Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronchabale

Too many carriers at low tier

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles

Just about every time I join a game in a tier 4 ship there is 2 carriers per team

How do WG think they will get new players when low tier gameplay is all about dodging planes in ships with literally no AA ?

Why not reduce number of carriers per team at low tier

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles

So far today 2-1-2-1-2 

Gonna play ten battles and see if I get one without

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles

Low tiers (t4 in particular) always had lots of CVs, even before the rework

 

And as it is right now... There's a good chance CVs right now can actually do far less than they could previously. Imho at t4 it's really not a problem

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles
11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Low tiers (t4 in particular) always had lots of CVs, even before the rework

 

And as it is right now... There's a good chance CVs right now can actually do far less than they could previously. Imho at t4 it's really not a problem

Not a problem for an experienced player but for a new player it may be an issue and put them off.

It is supposed to be "World of Warships"..

From the historical point of view its very "off" too,  I dont think the dreadnoughts ever saw much carrier attacks.. 

In my opinion they need to reduce the frequency.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles
4 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

In my opinion they need to reduce the frequency.

 

So if someone wants to play CV, he cant press "battle" with the notification: "Sorry, there have been too many games with CVs today, please try again tomorrow" :cap_haloween:

But seriously, if people want to play CVs, you cant stop them from doing so, and MM has to put them somewhere.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-5D4-]
[-5D4-]
Beta Tester
211 posts
3,171 battles

Its worth noting that tier 4 cv's do hardly any damage to anyone. Likewise, unless you are in an Arkansas beta, you`ll likely be shredding planes with whatever your ship is calling AA, large or small. Basically, just ignore the carriers and you`ll probably be just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,957 posts
11,194 battles
21 minutes ago, Silvercat18 said:

Its worth noting that tier 4 cv's do hardly any damage to anyone. Likewise, unless you are in an Arkansas beta, you`ll likely be shredding planes with whatever your ship is calling AA, large or small. Basically, just ignore the carriers and you`ll probably be just fine.

Yepp

image.thumb.png.b03d56bbdd10733ef8f05d551716d8fb.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190216/eu_week/average_ship.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles

Yeah, they dont do much damage, I know that but my point is that amount in low tiers at the moment may put new players off.

There seems to be way more than evere before the CV "rework"

So far today 2-1-2-1-2-2-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BPL]
Players
38 posts
1,888 battles

Well, so if 2 Carriers per team is not really that great...

I wonder what it would be if there were more, like 4 Carriers per team..? :Smile_playing::Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles

Ok, done

10 battles

Not a single battle without carriers

5 with 2 per side 

5 with 1 per side

If it had been like this when I started playing the game I would never have stuck with WOWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,483 posts
9,790 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

Ok, done

10 battles

Not a single battle without carriers

5 with 2 per side 

5 with 1 per side

If it had been like this when I started playing the game I would never have stuck with WOWS

 

Then I wonder when you started, because low tiers were always more plentiful with CVs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,788 battles

I tried finishing as top player in my Hosho in coop. Couldnt do it, gave up :)

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles
5 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

 

Then I wonder when you started, because low tiers were always more plentiful with CVs.

Never every battle..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,483 posts
9,790 battles
Just now, Ronchabale said:

Never every battle..

 

So you claim.

 

But even then.. so what? Why would it be better to only face CVs later when they're far more powerful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles
5 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I tried finishing as top player in my Hosho in coop. Couldnt do it, gave up :)

I never said they are any good,  they are a problem for new players

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,224 posts
14,454 battles

Here is a better question:

What are YOU doing in low tiers? Do you think new players want to keep playing when you go sealclubbing?

Why not ban you from playing ships like Nikolai for the sake of new players since you seem oh so concerned for them?

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles
Just now, AgarwaenME said:

 

So you claim.

 

But even then.. so what? Why would it be better to only face CVs later when they're far more powerful?

So I claim.. test it for urself, play ten games in tier 4 and look how it goes for the obvious newbs in their naked ships

I am just saying that there are too many in low tiers, would even be better to make the a bit more powerful if there were less of them.

Every game... 2 per side in 5 out of ten games,  1 per side in the rest, so much for being a stealthy DD, and some CL:s just cant protect themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Here is a better question:

What are YOU doing in low tiers? Do you think new players want to keep playing when you go sealclubbing?

Why not ban you from playing ships like Nikolai for the sake of new players since you seem oh so concerned for them?

I have tier 4 ships, so I play them, what of it ? 

How will the game look to new players if they are pinyatas every game ?

Ban me.. are u insane ?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,483 posts
9,790 battles
4 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

So I claim.. test it for urself, play ten games in tier 4 and look how it goes for the obvious newbs in their naked ships

I am just saying that there are too many in low tiers, would even be better to make the a bit more powerful if there were less of them.

