quickr

0.8.0.3 hotfix feedback

75 comments in this topic

Players
787 posts
14,861 battles

I saw the patch notes yesterday but didn't want to comment until I see it in action. There are some good but also terrible changes:

The good

Longer preparation time of attack (rocket) planes - Nice change for DDs. It's not as easy to strike them (quickly) anymore. As a CV you have to calculate your attack run sooner, you can't just engage them as they pop around the island or smoke. So yeah, this one is a good one.

Fighter planes reaction time - another nice change. They finally feel useful now. There is more of them and they create nice no fly zone for enemy planes, but cos they are weaker, ship AA shreds them easily and deny passive spotting. I like this one as well.

The bad

Midway torp bombers -They were anemic before, but now they are rendered completely useless. Raw dmg they do is around 2k per torp which is too low in my opinion and flooding...well, what flooding? In 4 games I got combined 2 or 3 floodings in total. Ridiculous. And considering how powerful AA is (you stealth buffed it, didn't you?) there is no (or rarely is) second run for torp bombers.

Reduced spotting - I'm not sure how to feel about it. I'm not a CV player so I welcome this change. It's much easier to avoid getting spoted by a CV. That's good right? But it makes me think... whats the role of a CV than? Dmg got nerfed to oblivion. Spotting is now being nerfed. What is the incentive to play a CV now?

edit: also, why is surface ship detection reduced inside storm but plane isn't? You fly into an AA before you spot a ship. Is this by design?

• Cool 6

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I really wonder why WG nerfed strike fighters with 5 nerfs at once so they become virtually ineffective. Why not nerf them with 1 nerf and then see if it is enough ??

They now reduced fighter spotting so you can't attack a DD when you see it, have to come around for it. I could live with that. Now they reduced fighter agility, the turns are as wide as that of bombers. This is hardly acceptible as you almost can't line up your fighters to agile evading DD then. But they also made fighters much weaker to AA....because of the huge turns they spend time in AA much too long and are just shot down. They made the aiming wider if you must correct aim, and with the rediculous huge turns and agile evading target you must......And on top of that they delayed being able to fire. So if you already after this 4 nerfs got the oppertunity to fire, you can't !!

But above all these 5 nerfs together utterly and completely ruiined fun play...this isn't enjoyable anymore. If you already attempt to make it work, it is in fact work, not enganging game play.

If this is supposed to be CV gameplay, for me it failed. And this while i was mostly positive after the rework.

• Cool 7

[TROLL]
Beta Tester
113 posts
5,202 battles
16 minutes ago, quickr said:

The bad

Midway torp bombers -They were anemic before, but now they are rendered completely useless. Raw dmg they do is around 2k per torp which is too low in my opinion and flooding...well, what flooding? In 4 games I got combined 2 or 3 floodings in total. Ridiculous. And considering how powerful AA is (you stealth buffed it, didn't you?) there is no (or rarely is) second run for torp bombers.

Reduced spotting - I'm not sure how to feel about it. I'm not a CV player so I welcome this change. It's much easier to avoid getting spoted by a CV. That's good right? But it makes me think... whats the role of a CV than? Dmg got nerfed to oblivion. Spotting is now being nerfed. What is the incentive to play a CV now?

@quickr Agreed. the dmg on Midways torp bomber were never the problem and imo they should have buffed the torp alpha now that the flood mechanic is getting changed. Oh yes i could get 200k+ dmg games before this hot fix #3 but that was mainly because of the Flooding and fire dmg not the raw dmg from torps. The amount of planes you actually sacrfice in order to strike a regular CA or BB is ridiculous compared to the dmg you do to them. And with the reworked flooding its going to be worse.

Question to WG: What do you want us to do now? You nerfed Haku into unplayable and now you just made the Midway torps which actually made the Midway to be a threat on the battlefield... You introduce this rework and expect new people to enjoy this or older CV players to enjoy this.. The dmg is so mediocre now BECAUSE the AA shreds the planes. 

- Yes i know you are in the process of balancing the general gameplay 

- Yes i know you are working on the CV as a class compared to the others. 

