You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

CV- We are in for a world of hurt

90 comments in this topic

Players
95 posts
460 battles

So, I just finished one game with the Ryujo....dear CV brothers we are in for a world of hurt.

I couldn't spot any DD. I knew the DD was capping and  I flew my circles I couldn't spot him, a friendly cruiser finally spottet him.

I got wiped out by Cleveland AA before I could even see the Cleveland:cap_rambo:. Our own Massa had 75 plane kills . However the enemys CV could see the Massa. The Cleveland was untauchable.  Both CVs attacked as it was the only remaining enemy surface ship. 

Cruisers can avoid Rockets now, even some BBs...I guess I'll just leave them on the ship, not that I even used them before. If you are playing American stick with HE Bombs against DDs, way more effective than rockets and as for today more manuverable:cap_like:

The good news thought, Fighters make sense now. I can somehow protect the fleet and you better avoid them.:cap_viking:

Edit: By protecting the fleet I mean one ship only ofc. Since the fighter circle is so small that a cruiser is in and out before he even notice it.

Edit: Oh and I did use Rocket planes 10 Minutes in because my Torps and Bombers were out....^^ One attack at the time, fun fun times yeah :cap_haloween:

• Cool 11
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[GBONM]
Players
260 posts
5,190 battles

Oh crap i think i predicted this yesterday and people told me to shut up!

Ayayayaya.

Now we got some desaster. IJN CVs will have more fun to come!

• Cool 6

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
506 posts
3,090 battles

In an older naval warfare game CVs were also screwed up, but at least they gave you manual AA. I doubt whether WG can turn this RNG mess in okayish gameplay.

Players
181 posts
6,509 battles

I am new to the CVs and I played just one game random on the Ranger (some more in co-op first) and it was very difficult to hit anything. Spotting dds, yes, no problem. Surviving attacks only on isolated targets.

The fighters no idea what they were doing to be honest.

We won, but the whole team was raging against us in the chat.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,088 posts
30,982 battles

Yay!! :Smile_bajan2: .. Now I can play my DDs once again!! :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Players
1,780 posts
6,828 battles
3 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Yay!! :Smile_bajan2: .. Now I can play my DDs once again!! :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_trollface:

Yup, they simply had to do something like we all said.

They are destroying their own game and it had to change. There own "stats" were no doubt showing this. 

It shows that this re-work can not work.  That's just the way it is and nothing against WG (i know, even for me).

• Cool 8

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
31 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

I got wiped out by Cleveland AA before I could even see the Cleveland:cap_rambo:. Our own Massa had 75 plane kills .

Unless the Cleve was firing through island or from inside or behind a smoke you can see her the second her AA opens up. So either he positioned correctly against you or you’re trying to blame your lack of awareness on something other than you

And when enemy CV is so potato that he doesn’t get nether the part of “he wiped one of your squads = don’t attack him” nor the “use your keyboard” - there’s no surprise someone on your team gets a ton of plane kills

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
95 posts
460 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

Unless the Cleve was firing through island or from inside or behind a smoke you can see her the second her AA opens up. So either he positioned correctly against you or you’re trying to blame your lack of awareness on something other than you

And when enemy CV is so potato that he doesn’t get nether the part of “he wiped one of your squads = don’t attack him” nor the “use your keyboard” - there’s no surprise someone on your team gets a ton of plane kills

Yes, what I said, Cleveland AA open up then I see the ship while my planes go down in flames. We tried to long Torp the Cleveland and but he could easily avoid the Torps and before we could turn  to get out of the bubble the AA shot the rest of the planes down. To be fair thought I did sink a cruiser with one of the sweet sweet double Citdadel for 11.5 k but you almost always loose the rest of your Squad...third strikes are very rare. I'll rather fly out of the AA and send them back.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
840 posts
7,406 battles
10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

aa range of cleveland: 5.8 kms, arial spot for the cleve: 5.4 ( or 5.2?) he switch off the aa, when you are inside his aa range he activates his aa, possibly with def aa, your planes disappear ( especially cause you are probably on a "collision course" with him)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[YJKG]
Players
349 posts
17,496 battles

Too bad they don't offer an adequate refund for CVs; they obviously are being worse than EA and ActiBlizz and proud of it.

