You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fubucky

Most Cruisers can now "Stealth-AA" / WG nerfed CVs too much.

58 comments in this topic

[GBONM]
Players
249 posts
5,163 battles

That could have been written by me, but would be akward after i declared my love for 8.0.2 rework. Thanks for that explanation!

• Cool 4

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,168 posts
14,439 battles

Honestly I'd mark anything below 700m as yellow due to plane speeds and the wonderful thing called render delay.

Not that I particularly care anymore ofc. *cackles in Chinese*

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
35 posts
6,452 battles

I agree with the post on 100 percent, read it twice.

Props for the spread sheet, I was working on something similar, you saved my time.

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
816 posts
7,746 battles
11 minutes ago, Panocek said:

TL;DR

WG cannot into balans

can it into speis though? 

they need to start doing small incremental tweaks instead of several massive changes of different mechanics at once.... otherwise you get strange or sometimes very unexpected synergies... 

[XODUS]
Players
778 posts
4,511 battles

Ok i was concerned by Mino and Worcester but this is ducking bonkers

i cannot believe i am saying this but
10% increase to Cruiser AA NOW please

• Cool 1

[GBONM]
Players
249 posts
5,163 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Winged_Cat_Dormant sagte:

Thanks for this. Very clever. Now why can't WG do this math and analysis before dropping the hammer???

It's obviously intentional because minitaurs comolained about not being a "no fly zone" enough.

So they indirectly buffed AA with that.

Beta Tester
2,421 posts
9,401 battles

There is no Stealth-AA anymore, as your bloom is as large as your AA when active. 

What you mean is that there is no invulnerable spotting for CVs anymore. Many cruises will be able to shoot at any planes that spot them (AA ships will always be spotted back though). 

Problem might be that some heavy AA cruisers can lure you well into their AA range now. But I am not sure how big the impact is if you don't run straight towards them and try to boost out immediately. This is where RPF helps btw. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
4,323 posts
7,730 battles
10 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

There is no Stealth-AA anymore, as your bloom is as large as your AA when active. 

What you mean is that there is no invulnerable spotting for CVs anymore. Many cruises will be able to shoot at any planes that spot them (AA ships will always be spotted back though). 

Problem might be that some heavy AA cruisers can lure you well into their AA range now. But I am not sure how big the impact is if you don't run straight towards them and try to boost out immediately. This is where RPF helps btw. 

There is no stealth AA as of firing at planes without being detected - you need smoke for that. BUT, with 1km margin between AA range and aerial detection Mino/Wooster can make quite an ambush, also you can't spot them without receiving considerable long range dps + flak. In clan battle condition, or at least in 3man platoon you can hope for team/division mates to shoot at lighted up AA cruiser when you're basically feeding your planes to the AA.

And RPF is already scheduled to be disabled from planes:Smile_smile:

[XODUS]
Players
778 posts
4,511 battles

I was exceptionally bored on a conference call so i quickly put this together with an assumption that cruisers needed a 10% increase in their Air Detection

image.thumb.png.0af8d6ce8b5296a406e7bbd099fe2842.png

British and American Light Cruisers Retain the ability to ambush by AA but they are not drawing them in anywhere near as far before they would have to execute the ambush

Players
1,206 posts
7,639 battles
1 hour ago, Fubucky said:

With the introduction of the update 0.8.0.3, air detectability of every ship has been reduced by 20%. This change was aimed to:

Why did they not do a per-class reduction? A flat reduction of 20% benefits bigger, more detectable ships more than smaller ones, and I don't think anyone was complaining about BBs being harassed? 

• Cool 3

Players
4,323 posts
7,730 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

Why did they not do a per-class reduction? A flat reduction of 20% benefits bigger, more detectable ships more than smaller ones, and I don't think anyone was complaining about BBs being harassed? 

Its not like baBBies aren't main WG customer and playerbase...

Players
1,206 posts
7,639 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Its not like baBBies aren't main WG customer and playerbase...

True, but they have the least trouble with CVs.

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
342 posts
9,364 battles
1 hour ago, Fubucky said:

I don't even care about hull control any more.

Exactly that :D  Everything is so much broken - we don't care anymore xD

To be serious, WG had many other options how to make some aspects way better but they didn't. For example they could make that dispersion of torps or other things also depened on AA of enemy ship.

If you get hit hard by flak or just plane lose a lot of HP it could become less accurate.

I completely agree with problem of overspotting but I have no idea how this buff will resolve the problem, ships will be spotted anyway but planes are more in trouble.

I hate idea of 12 plane squadron, while you drop once or twice and all planes are dead.

WG had, have and will have no idea about fair balance ever or actually they fail so hard, becuase they don't know direction, they do just "lets try this and that, it might work" :cap_old:

• Cool 2

[MIRAI]
Players
160 posts
7,982 battles
Just now, invicta2012 said:

Exactly. WG did not even let the playerbase know about this major change. They just straight up slapped the sledgehammer on the live server without any notice, nor testing, nor feedback, nothing.

• Cool 1

[CSF]
Players
486 posts
5,046 battles

Yea it is so much easier to spot a 15 meter plane than a 200 meter cruiser... Effing logic, eh?!

Players
4,323 posts
7,730 battles
5 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

True, but they have the least trouble with CVs.

I see plenty of butthurt from BB players when I somehow land 6 Midway torps for total of... 10k dmg:cap_book:

Just now, Horin728 said:

Yea it is so much easier to spot a 15 meter plane than a 200 meter cruiser... Effing logic, eh?!

One explanation would be planes being picked up by radar. On other hand, one would expect some sort of binoculars on board for squadron leader to improve standard issue eyeball mk.1

But hey, don't apply logic to wargaming actions at times, it might end badly for the logic

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,168 posts
14,439 battles
14 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I have to admit, this almost brought a tear to my eye.

Almost.

Hide contents

2VZgek8.jpg

52iucFF.jpg

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,421 posts
9,401 battles
50 minutes ago, Panocek said:

There is no stealth AA as of firing at planes without being detected - you need smoke for that. BUT, with 1km margin between AA range and aerial detection Mino/Wooster can make quite an ambush, also you can't spot them without receiving considerable long range dps + flak. In clan battle condition, or at least in 3man platoon you can hope for team/division mates to shoot at lighted up AA cruiser when you're basically feeding your planes to the AA.

Don't fly straight towards them and you should be able to boost away. 

Players
4,323 posts
7,730 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

giphy.gif

Dunno if interested for regrinding Midway or splashing monies for some pay2noob experience. But who knows, if WG won't swing nerfhammer other way...