- Yes i did read the patch notes/future plan which actually stated that you are not Individually balancing.. oh but this is what it seems like to me?

The new flood change would have been enough if you have the stats that show Midway doing too much dmg. Its all because we can force out a DCP and get double fires or a flood at the target.

Which basicly isnt going to be that impactfull after 0.8.1 which reworks the flooding. And i dont the the majority of CV players do this.

Is it because you dont want the good players to actually do 200k+ because there is a big skill gap here? I mean, no matter how much you try, there will allways be a skill gap here. Right now it isnt where you control your planes or skills its actually if  we can manage to use the DCP downtime of BBs to get that dmg. 

Sure i can get 200k+ mdg but alot of it isnt meaningfull dmg, its just BB hp farm.

I have nothing against a strong AA mechanic, but you keep nerf CV`s to the ground. I wonder if you just want the CV to do. Because what matters in a match of WoWS is the ability to do dmg. 

@MrConway

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I am losing massive amount of credits too, playing CV after this change.

Although that happens after each hotfix, i don't know i i can recover from this. The only aircraft that could give me a decent score in T IX-X matches were the strike fighters.....

• Cool 1

[TROLL]
Beta Tester
113 posts
5,202 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I am losing massive amount of credits too, playing CV after this change.

Although that happens after each hotfix, i don't know i i can recover from this. The only aircraft that could give me a decent score in T IX-X matches were the strike fighters.....

Ive been positive for a while and i have patience and understanding that balancing takes time.. But they hit the nerf bat so hard it gives me the impression they dont know what they want to do with the CV...

I am starting to think this rework should have been shuffled back to a test server.... I mean, were they actually playing the Test version with how the Haku were?  Why nerf the dmg now when the flooding rework comes next patch? 

• Cool 3

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
10 minutes ago, UltraViking said:

Ive been positive for a while and i have patience and understanding that balancing takes time.. But they hit the nerf bat so hard it gives me the impression they dont know what they want to do with the CV...

I am starting to think this rework should have been shuffled back to a test server.... I mean, were they actually playing the Test version with how the Haku were?  Why nerf the dmg now when the flooding rework comes next patch? 

Well whatever i may or may not think, i can't lose so much credits with premium account so i must stop playing CV if i can't adapt to too much nerfing.

If i would not have had premium account i would not have lost 200 K but 500 K or more. Im' not playing to lose credits...with Tier 7 as the bulk of my fleet i need credits really hard !

Oh and 1 detail : i won ( being carried by others obviously, my Karma dropped 2 too ) 2 out of 3 games, and still came up -30 to -60K credits per match !!

• Cool 1

Players
2,933 posts
8,410 battles

Wow, even die-hard Pro re-work chaps are complaining about this one. :cap_popcorn:

I never had any faith in WG sorting the re-work out. God that sounds pessimistic.

They cant even damage ships to the extent of the other classes. 

• Cool 3

[TROLL]
Beta Tester
113 posts
5,202 battles
20 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Wow, even die-hard Pro re-work chaps are complaining about this one. :cap_popcorn:

I never had any faith in WG sorting the re-work out. God that sounds pessimistic.

Well i think its a good thing they try to deal with the Attack planes vs DD`s. I think this hotfix make their lives alot better. Its just the whole thing.. they keep nerfing and nerfing. I have other ships i can play, but if the CV is completely useless, everyone is going to whine because that ship lineup spot could have been a ship that contributed alot more.  

Its important to criticize in a constructive way so they can take us seriously.  

I do hope by 0.8.4 that the game is alot balanced for all classes. I play most of the classes and want them to get this right. 

They hype the CV rework so much and want players to play them... but they keep nerfing them into oblivion... not logical to me.. its nerfed beyond balancing.

• Cool 1

Players
2,933 posts
8,410 battles
1 minute ago, UltraViking said:

Well i think its a good thing they try to deal with the Attack planes vs DD`s. I think this hotfix make their lives alot better. Its just the whole thing.. they keep nerfing and nerfing. I have other ships i can play, but if the CV is completely useless, everyone is going to whine because that ship lineup spot could have been a ship that contributed alot more.  

