and a pilot that had a large cup of ritual sake... :Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this