You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Contrador

I think we need another FREE captain RESPEC.

Free captain respec. Yay or Nay  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Is a free respec as soon as possible needed ?

• Yes, i think its would be good, due to quick changing meta
    • No, the previous free respec. was enough
  2. 2. Would it be appropriate to urge WG to add this respec with 8.1 ?

• Yes, with 8.1. its acceptable
    • No, it should be done sooner, or even more frequently before 8.2.
    • I voted that free respec. is not needed

33 comments in this topic

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles

I searched the WoWs website, and another free respec is due in 8.2, and i havent found any other relevant information. 

That is in my opinion too far away, as the current and future hotfixes change things quite seriously for all classes.

Now, what do you people think about this ? Poll added.

NOTE. PEOPLE IF U VOTE, BUMP/reply in this topic also, please. We need to raise the awaraness at least for few days.

NOTE2. Cmon people, if you can view the topic, you CAN click to VOTE :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,560 posts
9,193 battles

My personal view is that the current state of affairs is woefully inadequate; as an absolute minimum, there should have been at least a week's free respec/demount (don't forget the latter) for each patch until some semblance of balance is achieved. Better would have to simply leave a rolling free respec/demount in place for the entirety of the balancing period, as even the hotfixes have had a significant impact on optimal builds.

• Cool 8

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

Well what skills would dou change?

I did not mean skills, i mean free reset of captain points. Now people are still trying to find a way to balance their captains. Thats something you can do in a week after one patch. 

But we are now getting quite a few patches, and still more patches will come with further changes. So it would be only fair i think that we have the option to get free respec. of our captain skills more often [since the CV mess was not our choice at all]

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

My personal view is that the current state of affairs is woefully inadequate; as an absolute minimum, there should have been at least a week's free respec/demount (don't forget the latter) for each patch until some semblance of balance is achieved. Better would have to simply leave a rolling free respec/demount in place for the entirety of the balancing period, as even the hotfixes have had a significant impact on optimal builds.

Indeed, and there is ZERO demand for that on the forums. Thx for replying in this topic.

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles

Main reason why the respec is justified imo is that they continue changing skills like RPF on CVs. That's a whole 4 pt skill that suddenly goes from situationally useful to outright useless because it just does no longer work.

• Cool 8

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles
Just now, Seiranko said:

Main reason why the respec is justified imo is that they continue changing skills like RPF on CVs. That's a whole 4 pt skill that suddenly goes from situationally useful to outright useless because it just does no longer work.

Indeed, and not only that. Perhaps people invested in 1point skill to add more fighter for their consumable. Its now pointless since the new patch changed the number of fighter planes for all ships.

Players
4,735 posts
8,441 battles
1 minute ago, Seiranko said:

This. IMO as long as there are direct changes to mechanics and/or balancing on a broad-scale (as in every ships AA gets changed), we should have free respec active all the time.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
3,346 posts
18,792 battles
7 minutes ago, Contrador said:

I did not mean skills, i mean free reset of captain points. Now people are still trying to find a way to balance their captains. Thats something you can do in a week after one patch. 

But we are now getting quite a few patches, and still more patches will come with further changes. So it would be only fair i think that we have the option to get free respec. of our captain skills more often [since the CV mess was not our choice at all]

Well with captains you change their skills or perks or whatever you want to call them so what else would you chose? I mean not that these tweaks they are doing changes the principle upon whitch you build in core, for most parts for non cv ships you have 3 options - focus on AA (ships that have prerequisites for it to be worthwile), you ignore AA and rely on "classic" builds (ie tank build, gunship build, etc) or some ballance thereof (usually only applys to CAs and few bbs) so tbh i dont see the pressing issue there, the RDF argument is valid for cvs and it might be warranted to give free respec on cvs but tbh those 4 points are not that essential its not optimal but you wont live or die by those 4 points, I m mot saying I oppose free respec would be nice to have it for full duration of this but I dont see it as that much of an issue

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles
Just now, Contrador said:

Indeed, and not only that. Perhaps people invested in 1point skill to add more fighter for their consumable. Its now pointless since the new patch changed the number of fighter planes for all ships.

I mean, that you could weasel yourself out of. There is a diminished return for sure, but it still works. RPF meanwhile flat out won't work and has not a diminished return, but no return at all.

2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

This. IMO as long as there are direct changes to mechanics and/or balancing on a broad-scale (as in every ships AA gets changed), we should have free respec active all the time.

I'd say that'd be nice and a friendly gesture towards people for having to put up with this lifetesting. It costs exactly nothing and helps avoid pissed off customers. But WG refuse to. At the very very least they should give a respec though when they directly alter skills.

• Cool 2

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well with captains you change their skills or perks or whatever you want to call them so what else would you chose? I mean not that these tweaks they are doing changes the principle upon whitch you build in core, for most parts for non cv ships you have 3 options - focus on AA (ships that have prerequisites for it to be worthwile), you ignore AA and rely on "classic" builds (ie tank build, gunship build, etc) or some ballance thereof (usually only applys to CAs and few bbs) so tbh i dont see the pressing issue there, the RDF argument is valid for cvs and it might be warranted to give free respec on cvs but tbh those 4 points are not that essential its not optimal but you wont live or die by those 4 points, I m mot saying I oppose free respec would be nice to have it for full duration of this but I dont see it as that much of an issue

I understand your point a bit better, but the 1point in additional fighter plane is from my point of view of the same value as 4point RPF. Additionally, you may argue that lot of DDs dont need RPF now, as the CV population is not dissapearing. Or given recent AA bufs, a lot of ships dont need BFT now. Or people are getting more comfortable with their AA sector swaping, so they no longer need the manual AA for 4pts. 