• Cool 1

[NFURS]
Beta Tester
64 posts
5,164 battles
11 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

aa range of cleveland: 5.8 kms, arial spot for the cleve: 5.4 ( or 5.2?) he switch off the aa, when you are inside his aa range he activates his aa, possibly with def aa, your planes disappear ( especially cause you are probably on a "collision course" with him)

Even if why is it supposed to be fair if he can spot your planes from 10 km and you can’t see him untill your squad is unable to perform an attack? 

[XODUS]
Players
778 posts
4,515 battles
11 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

Which is completely wrong because good players will keep their AA off, lure planes in and ambush them. 

AA cruisers having Air detection close to their AA (like stealth of 1-300 meters) that i feel is acceptable, but nearing 1 KM in the Minotaur's case is completely wrong. 

Players
4,350 posts
7,755 battles
12 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

Which is still extra dumb. Imagine DD being outspotted by cruisers, and not by gimmick button lasting 20-40s but permanently. With continuous unavoidable dps sprinked on top of that.

Players
1,780 posts
6,828 battles

Well at least you got further than you would have done with the old system :cap_popcorn:

Before they would evaporate at 7ishkm. 

• Funny 3

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
840 posts
7,406 battles
10 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Well at least you got further than you would have done with the old system :cap_popcorn:

Before they would evaporate at 7ishkm. 

Not really, to do that worcester should have been fully aa specced, and you found very few ones ( usually they spent the last 5 point in DE and  JOAT, i was one of the few bastards who put also aft) so they had 7.2 kms range, and mino had 8.6 kms aa, but the outer aura did only 150 dps, with the 7.2 kms aura dealing 500 dps, and both of them were aa spotted at 7.2 kms, BUT, before your planes could turn on a dyme and be out very fast, and a mino had "only" 700 dps at 7.2 kms with your planes having 2k hp each, now you have planes that have 2.2 k damage, and a mino that deals, with manual  aa, 3.8k dps ( hoping that no flak cloud spawn directly on your planes and deals 10-12k of damage), and you need 5-8 secs to be out of his medium aa. Aa ships are imho way more frightning now than they were before

• Cool 2

Players
777 posts
4,778 battles

I was happy with the initial rework. After the shock of dealing with the obvious lost power it was ok as being in the action was fun. But after this ever harder continuous hitting nerfs. No, it has lost all it's attractiveness it has litterally been nerfed into the ground.

Didn't they do this to artillery in WOT ? Never recovered either did it ? Do they even learn ?

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
53 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Which is still extra dumb. Imagine DD being outspotted by cruisers

Yes, imagine Cruisers beeing outspotted by BBs an.... oh wait.

• Funny 7

Players
4,350 posts
7,755 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Yes, imagine Cruisers beeing outspotted by BBs an.... oh wait.

Those cruisers who are outspotted by BBs are on average armored enough to shrug off BB sized munitions.

• Funny 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Those cruisers who are outspotted by BBs are on average armored enough to shrug off BB sized munitions.

Famous last words ;)

• Funny 1

Players
4,350 posts
7,755 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Famous last words ;)

There is difference between herp derp need more broadside and pointing bow roughly towards enemies when sneeki Conqueror is expected

[AXIS]
Players
697 posts
10,135 battles

cvs are already sh*t. nerf them even more? well whatever i won´t complain, i do not play them anymore.

so nerf them as much as you like wg.

• Cool 3

Players
777 posts
4,778 battles

-2 Karma for severy hampering my team in Operations.

The nerfs even hit harder there....was already almost unable to really help stop the bot waves before the stram of nerfing "hotfixes"....for that you need accuracy and damage !!