You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.0.3

470 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,292 posts
11,885 battles
3 minutes ago, ___R_O_C_K_Y___ said:

Hope there are more CV changes for DD coming on 0.8.1

We can't promise exact dates but if you want to read about our plans for the next updates regarding CVs, please take a look at this announcement:

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[SPVO]
Players
50 posts
10,425 battles

The end of CV's, since you already lost a squadron per attack. It seems it is even worse now. It would have been nice had WOWS  re-thought the MM with T8 CV in t9 and Tx matches.

• Cool 18

[AOD]
[AOD]
Beta Tester
30 posts
4,629 battles

seriously neuf the cvs to the ground just to let dds have full rain again what the hell. u need to look at aa again and focus on changing the upgrades on ships before neuffing cvs again your cv player base will just go back to zero if you keep this up.

• Cool 13
  • Bad 2

Alpha Tester
50 posts
14,285 battles

I was never a CV player and was just starting to get properly into them in their new state but even though DD's became priority targets since CV rework, that was only because all other classes are too strong to attack with any regularity. The Haku nerf was so vicious that it is mainly Midway in battle now at the highest tier.  God help any player trying to move up tiers in these CV's as they are now. I strongly agree that DD's needed a CV counter play that is viable but CV's need to be able to do something rather than just fly around hoping a single ship goes alone. Serious rethinking is needed if CV's are to become in any way a playable class suitable to all.

• Cool 14

[STARS]
Players
499 posts

They are just creating more work for the developers in a situation in which they could have just reverted to a pre-0.8 update with better results.

The live experiment with the player base goes on...

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,834 posts
5,251 battles
16 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

We can't promise exact dates but if you want to read about our plans for the next updates regarding CVs, please take a look at this announcement:

Greetings, Crysantos

Aaaaaaaand ..... another NERF??!!!

Make CVs useless again?

Really guys ...

• Cool 13
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[TAW]
Players
5 posts
1,738 battles

I think that this hotfix definitely helps DD players, which were being targetted by CV's a lot. However, now the CV's are nerfed even more.

I definitely think WG should take a real good look at CV's and maybe bring back the RTS style gameplay until they have a TESTED concept for carrier gameplay.

Also a big thing is that a lot of players are whining way too much and should just wait until this gets fixed. It's not like WG does this on purpose. Everyone wanted better carrier gameplay, so they listened and here it is. They should however, have tested it more before releasing it to the public.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[SPVO]
Players
50 posts
10,425 battles

Cannot see anyone, who is reeeeaaalllly happy! Who would want to risk a 200K bill for every battle with a CV if you have no chance to make any money. NOBODY. With a T8 CV in a TX match you do not even come close to anything. Your planes will be dead before they can even launch torps. So no wonder they attack DD's which are alone. At least you have a little chance of gaining some points.

• Cool 9

[DREAD]
Players
5,834 posts
5,251 battles
16 minutes ago, grenadier_14 said:

they are nerfing the cv's to hell, all in favor from crying dd players.

Yes. However it is somewhat strange - first invest into a new model and then nerf it into oblivion so nobody wants to play it?

• Cool 11
  • Funny 3

[AOD]
[AOD]
Beta Tester
30 posts
4,629 battles
5 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

When are the British CV coming. See they are still not coming in this next update?

Well if the neufs to cvs keep coming no one will want to play them.

• Cool 6

Players
3,031 posts
7,141 battles
4 minutes ago, mel1111 said:

Cannot see anyone, who is reeeeaaalllly happy! Who would want to risk a 200K bill for every battle with a CV if you have no chance to make any money. NOBODY. With a T8 CV in a TX match you do not even come close to anything. Your planes will be dead before they can even launch torps. So no wonder they attack DD's which are alone. At least you have a little chance of gaining some points.

I can't agree enough with what is voiced here, form what I've read so far.

