You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Bug? CV can summon fighters even after ship death!

6 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,187 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

I just had game when our lone BB killed enemy CV while CV still had in the air full TB squadron. Enemy CV then used TB squadron for spotting for several minutes of the game (i.e. until all TB planes were shoot down) but before last plane killed he summoned his fighter to even further prolong the spotting of our ships...

Leo "Apollo11"

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,351 posts
11,263 battles
27 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I just had game when our lone BB killed enemy CV while CV still had in the air full TB squadron. Enemy CV then used TB squadron for spotting for several minutes of the game (i.e. until all TB planes were shoot down) but before last plane killed he summoned his fighter to even further prolong the spotting of our ships...

Leo "Apollo11"

The status of the summoned fighters (other than that they are really printed battle-ready in the on-board 3D printers inside the strike planes :Smile_trollface:) isn't certain. They don't come from the carrier, after all. They appear with dealy but that delay doesn't seem to depend on the distance to carrier. It's like they kinda are with your squadron all the time... only don't do a thing until you call them. After which they circle aimplessly eating AA fire, clearly what you called them down for! :Smile_teethhappy:

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be any solid reason why the consumable should be unavailable (since there's no direct indication of them really coming from there) and I don't think there was ever any mention about it being unavailable with a dead carrier. So... I'd say it's working as intended.

• Funny 1

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
35 posts
6,471 battles
29 minutes ago, eliastion said:

The status of the summoned fighters (other than that they are really printed battle-ready in the on-board 3D printers inside the strike planes :Smile_trollface:) isn't certain. They don't come from the carrier, after all. They appear with dealy but that delay doesn't seem to depend on the distance to carrier. It's like they kinda are with your squadron all the time... only don't do a thing until you call them. After which they circle aimplessly eating AA fire, clearly what you called them down for! :Smile_teethhappy:

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be any solid reason why the consumable should be unavailable (since there's no direct indication of them really coming from there) and I don't think there was ever any mention about it being unavailable with a dead carrier. So... I'd say it's working as intended.

As long as a BB can summon 6 squadrons of 5 fighter planes, i dont see a bug either :-]

But i am rather interested why Leo even started this topic. Over the years, he seemed to me as smart enough to know basic stuff. I refuse to believe that he though this was a bug.

Players
4,085 posts
6,232 battles
3 minutes ago, Contrador said:

As long as a BB can summon 6 squadrons of 5 fighter planes, i dont see a bug either :-]

The fighter planes from the RTS CVs had to find a new home somewhere!

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
761 posts
4,756 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I saw this happen too, from the position of my own sunk CV. Only the bow was above water gliding down when it auto launched fighters. These killed an enemy squadron going after a DD that tried to protect me.

I think it must be a bug. But a useful one :-)

[SSA]
Players
686 posts
16,813 battles

After death, the CV retains control of the current squad for ~3min (or till they are used up),

which includes the use of any of the squads consumables e.g. Fighters.

What should not happen is the ship itself using it's inbuilt fighter consumable.