You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Reaper171

Radar in Ranked.

38 comments in this topic

[GOLD]
Beta Tester
172 posts
2,354 battles

You really need to disable it. 

Consider the amount of players in the game, and consider the amount of ships that have it, then consider the matchmaking giving 3 radar to 1 team and 1 to the other, or worse 1+ radar and ZERO to the other team.

Ive said it before and ill keep saying it til this cheat is removed from the game, just because it has a time limit doesnt make it less obnoxious.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
637 posts
9,586 battles
3 minutes ago, Reaper171 said:

Consider the amount of players in the game, and consider the amount of ships that have it, then consider the matchmaking giving 3 radar to 1 team and 1 to the other, or worse 1+ radar and ZERO to the other team.

Ive said it before and ill keep saying it til this cheat is removed from the game, just because it has a time limit doesnt make it less obnoxious.

0BEC9D62-689A-42C8-BDFD-F8531875CB6E.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
7 minutes ago, Reaper171 said:

Im pretty sure you dont have the definition of "cheat" right.

• Cool 1

[GOLD]
Beta Tester
172 posts
2,354 battles

Wallhack = Making walls see through showing the exact positions of enemies.

Radar = "Mechanic" making rocks, smoke see through showing the exact position of enemies.

Just because one is put into the game by the devs and has a time limit doesnt make it less of a cheat.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Players
838 posts
8,515 battles
3 minutes ago, Reaper171 said:

Radar = "Mechanic" making rocks, smoke see through showing the exact position of enemies.

Just because one is put into the game by the devs and has a time limit doesnt make it less of a cheat.

image.png.c2483d177ce0b2204b2be564e6f6c382.png

• Funny 7

Beta Tester
2,421 posts
9,401 battles
28 minutes ago, Reaper171 said:

No they just need to force the nation-mirroring of CA in Ranked. 

If there is no other IJN CA in queue, you gotta wait or pick something else. 

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
9 minutes ago, Reaper171 said:

You couldnt be more wrong.

Cheating in online games is defined as the action of pretending to comply with the rules of the game, while secretly subverting them to gain an unfair advantage over an opponent.

Everbody using Radar is complying with the rules of the game.

Cheating in video games involves a video game player using non-standard methods to create an advantage or disadvantage beyond normal gameplay

Radar is a standard method, belonging to normal gameplay.

World-hacking is a method or third-party program that enables a user to exploit bugs and to view more of a level than intended by the developer.

Radar is not provided by a third-party-program. It is intended by the developer to see ships, that are hiding in smoke, hiding behind an island or are concealed by any other means. Conclusion:

"Just because one is put into the game by the devs and has a time limit doesnt make it less of a cheat."

You are completly wrong. Radar is the very definition of NOT being a cheat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_video_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_online_games

Players
749 posts
4,748 battles

I guess the forum members that have stated that there are many players that want all that is able to sink a them to be removed from the game are right.

So CV was nerfed to hell - all but removed from game -  whats next ? Submarines might not even ever be realeasd after this CV debacle, radar removed, hydro removed, DD class removed, Cruiser/BB torpedo's removed ? HE (fires) removed ?

Go play Tier 1-3 and leave serious players to their game !

[NWP]
Players
1,881 posts
12,596 battles

Well, if the entire NWP clan is here I'll come say hello as well I guess.

Removing radar is all good and so, but how do you plan to balance the DDs? Right now losing one DD = (for 95% of the games) losing the game. Removing radar will make this even more so. So it'll come down (even more) to skill of the DDs (aka who has the worst potato DD).

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,168 posts
14,439 battles
Just now, 159Hunter said:

Removing radar is all good and so, but how do you plan to balance the DDs?

Make CVs great again? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 7

[VRNG]
Players
115 posts
5,933 battles
27 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Make CVs great again? :Smile_trollface:

are we stuck in a balance  loop?

[NWP]
Players
637 posts
9,586 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Submarines might not even ever be realeasd

Submarines WILL never be released. There, cleared that up for you. 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,592 posts
6,443 battles

I'm curious: how is radar in Ranked any worse than radar in Randoms? At least in Ranked, you have fewer enemies to focus you after you get zapped by radar...

Full disclosure though: I made a lot of use of Black in Ranked this time, so I'm partly guilty of adding to the radar levels. I am a DD main though, so the above comes from a position of more usually being the victim of radar, and having had the opportunity to get the hang of at least basic counter-play.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
126 posts
8,128 battles

More radar does not determine winning team, especially not in T9 arms race.

Sure, it will help if used properly, but I've played enough ranked games to know that team composition at the start means nothing.

Hell, in one game we all got carried by Ibuki (TWA one).

I will always take better player in no-radar ship over worse player in radar ship.

• Cool 2

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,375 posts
9,288 battles

Just played a fun game in ranked where the enemy had three radar ships and we had none. Game over in 3 minutes. What a joke WG, absolute joke.

• Cool 1

[-CC-]
Players
8 posts
8,544 battles
5 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

Just played a fun game in ranked where the enemy had three radar ships and we had none. Game over in 3 minutes. What a joke WG, absolute joke.

Same thing happened to me few minutes ago, had great time..... 0/10.
Fix that broken MM.

[MIRAI]
Players
160 posts
7,982 battles
25 minutes ago, Krinag said:

Same thing happened to me few minutes ago, had great time..... 0/10.
Fix that broken MM.

Just played a fun game in ranked where the enemy had three radar ships and we had none. Our team defeated them without much issue.

Git gud.

:Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,345 posts
11,248 battles
On 2/21/2019 at 6:31 PM, Reaper171 said:

There are games that don't let you see things that are not in your line of sight (behind an island). I guess shared spotting is a cheat then (wallhack).

There are games where you need to adjust the angle of your barrel to have the shell land at desired distance. I guess the fact that you can just point and click to have your shells land around the spot is a cheat then (aimbot).

There are games where you're restricted to 1st person view. I guess looking at your ship from above, having a minimap and access to a map view of the battlefield are all cheats.

And last but not least: there are so many games where water is impassable or where you technically can enter it but it kills you. Damn, who released these cheats that let us walk on water!? WG needs to up their anti-cheat game and do something about this omnipresent cheating :cap_viking:

• Funny 1

Players
749 posts
4,748 battles
On 2/21/2019 at 9:10 PM, Bear_Necessities said:

Submarines WILL never be released. There, cleared that up for you. 

I don't think you are right......WG didn't pay programmers for developing underwater enviroment, physics and submarine modeling just to have some nice events. These events were testing enviroments. It costs a lot of money to develop and WG is a buisiness.

Besides that there will probably be premium Submarines that will be sold to tens of thousands of players. That is why WG won't remove CV or do a rollback, they probably will have some premium CV for sale too. But (new tree) BB will be their main focus, their priority.  BB players are simply the largest group. In my premium line up there is a majority of BB too.

Speaking for myself i do not own premium DD's i have bought (  only a free Aigle for coal and a free Cossack )  but i will buy premium CV or Submarines. And i know i am not that unique.

I'm contemplating over just getting some Tier 6 tech tree DD's and give them a "premium" skin for using them in Operations. But DD are not so usefull there anyway. But sometimes i do enjoy the challenge. DD are just not worth much money to me. If that goes for more people there will you have submarines.....

[NWP]
Players
637 posts
9,586 battles
16 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I don't think you are right......WG didn't pay programmers for developing underwater enviroment, physics and submarine modeling just to have some nice events. These events were testing enviroments. It costs a lot of money to develop and WG is a buisiness.

Besides that there will probably be premium Submarines that will be sold to tens of thousands of players. That is why WG won't remove CV or do a rollback, they probably will have some premium CV for sale too. But (new tree) BB will be their main focus, their priority.  BB players are simply the largest group. In my premium line up there is a majority of BB too.

Speaking for myself i do not own premium DD's i have bought (  only a free Aigle for coal and a free Cossack )  but i will buy premium CV or Submarines. And i know i am not that unique.

I'm contemplating over just getting some Tier 6 tech tree DD's and give them a "premium" skin for using them in Operations. But DD are not so usefull there anyway. But sometimes i do enjoy the challenge. DD are just not worth much money to me. If that goes for more people there will you have submarines.....

They have pretty much stated that subs will never enter random or competitive. They stated that a while back and it hasn’t changed. For special event it’s fine.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,375 posts
9,288 battles
2 hours ago, Fubucky said:

Just played a fun game in ranked where the enemy had three radar ships and we had none. Our team defeated them without much issue.

Git gud.

:Smile_trollface:

I think even you could understand the simple yet overwhelming technical advantage given to a team who has radar where the opposite team has none. No MM should ever allow that obvious imbalance in a competitive mode, ever, not on a technical level.

• Cool 1

[MIRAI]
Players
160 posts
7,982 battles
15 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

I think even you could understand the simple yet overwhelming technical advantage given to a team who has radar where the opposite team has none. No MM should ever allow that obvious imbalance in a competitive mode, ever, not on a technical level.

Yeah. Jokes aside, I also think that too many radars on one side creates immense pressure on the opposing team.

WG thinks that its fine since ships with radar and without radar have similar WR and dmg. This way of thinking is irrelevant. Why? Let's imagine a MM where its 5 BB vs 5 DD, all of them with 52% WR. Who do you think its gonna win? DDs obviously. It's not about WR/dmg/statistics. It's about offering fair gameplay conditions. Ships with radar offer different conditions than the ones without radar. Radar is not just a consumable, it's a powerful condition.I believe that WG should address this issue accordingly.

• Cool 2

[DPT]
Players
259 posts
8,092 battles

15 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

In Domination surely, but Arms Race? There is very little reason to push into enemy radar as a DD.

Domination in randoms is alot more difficult with a DD to handle.

Maybe I didn't play enough rounds of ranked yet but I haven't had one instance where I felt an enemy radar ship was a threat to my DD.

If anything I sometimes even go open water gunboating in my Kitakaze. 

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,375 posts
9,288 battles
6 hours ago, Desteban said:

In Domination surely, but Arms Race? There is very little reason to push into enemy radar as a DD.

Domination in randoms is alot more difficult with a DD to handle.

Maybe I didn't play enough rounds of ranked yet but I haven't had one instance where I felt an enemy radar ship was a threat to my DD.

If anything I sometimes even go open water gunboating in my Kitakaze. 

This is particularly about a level playing field. How can WG expect anyone to feel like they have an even chance of winning when there are (seemingly) quite often some blatant imbalances in the way teams are set up. People are playing for stars in ranked matches. It may take 5 games to win a single star and 5 games to lose 5 stars, and not always because of bad gameplay on your part but because of factors beyond your control. Making it worse by blatant technical mismatches like radar line-ups is a real over-sight on WG's part. We're already contending with so much else we cannot control, like team mates, rng, etc. It's things like this that make ranked matches more of a grindfest and less about skill, yet they ironically call them ranked matches.

• Cool 1