Shokaku in a tier 10 game means I might as well plot in an auto course into B, then throw away my mouse and do chores around the house for 20 minutes. It's not like I'll get better rewarded if I actually try to play the game.

No matter how hard you try as bottom tier CV, you'll probably end up 12th spot in the list regardless of skill :Smile_sceptic:

Looks like I can put my carriers into the freezer for good and start grinding even more DD lines.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
3,031 posts
7,141 battles
6 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Yes. However it is somewhat strange - first invest into a new model and then nerf it into oblivion so nobody wants to play it?

1 minute ago, stromrise said:

Well if the neufs to cvs keep coming no one will want to play them.

I don't feel enticed to play them as they are now, mostly because of how useless it is to play them when you are bottom tier.

The rocket planes were the only decent planes left when bottom tiered. And even in my Benson I can basically shred planes of all carriers except the tier 10 ones :Smile_trollface:

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
6 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Then create something better. Wait until many people buy the bundles containing it and ... nerf it. :cap_haloween:

That's a WG secret. Don't tell anyone! :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[OP]
Beta Tester
257 posts
17,536 battles

I can honestly get into the Fighter consumable. Way better.
But why the Aerial boost on all ships so you get spotted even less. So ships like Wuster are getting silent AA again that instant you join into it you lose all your planes.
DDs needed a bit more buff against CV yes, i agree that the rockets dealt to much dmg to DDs. But assumingly it cannot be done like BB AP hm? I dont get it.
Beside that nerf hammer on Midway whilst Midway was actually doing pretty decent compared to the other t10 ships in terms of damage.

• Cool 3

[XODUS]
Players
778 posts
4,515 battles

All pretty good changes to be honest.

But is it really a good idea to reduce the AA detection of the Worcester and Minotaur to BELOW their AA Range. (quick calculation puts their Air Detection at sub 6km) and their AA Range is 6.9km.

Ambush Anti Aircraft fire is fine if it is blocked by smoke or an island, but the ability to suddenly appear at 6km just by turning AA on seems excessive for these already powerful AA cruisers.

Minotaur did not need an AA buff

• Cool 8

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
1 minute ago, Peter_Snowmane said:

Played some games today where there "should" have been CVs present but there weren't any. A sign of things to come ?

Some people said that once the player base is done testing the new CV mechanics, we will be seeing less and less CVs. I believe that is what is happening now.

• Cool 9

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
9 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

No matter how hard you try as bottom tier CV, you'll probably end up 12th spot in the list regardless of skill :Smile_sceptic:

nah.

Spoiler

hmmm.thumb.jpg.ad1e6b1b95c5a5687d09700ab063fdff.jpg

17 minutes ago, mel1111 said:

Who would want to risk a 200K bill for every battle with a CV if you have no chance to make any money. NOBODY. With a T8 CV in a TX match you do not even come close to anything. Your planes will be dead before they can even launch torps. So no wonder they attack DD's which are alone. At least you have a little chance of gaining some points.

Oh thats so nice of you. So you use the income-argument to justify taking DDs out of the game as you please. Ever thought about their income - I wonder?

• Cool 7
  • Boring 5

[AOD]
[AOD]
Beta Tester
30 posts
4,629 battles
Just now, Peter_Snowmane said:

Played some games today where there "should" have been CVs present but there weren't any. A sign of things to come ?

Yep changes shape of things to come so going back to before the rework basically where there was not many cvs at all

• Angry 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

Oh wow, nerfhammering the Midway TBs? 20% less alpha damage and reduced flooding chance on the already nerfed flooding chances for all airdropped torpedoes? What the hell?

Also 20% reduced air detactability for every ship ... that will put most DDs around 3km air detectability. Combined with increased attack preparation, decreased aircraft handling and spread penalties when moving on top this is going to skew the balance MASSIVELY in favour of DDs.

You guys seriously have no concept of incremental balance tweaks, gotta slam everything with a nerfhammer.

• Cool 19
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1