Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yoshanai

IjN CVs are dead after rocket nerf

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles

See title.

 

Rockets were the only means for IJN CV to defend themselves against DDs. Now those will be totally useless.

And since the torpedos are really bad for striking mostly anything, how can you even drean of hitting DDs who know how to dodge torps?

 

Also ap divebombers against DDs totally garbage.

 

You got what you wanted now DDs! You are half way to being totally immune to CV strikes ;)

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
Just now, Zuihou25 said:

Now those will be totally useless.

and you know this from your excessive amounts of playing CVs and striking DDs with these changes in place, of course. Oh wait.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ATAC]
Players
2,237 posts
8,133 battles
22 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

You got what you wanted now DDs! You are half way to being totally immune to CV strikes ;)

Stick close to cruisers. Teamplay is the key! 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Der_Naschfuchs sagte:

Stick close to cruisers. Teamplay is the key! 

I deserve that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,045 posts
7,579 battles
1 minute ago, Der_Naschfuchs said:

Stick close to cruisers. Teamplay is the key! 

 

Then what's the point in playing?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
3,562 posts
9,193 battles
20 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Rockets were the only means for IJN CV to defend themselves against DDs. Now those will be totally useless.

Do we have hard numbers yet for the degree to which rocket planes are being nerfed (besides the indirect 20%, I think, reduction in air spotting distances)?

 

Based on playing T6 silver, and T8 premium, the existing rocket planes were extremely easy to use (they're about the only plane type I can get consistent hits with so far, albeit in coop/ops).

 

Based on the games I've been playing since the rework, which have been almost entirely in DDs with good AA, rocket planes weren't a hugely effective defence for CVs anyway - if the DD can get past the opposition screen of DDs/cruisers/BBs that is. The most effective defence for a CV against a DD will probably still be to spot the bugger (and let team-mates reduce him to smoking boots), and since Sixth Sense is remaining, that should still be very doable.

 

Presumably though, if this nerf turns out to be too much, the pendulum will be swung back a bit with the next hotfix (at least, balancing updates are happening reasonably frequently - so far, anyway)...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,446 posts
7,016 battles

Not even possibly to have played the game to test this.  Be quiet until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles

Of course of course, i'll be quiet then,what do i know anyway right ? ;)

 

But when all of you started complaining about things that weren't clear yet on the rework everyone cheered you on.

Of course telling the truth about things is not wanted to be heared. Feelings ovwr facts i suppose.

 

Rockets will have s terrible time with sim nerf and detectsbility buff for destroyers. And ijn only have rockets to attack those DDs, that is a fact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N0RSE]
Players
1,763 posts
2 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Of course of course, i'll be quiet then,what do i know anyway right ? ;)

 

But when all of you started complaining about things that weren't clear yet on the rework everyone cheered you on.

Of course telling the truth about things is not wanted to be heared. Feelings ovwr facts i suppose.

 

Rockets will have s terrible time with sim nerf and detectsbility buff for destroyers. And ijn only have rockets to attack those DDs, that is a fact

The only thing they wanna hear is: CV's cannot strike or spot anymore. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,452 posts
9,276 battles
19 minutes ago, Der_Naschfuchs said:

Stick close to cruisers. Teamplay is the key! 

 

Even the Bots know about the blob meta. I am calling them "Blotz" now.

 

OZHqvOM.png

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,847 posts
9,498 battles
8 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

 

Even the Bots know about the blob meta. I am calling them "Blotz" now.

 

OZHqvOM.png

 

Blobkrieg best tictac ever devised for internet boat game

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,681 posts
9,561 battles
12 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

The only thing they wanna hear is: CV's cannot strike or spot anymore. 

Don't forget about removing radar :cap_like:

 

and spotter planes.

and hydro.

and put stealth fire back into the game! :cap_win::cap_rambo:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,847 posts
9,498 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

Don't forget about removing radar :cap_like:

 

and spotter planes.

and hydro.

and put stealth fire back into the game! :cap_win::cap_rambo:

Ctrl+A

Del

Enter

 

here, I've fixed game

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles

To be fair, even if the change is heavy handed enough to make attacks on DDs unreliable (I fully expect that, cuz WG), you can still just sail away from DDs. With basically nonexistent fire duration CVs are tanky as hell against low caliber guns so as long as you don't eat torps you'd have plenty of time for someone of your team to get the idea of shooting at the DD that's hunting his team's CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,681 posts
9,561 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

To be fair, even if the change is heavy handed enough to make attacks on DDs unreliable (I fully expect that, cuz WG), you can still just sail away from DDs. With basically nonexistent fire duration CVs are tanky as hell against low caliber guns so as long as you don't eat torps you'd have plenty of time for someone of your team to get the idea of shooting at the DD that's hunting his team's CV.

The trick to sinking a CV with a DD is to trigger damacon, then start a permaflood.

Or has this changed recently? I don't get to sink that many carriers anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,234 posts
6,552 battles

From reading the changes they don't seem that bad. Sounds like if the attack is planned and prepped it will still be ok. Looks like the changes are nerfs to stop people spotting a DD and attacking it straight away, or people that wildly swing their planes around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,131 posts
27,984 battles

Changelog:

This week we nerf CV's to fix DD's.

Next week we nerf DD's to fix CV's.

 

This way, it looks like we are fixing problems, well, at least for a week.

 

I think the poor Devs guys are on an impossible task, 2 steps forward on an upward slippery iced pavement, and sliding 3 steps back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,847 posts
9,498 battles
3 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Ima free exp unlock haraguma tier 10 righta way! :cap_rambo::Smile_izmena:

And then you will (re)discover what AP penetration means.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

The trick to sinking a CV with a DD is to trigger damacon, then start a permaflood.

Or has this changed recently? I don't get to sink that many carriers anyway.

 

Can't tell, haven't been hunting CVs and every DD that tried to hunt mine died miserably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,681 posts
9,561 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

 

Can't tell, haven't been hunting CVs and every DD that tried to hunt mine died miserably.

I think mine were all killsecured by my teamplayers :Smile-_tongue:

But yes I did let myself get sunk by a disgrunted DD main. My error for having underestimated the little bugger :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,329 posts
11,315 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and you know this from your excessive amounts of playing CVs and striking DDs with these changes in place, of course. Oh wait.

He has a point though. Atm only a very small minority plays haku at tier ten. Given that Midway will still be able to launch DBs at DDs, I'll doubt that will change.

 

Which of course means: incoming Midway DB nerf :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles

Of they nerf midway DB next snd reduce the alpha by 1k they will still do 10k drops which is fine with me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
2,428 posts
11,034 battles
36 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Rockets will have s terrible time with sim nerf and detectsbility buff for destroyers. And ijn only have rockets to attack those DDs, that is a fact

Can they not just make the bombs work like they used to? Aircraft carriers used to come after Destroyers with bombs, and sometimes they used to sink the DDs and sometimes the DDs dodged them. There was interaction, and skill, and the end result wasn't hugely annoying. It was only ever torpedoes and cross-drops which annoyed people. Why have WG made the rework so all-or-nothing?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×