Its important to criticize in a constructive way so they can take us seriously.  

I do hope by 0.8.4 that the game is alot balanced for all classes. I play most of the classes and want them to get this right. 

They hype the CV rework so much and want players to play them... but they keep nerfing them into oblivion... not logical to me.. its nerfed beyond balancing.

Yet you still have faith in them?  I admire that.

And when 0.8.4 tips up, then the next patch, then the next patch....When does it end? When do you start to lose faith in them fixing something that isn't fixable?

Remember they never managed to fix the old CV's.. in 5 years. 

Not a dig mate, just curious about people thresholds.

They brought out an alpha and basically told us to test it.  That is wrong on so many levels.  They have had 3 attempts to fix it, and they have made it worse. I mean really? 

But i do agree with the DD's, they needed a break from being perma spotted. 

Right now, i can do FAR better in any other class then the CV.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
37 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

No they can't.....but if you work yourself to exhausion and have the luck to not operate against +2 tier you can get an average score out of it......but look how rewarding that is...

WG1.jpg

WG2.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
2,933 posts
8,410 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

No they can't.....but if you work yourself to exhausion and have the luck to not operate against +2 tier you can get an average score out of it......but look how rewarding that is...

WG1.jpg

WG2.jpg

So much for a relaxing game. Lol

People wont play them.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TROLL]
Beta Tester
113 posts
5,202 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

No they can't.....and if you work yourself to exhausion you can get an average score out of it......but look how rewarding that is...

WG1.jpg

WG2.jpg

@MrConway This has got to be a bug. can you check this ?  dont tell me this is working as intended because these pictures proves there are something blatantly wrong here.

@Redcap375 You are  right, my patience is probably alot bigger than most people. But im starting to figure out that this rework should have been 2 more months on the test server. The obvious things im talking about was reported on when we tested the CV`s on the round1,2 and 3.  now they nerf so hard it gives the impression they dont want us to play. Maybe they are in such a hurry that alot bugs and errors are being made (ref pic above)

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
5,266 posts
10,555 battles
16 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Are you sure this hasn't been always like that? Im just doublechecking some bad games i had on lex and the credit values are pretty low, too

21-02-_2019_12-26-55.jpg21-02-_2019_12-26-23.jpg

Players
787 posts
14,861 battles

Guys, losing credits on High tier without premiums is not a new thing. It's been there for ages. :Smile_facepalm:

Besides, that's not the main issue here nor the topic.

Players
65 posts
3,829 battles

Played T8 Enterprise today after the patch. The nerf on attack aircraft is hard, I wasn't able to land very good salvo on 4 matchs, also it seems that there are some bugs with the aim, got 2 salvos completly off when they were in fact well aimed. They might have wanted only to buff air concealment first and nerf something else on attack aircraft. But that much nerf at once made them worse than torpedo bombers to hunt DDs.

So speaking of the torpedo bombers on Enterprise, they are a lot better now, basically the same than on Lexi, easier to aim and to land torps. I got 2 DDs with torps this morning on 4 games somehow. Maybe a bit more damage or speed on the torps would make them better, but it seems that we aren't headed this way with the Midway nerf.

Dive bombers are a bit more enjoyable with the HP buff, but still, I lose almost half of them when I carry an attack.

Tbf my experience today was pretty awful with Enterprise, and I might sell her if nothing is done in a month...

None of my games were above 80k damage today, while during 8.0.2 I was closer to that (78K average, which is bascially what I aim for at T8)

• Cool 2

Players
670 posts
7,810 battles

I was against CVs. So much that I decided to start playing them just to see and to be more open minded.

Boy it is hard to do some damage today!

• Cool 3

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
2 hours ago, quickr said:

Guys, losing credits on High tier without premiums is not a new thing. It's been there for ages. :Smile_facepalm:

Look again.....i did comparable damage to other well performing ships in a tier 7-8 match, while i was T8 and damage/accuracy nerfed to kingdom come.  And we won !! :Smile_facepalm:

Should that result in minus credits ?? At tier 8 ????? WITH premium account so i am paying WG not being cheap ??????