Its the subtle changes, that in my opinion validate free respec. Even though we can all live without it for next two months.

Btw thx for participating in the discussion, i think its the most important to raise the awaraness of various points mentioned in this topic from all people. 

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles
1 minute ago, Contrador said:

I understand your point a bit better, but the 1point in additional fighter plane is from my point of view of the same value as 4point RPF. Additionally, you may argue that lot of DDs dont need RPF now, as the CV population is not dissapearing. Or given recent AA bufs, a lot of ships dont need BFT now. Or people are getting more comfortable with their AA sector swaping, so they no longer need the manual AA for 4pts. 

I mean, any ship that used BFT before will continue to do so now, unless CV numbers decrease or they have no non-AA related use for it. Just because the skill got better doesn't mean it's useless, especially as very few ships could claim they'd have good enough AA anyway to shred planes with base AA. Also, Manual AA is not just 20% faster switching but 20% more effect (which actually is the bigger effect if you get used to switching and in case of BBs the skill might make the difference on whether it is actually worth it to switch sectors or just not bother). I certainly wouldn't invest 4 points into Manual AA if it only made shaved off 2s from switch time on my Mino, but I do it because it increases the bonus from 125% to 150%.

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles
10 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

I mean, any ship that used BFT before will continue to do so now, unless CV numbers decrease or they have no non-AA related use for it. Just because the skill got better doesn't mean it's useless, especially as very few ships could claim they'd have good enough AA anyway to shred planes with base AA. Also, Manual AA is not just 20% faster switching but 20% more effect (which actually is the bigger effect if you get used to switching and in case of BBs the skill might make the difference on whether it is actually worth it to switch sectors or just not bother). I certainly wouldn't invest 4 points into Manual AA if it only made shaved off 2s from switch time on my Mino, but I do it because it increases the bonus from 125% to 150%.

And here is where I differ just a bit. A ship that started to use BFT due to CV rework, might not need it now, as AA values were raised a bit [or people found out that its not helping anyway. I think we both overestimate the intelligence of player base]. A DD might think that the AA protection is no longer needed, and might spec into torp reload or something.

As for the Manual AA part, there i am 100 percent with you.

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles
4 minutes ago, Contrador said:

And here is where I differ just a bit. A ship that started to use BFT due to CV rework, might not need it now, as AA values were raised a bit [or people found out that its not helping anyway. I think we both overestimate the intelligence of player base]. A DD might think that the AA protection is no longer needed, and might spec into torp reload or something.

As for the Manual AA part, there i am 100 percent with you.

If you didn't realise it didn't help anyway while it was free, you won't find out now. Right back at you, I think you overestimate the intelligence of the player base...

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

They managed to utterly ruin CV gameplay, so i need those captains transfered to more worthy ships. And since it is not my own fault the game is made unplayable for CV class i wish to at least be offered a free respec of my former CV captains.

[CATS]
Players
20,478 posts
12,546 battles

Second free respec with 0.8.2 is enough.

I do not really need 6+ free respecs this year.

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And i think u dont want a free respec, just cause I called you out in different topic on not even trying to play the new CVs. Cmon, admit it :Smile_trollface:

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,234 posts
6,552 battles

Theres no disadvantage to having a free respec. Just set the cost at 0 and then anyone who wants to can move things around.

Personally I think it should be on for the duration of the aircraft testing since changes make skills suddenly useful/not useful.

• Cool 2

Players
2,329 posts
11,315 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Do you make it a personal point of you to disagree with everything? The demand for respecs is more than justified with a meta and ship specifications in perpetual flux.

[CATS]
Players
20,478 posts
12,546 battles
5 minutes ago, Contrador said:

And i think u dont want a free respec, just cause I called you out in different topic on not even trying to play the new CVs. Cmon, admit it :Smile_trollface:

As I said long before:

When the free respec of the CV patch hit, I had not finished yet the respecs from my last free respec from last December.

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles
1 minute ago, Xevious_Red said:

Theres no disadvantage to having a free respec. Just set the cost at 0 and then anyone who wants to can move things around.

Personally I think it should be on for the duration of the aircraft testing since changes make skills suddenly useful/not useful.

Thank you for visiting the topic. 

I think i yelled something on your clan guys [which i cant remember who it was] in one battle this week. Well they yelled back, we won, so i hope no one remembers me in your clan :Smile_hiding:

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
53 posts
7,741 battles
5 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Do you make it a personal point of you to disagree with everything? The demand for respecs is more than justified with a meta and ship specifications in perpetual flux.

4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

As I said long before:

When the free respec of the CV patch hit, I had not finished yet the respecs from my last free respec from last December.

Guys, dont do ithere :cap_rambo:, we can solve our differences elswhere [i have my share of grievances, opinions etc.]. Lets stay on topic, spread the word to bump this topic to get attention and get the free respec.

[CATS]
Players
20,478 posts
12,546 battles
2 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Looks like you did your homework....

shot-22_11.16_22_19.24-0516.thumb.jpg.1820bb9c25454446d86330254f44731e.jpg

• Bad 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,234 posts
6,552 battles
19 minutes ago, Contrador said:

Thank you for visiting the topic. 

I think i yelled something on your clan guys [which i cant remember who it was] in one battle this week. Well they yelled back, we won, so i hope no one remembers me in your clan :Smile_hiding:

Our clan is almost entirely made of players who wanted the oil bonuses but didnt really want to be in a clan. There are a few that throw together a team for clan wars to get some steel. (Kudos to them - they did pretty well for a clan that doesnt even use voice chat)

I honestly couldnt tell you who half the people in the clan are, so I don't think you're in danger of a vendetta.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles

Be patient.

WG is gonna make at least 3-4 U-turns in the next months, so this respecc won't do anything.

• Cool 1