Every game... 2 per side in 5 out of ten games,  1 per side in the rest, so much for being a stealthy DD, and some CL:s just cant protect themselves

 

You made a claim about CV numbers before.. you can't go "test" that.

 

Also, 10 battles is a worthless sample size.

 

And in t4-5 (just like before) you barely need AAA since just WASD can negate most damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,224 posts
14,454 battles
6 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Ban me.. are u insane ?

 

You obviously want a class limited for the sake of new players. Guess what else is supposedly driving new players away? Sealclubbers. Thus preventing you and anyone else from clubbing seals will help WoWs retain new players.

And being a pinata for a CV is not okay, but being a pinata for an experienced Nikolai player with a high level captain is? Do you really fail to see the blatant hypocrisy you're displaying here?

 

I'm oh so shocked seeing that you don't agree despite caring so much for new players. /s

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

You obviously want a class limited for the sake of new players. Guess what else is supposedly driving new players away? Sealclubbers. Thus preventing you and anyone else from clubbing seals will help WoWs retain new players.

And being a pinata for a CV is not okay, but being a pinata for an experienced Nikolai player with a high level captain is? Do you really fail to see the blatant hypocrisy you're displaying here?

 

I'm oh so shocked seeing that you don't agree despite caring so much for new players. /s

U can have 4 BB:s or 4 DD:s.. Why not 4 carriers

Dont u have the Nikolai ?  

I played it twice today 

3 in the myogi

3 in the kaiser

2 in the Orion

Oh yes and my internet timed me out three times..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

dayum... and also lolz at this being almost perfectly sorted by class, with only Iwaki Alpha, Shenyang and Danae as the true combo breakers :Smile_teethhappy:

Offtopic: While Iwaki most likely has very low playerbase and thus stats are to be taken careful, Shenyang and Danae should be looked into imo.

 

About the damage of CVs: They are slightly above DDs and right on the heel of Cruisers. Their spotting damage is outstanding tho. I can picture, that WG is looking at numbers like these and conclude "mission accomplished". I personally would love to see their spotting reduced and give them more potential do deal damage. But if WGs goal is/was to create a class, that is competing with DDs at what they are suppose to do, they are pretty much there... You could even say: the CVs are doing it better atm (with the exepction of contesting objectives (strike that, el2aZer is doing that better then a DD already :Smile_hiding:)) and there you have the explanation, why WG is rather nerfing the class then buffing it atm.

 

1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

U can have 4 BB:s or 4 DD:s.. Why not 4 carriers

Dont u have the Nikolai ?  

I played it twice today 

3 in the myogi

3 in the kaiser

2 in the Orion

 

You are missing the point tho. There shouldnt be a problem with any class participating in every battle. Im 100% sure that WG wants to create such a balance, that they have to restrict as little as possible and have all classes played regulary across all tiers. Thats also directly what they´ve said, when they presented their goals for the rework (make CVs more attractive - have CVs in every battle). So from that point - they succeeded. Their damage on the low tiers is, as we see from the numbers, very limited aswell. So what exactly is the point here? You talk about "doding planes". But players have to dodge DDs torps aswell as shots from Cruisers and BBs. So there is no difference? Why is the one responsible for scaring people away while the other isnt, in your opinion? If someone gets constantly deleted, because he plays bad and quits the game, I dont think it matters if he gets killed from DD torps, CV torps or BB AP. And seriously, looking at T4 atm, its much more likely, that you will be deleted from DD Torps or BB AP than anything else. Need that damage chart again... it would support my claim.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,230 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

 

You are missing the point tho. There shouldnt be a problem with any class participating in every battle. Im 100% sure that WG wants to create such a balance, that they have to restrict as little as possible and have all classes played regulary across all tiers. Thats also directly what they´ve said, when they presented their goals for the rework (make CVs more attractive - have CVs in every battle). So from that point - they succeeded. Their damage on the low tiers is, as we see from the numbers, very limited aswell. So what exactly is the point here? You talk about "doding planes". But players have to dodge DDs torps aswell as shots from Cruisers and BBs. So there is no difference? Why is the one responsible for scaring people away while the other isnt, in your opinion? If someone gets constantly deleted, because he plays bad and quits the game, I dont think it matters if he gets killed from DD torps, CV torps or BB AP. And seriously, looking at T4 atm, its much more likely, that you will be deleted from DD Torps or BB AP than anything else. Need that damage chart again... it would support my claim.

 

 

My intenet goes up and down, some days I have several disconnects, if I am having a bad day I dont play high tiers, so every now and again I am at tier 4-5, for the same reason i dont play ranked or have not joined a clan, its just doesnt work.

Have noted that there seemd to be even more CV:s in low tiers than before so that is why i did my "test" I started playing this in Aug 17, I dont remember seeing that many back then.

This may well be due to many new CV players trying out the reworked class .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×