Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Expresso_

Teamkill penalty

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SWD]
Players
4 posts
1,386 battles

Just had a Power cut and got disconnected from a battle about to start. 

When I got back in game my ship was not available because it was in a battle, when the battle finished I got my ship back and a reward for being inactive in the game.

 

Really a Teamkill penalty for a power cut.

Come on sort this out its bad enough having to fight most battle in a tier8 against tier10.

Not only that 5 tier10 BB, 2 tier10 CV am I the only one in a teir8 seems crap most of my battles are against tier10. 

 

about time you reduced the amount of BB's & CV's in battles.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,353 posts
6,233 battles

Its not like anything happened... you are pink for 2 games. Play the games like you normaly would and everything will be back to normal :cap_old:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PN]
Players
255 posts
3,108 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Its not like anything happened.

 

Take a Hermelin and enjoy a CooP (or two for that matter)

 

Regards

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,319 posts
12,370 battles
22 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Take a Hermelin and enjoy a CooP (or two for that matter)

No. Take a tier 6+ ship and do missions in CooP (like secondary battery hits or else).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
84 posts
911 battles

Maybe the team sending in 'afk' reports, but seriously, a forum post was worth it for a slight screw up over one battle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,821 posts
6,919 battles
4 hours ago, Expresso_ said:

Just had a Power cut and got disconnected from a battle about to start. 

When I got back in game my ship was not available because it was in a battle, when the battle finished I got my ship back and a reward for being inactive in the game.

 

Really a Teamkill penalty for a power cut.

Pink is a WARNING not a penalty.

 

And look at it this way - were you AFK in that battle (completely regardless of why)? Answer is: yes. Hence the warning you were issued

 

How is WG supposed to know if you spilled water on your PC, had a power cut or decided to quit because you didn't like the MM? They can't, hence it's the result of being AFk that's "punished", not the reason behind it

 

46 minutes ago, 250swb said:

Maybe the team sending in 'afk' reports

Those are useless, they do nothing

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,216 battles
22 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Pink is a WARNING not a penalty.

 

And look at it this way - were you AFK in that battle (completely regardless of why)? Answer is: yes. Hence the warning you were issued

 

How is WG supposed to know if you spilled water on your PC, had a power cut or decided to quit because you didn't like the MM? They can't, hence it's the result of being AFk that's "punished", not the reason behind it

 

Those are useless, they do nothing

lol man, getting pink  IT IS an penalty,  stop making dumb statements ! You have enough games under your belt to remember the fact BEFORE you get pink, you receive an warning - exactly with that title:"warning issued to the player x for ...etc" ;  More warnings in an determinate period of time lead to a penalty - pink.

More, if you check on "details" you can see clearly there the message "x games until the PENALTY is lifted".

Now to the OP question - problem its not new,  you get the same "punishment" not necessary by a power cut, but even if simply your ISP provider fail (net cut) or even game crash - CTD.

The game cant tell the difference between an deliberate, forced "exit" like Alt + F4 or a genuine accident : by power cut, internet fail, etc.

To prevent abuses, the devs decided to let the things like they are ; Like other guys wrote here, its not big deal, aside you loose a camo, some flags and some credits... Go in co-op 15 min,  and all its solved. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,821 posts
6,919 battles
5 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

lol man, getting pink  IT IS an penalty,  stop making dumb statements ! You have enough games under your belt to remember the fact BEFORE you get pink, you receive an warning - exactly with that title:"warning issued to the player x for ...etc" ;  More warnings in an determinate period of time lead to a penalty - pink.

:fish_palm:

 

There is no warning before pink as pink is the warning. And uou are issued pink status with 1st offense, not “mulyiple warnings later” as you seem to think. And how are you penalised for being pink?

 

Penalty is becoming ORANGE. That’s when you are locked to Co-Op.

 

5 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

More, if you check on "details" you can see clearly there the message "x games until the PENALTY is lifted".

Because there couldn’t be a case of weak / slightly wrong wording, could there? :fish_palm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
1,305 posts
14,648 battles

Wait how were you not been able to return to the battle? Even if your ship was sunk in the meanwhile you can still enter the battle if its still in progress in fact you cant stop that and are pulled back in after you reconnect, only instance you dont get put back in battle and get pink for the disconnect is when it had ended in the meanwhile and its not the teamkill penalty

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
15 hours ago, Expresso_ said:

Really a Teamkill penalty for a power cut.

There's no way that WG can figure out why you were AFK. It can be lots of reasons. Also being pink is not a great deal. Only 2 games withoud damaging (you are allowed to do slight damage, as I've been pink two weeks ago and was involved with a friendly ram and that not affected the pink status) friends or not being afk. And you can do this on coop, so in 10 minutes or less you are on "normal" status again.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
619 posts

So, when did u go pink from being afk in 1 Battle?

I thought u needed a few times being afk to be warned With pink color?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
6,280 battles

I've had several cases where I DC'd and my connection was so bad I didn't even bother going back into the match. 

 

I assume that I was turned pink, but I never get to see it as when I return to the game the next day or so I get the "The penalty was lifted for behaving" message. 

 

I've also had a couple of cases where I've had mishaps with my Torps and turned pink for a couple of games. Rather than play co-op I prefer to play IJN DDs to worry my own team. It keeps them on their toes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
Just now, SirAmra said:

So, when did u go pink from being afk in 1 Battle?

