You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kfa

Free stuff from WG

13 comments in this topic

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
8,476 battles

I cant be bothered to understand whats the event and why isnt it automaticly added to our combat missions but whatever.

Click on the "Participate" button to get free stuff.

Great White Fleet Event

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,432 posts
6,298 battles

Really not a fan of the click to participate 'feature'.  What is wrong with starting the game up and y'know, just participating.

• Cool 8

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
7,851 battles
32 minutes ago, kfa said:

I cant be bothered to understand whats the event and why isnt it automaticly added to our combat missions but whatever.

Click on the "Participate" button to get free stuff.

Great White Fleet Event

The "participate" stuff was made because people get very salty over anime so only those that actualy want the missions may get them and don't get the rewards they don't want by accident/normal playtime.

Why this was included in the "might be controversial to some players" drawer i don't know.

I already spotted it on the frontpage and clicked the button but thanks for pointing it out to everyone anyways.

5 minutes ago, ilhilh said:

Really not a fan of the click to participate 'feature'.  What is wrong with starting the game up and y'know, just participating.

Blame the salty Animehaters or WG for trying out Collabs like HSF and ARP.

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
6,601 posts
Vor 29 Minuten, kfa sagte:

and why isnt it automaticly added to our combat missions but whatever.

imho every special/event/discount/whatever should be this way, that you have to activate it. Maybe this could make at least some players to inform themselves about news/the game...

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,327 posts
12,395 battles
8 minutes ago, ilhilh said:

Quoted for truth.

There is the somewhat half-valid argument of not all players wanting all content (think historic accuracy nerds vs loli lovers) however I think this is just WG's way of farming more clicks for their news articles...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,432 posts
6,298 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

I can see why you might include it for those events as they are not what everyone is here for, but this is based on historical events and offering up standard rewards...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
7,851 battles
36 minutes ago, ilhilh said:

I can see why you might include it for those events as they are not what everyone is here for, but this is based on historical events and offering up standard rewards...

Well the problem is that "not what everyone is here for" changes depending of the personal view of the single player. I can clearly renember soneone on the Forum being VERY salty for receiving an animecaptain he couldn't dismiss even though he can just let her rot in the barracks.

Though indeed for this I also feel that the usual "better not roll that mission out to everyone" button is a bit misplaced here.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
8,476 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

Dude, do you not read dem articles on the front page? Duh...

I know but a lot of people miss that.

I only participated in one or two events because somebody wrote it on the forums, it was "hidden" in a wall of uniteresting text.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,327 posts
12,395 battles
27 minutes ago, kfa said:

I know but a lot of people miss that.

I only participated in one or two events because somebody wrote it on the forums, it was "hidden" in a wall of uniteresting text.

Jep, that was Sarkasm. For example I missed the special anime Hipper captain because it was "hidden" in an otherwise obscure "what's up in month xxx" article...

[CR-S]
Players
370 posts
19,072 battles
3 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

To be honest: i was one of them when the initial ARP-missions came. But after WG added the option to hide the Anime-themes in the port, i started taking the free stuff.

After some time i lost my aversion and... now i don´t even disable it. Still have no idea about anime, but now i participate and don´t mind it :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
4 posts
5,303 battles
3 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Why am I logged out when I go to the participate site? :Smile-angry:

Quz it auto-redirects u to NA website.

(It's a feature!:cap_book:)