If this is the case i will sell any T8 and never try progress further. In fact that might make me stop playing the game if i get bored of endlessly using the same T6 over and over.

• Cool 3

[TROLL]
Beta Tester
113 posts
5,202 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

Look again.....i did comparable damage to other ships in a tier IX match, while i was T8 and damage/accuracy nerfed to kingdom come.  And we won !!

Should that result in minus credits ?? At tier 8 ????? WITH premium account so i am paying WG not being cheap ??????

If this is the case i will sell any T8 and never try progress further. In fact that might make me stop playing the game if i get bored of endlessly using the same T6 over and over.

Obviously a bug

Players
430 posts
13,288 battles
2 hours ago, quickr said:

No,... up till T8 even in a loss, if you played decent (being on average Score in the endscreen of your team) you should not have to fear negative income. And on T10 at least in a win with a decent game you should be able to stay positive, even without premium. Otherwise you don't have the content, e.g. F2P Players to be your Human AI you wanna play against, when you pay for your entertainment every evening.

:Smile_facepalm:

[SQRL]
Players
313 posts
12,696 battles

Still seem to spotted constantly, tier 8 DD against a tier 10 CV sucks badly - although getting dive bombed instead of rockets! Back to ranked then....

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
787 posts
14,861 battles
12 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Look again.....i did comparable damage to other well performing ships

First of all Where is the detailed report screen? I don't see it. Secondly, do you understand how economic works? Doing 10k dmg to BB is not the same as doing 10k to a DD. It's not the raw dmg that counts but percentage damage.

Lastly, you were a tier 8 in a tier 8 MM, you need to do a lot to break even as you are top dog, big kahuna. Doing 60k dmg for example in a tier 8 against tier 8 or lower is not the same as doing 60k dmg in a tier 8 against tier 10.

10 minutes ago, Kuritaclan said:

No,... up till T8 even in a loss, if you played decent (being on average Score in the endscreen of your team) you should not have to fear negative income. And on T10 at least in a win with a decent game you should be able to stay positive, even without premium. Otherwise you don't have the content, e.g. F2P Players to be your Human AI you wanna play against, when you pay for your entertainment every evening.

:Smile_facepalm:

Oh wow... ok... Loosing credits past tier 8 is by design. It's to force people to either 1) play low tier and earn credits so they can keep playing high tier or 2) buy premium account and/or premium ships. It has always been this way in WG titles. After all it's F2P game, you didn't have to pay 50€ before installing it, you can play it for free till the end of days. But you won't be able to glide your way into tier 10 credit-wise.

Players
430 posts
13,288 battles
3 minutes ago, quickr said:

Oh wow... ok... Loosing credits past tier 8 is by design. It's to force people to either 1) play low tier and earn credits so they can keep playing high tier or 2) buy premium account and/or premium ships. It has always been this way in WG titles. After all it's F2P game, you didn't have to pay 50€ before installing it, you can play it for free till the end of days. But you won't be able to glide your way into tier 10 credit-wise.

That is not true at all, sure it is that way in world of tanks, but in this title they had so far somewhat a balanced income even up into the top tier levels. Sure you lost something when you derped or your team doesn't win, but you equaled that with good wins. However you won't accumulating any meaningfull credits when playing high tier. So if you wanna by new ships/upgrades etc you had to farm the credits on low tier as of now. Premium time in wows is thankfully more of a boost P2Progress not so much P2Play. If they would do the later i guess a part of the player base will soon disappear.

[BITAM]
Players
26 posts
5,782 battles

1. the fact they at last made fighter useful seems really good! i can see that they are doing the job they were supposed to!!

2. Why the hell did they nerf midway so much along with the attack plane nerfs? its not like it was overpowered or something...

i felt very lucky and had to struggle a little bit before , to even make a good play of around 110k dmg (used to do 200k in RTS). Now its getting worse and worse. 

Felt like i had to struggle even for just 50k dmg

Players
174 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, Klania sagte:

1. the fact they at last made fighter useful seems really good! i can see that they are doing the job they were supposed to!!

Does this belong to ship based fighters to?

Because they were quite useless from 0.8.0.0 to 0.8.0.2