I thought u needed a few times being afk to be warned With pink color?

In my experience, I usually get a penalty that however gets lifted when I log on again. For whatever reason.

 

In general, while it's not what we should aim for, I'll never get why people make a fuss about becoming pink. Literally the sole penalty you really get (if you play normal) is you get the full damage in a collision with a team mate. People argue about this and ask for changes to the automated warning system as if pink made the game unplayable.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
619 posts
14 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

In my experience, I usually get a penalty that however gets lifted when I log on again. For whatever reason.

 

In general, while it's not what we should aim for, I'll never get why people make a fuss about becoming pink. Literally the sole penalty you really get (if you play normal) is you get the full damage in a collision with a team mate. People argue about this and ask for changes to the automated warning system as if pink made the game unplayable.

My point was that this isn't a one time occurence. I've had DCs and not getting penalized for it....cause it is rare.

And usually when players make these threads there are more to it than what they say/claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,500 posts
15,364 battles
18 hours ago, Saltface said:

 

Take a Hermelin and enjoy a CooP (or two for that matter)

 

Regards

Hermelin..... Blackswan all the way baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,500 posts
15,364 battles
7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

:fish_palm:

 

There is no warning before pink as pink is the warning. And uou are issued pink status with 1st offense, not “mulyiple warnings later” as you seem to think. And how are you penalised for being pink?

 

Penalty is becoming ORANGE. That’s when you are locked to Co-Op.

 

Because there couldn’t be a case of weak / slightly wrong wording, could there? :fish_palm:

Thats a little wrong.. he means the in match warning when you hit a friendly or collision damage..

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,268 battles
22 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Don't they also lower karma?

 

That assumes you have karma to be lowered. Try playing some CV's or entering the salty seas of ranked. Problem solved. No karma to be lost. :cap_haloween: 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,022 posts
7,137 battles
5 minutes ago, Armorin said:

 

That assumes you have karma to be lowered. Try playing some CV's or entering the salty seas of ranked. Problem solved. No karma to be lost. :cap_haloween: 

I assume there to be the possibility of retraction of karma, as I was wondering if Wilkatis meant that it did nothing in the sense of getting someone chat banned or anything or that it did nothing in the sense that it literally did nothing (also not lowering karma).

 

I was under the assumtion that negrepping for afk did at least lower karma. As I'm not sure, I asked Wilkatis if he could inform me about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,268 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I assume there to be the possibility of retraction of karma, as I was wondering if Wilkatis meant that it did nothing in the sense of getting someone chat banned or anything or that it did nothing in the sense that it literally did nothing (also not lowering karma).

 

I was under the assumtion that negrepping for afk did at least lower karma. As I'm not sure, I asked Wilkatis if he could inform me about it.

 

If you have karma, then any report will lower it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,022 posts
7,137 battles
1 minute ago, Armorin said:

 

If you have karma, then any report will lower it.

Thanks. And if this is the case, then reporting someone for AFK does in fact do something. The only questions are: Is the negrep having any actual effect? (if it's already 0 it won't do anything) and does the negrepped person case about karma at all? (if not then obviously it wil do nothing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SWD]
Players
4 posts
1,386 battles

Like I said before  the battle was loading I got cut off during the loading screen because of the power cut, soon as I got power back I reloaded wow logged into my account, which then put me in the main dock screen ready to select a ship or a  different battle. I didn't get put back into the battle but my ship was in the battle and not available to use due to it being in battle without me. ( it did not put me back in the battle)

 

At the end of the battle I got a penalty yes its only 3 battles as pink not a problem, yes I can go fight in random or co-op or what ever I wish to do. That is not the issue, The issue is being given a penalty for something not in my control.

 

I would also say that wow would know if you quit the battle early  or got disconnected or had a power outage. They have lots of tools at hand to check things.

 

I have also been disconnected before with a power cut, or the isp going down, but soon as I got power back or internet connection back and reloaded wow I was put back into battle. 

 

The system did not put me back in to the battle but gave me a penalty.  That's the issue.

 

Not sure about karma didn't even check it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,821 posts
6,919 battles
3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Don't they also lower karma?

Well, yes, but Karma iself is completely useless :Smile_veryhappy:

 

Also 0 Karma masterrace, can’t lose what you don’t have :Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,022 posts
7,137 battles
56 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Well, yes, but Karma iself is completely useless :Smile_veryhappy:

 

Also 0 Karma masterrace, can’t lose what you don’t have :Smile_trollface:

 

My 123 karma is precisiousous to me :Smile_ohmy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
84 posts
911 battles
1 hour ago, Expresso_ said:

 

I would also say that wow would know if you quit the battle early  or got disconnected or had a power outage. They have lots of tools at hand to check things.

 

 

If it was that easy you'd have the situation where if a player didn't like the match up they'd just switch off and abuse the system.

 

I imagine the system works similar to WoT, if you go afk for any reason the reports accumulate and if you are afk often enough over a short period of time the player gets a warning and then a ban. Usually it's about the internet going down but it's the players responsibility to have a good connection. Actual power cuts in your case are more difficult especially if it's a region wide cut, but if it's your own fuse box tripping then it comes back to being your responsibility to fix before pressing 'Battle'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×