Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MistaBoo

Clan Battle Prerequisite - Thoughts?

14 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
80 posts
3,660 battles

Our clan achieved this in under an hour so from my point of view it was a tad underwhelming. 

I realise it wasn't supposed to be anything difficult but i feel WG could have made it a little more interesting.

On a personal note i would have liked it to have been based on Clan Scenarios with the difficulty ramped up.

I do know it was designed to allow max participation from clans at the weekend which i feel maybe isn't the greatest move either as it takes away the Clan Battles during the week. 

What WG have done is instead of promoting Clan Play and Battles they have actually eroded it further to the point where players who cannot play at weekends due to family events, kids etc. are never going to play in a clan battle ever again.

I cannot for the life of me see any positives in this move. I always enjoyed my clan battles during the week as it meant i could go do other things at the weekend (cinema, days out etc etc.) knowing that ive still did my bit for the clan during the week.

Also at the weekends there is always enough players on for 1 team but not always enough for two teams in most clans so it means swapping out etc.

A suggestion that might work is allowing clans to select the size of game from 5 players up to 14 players and that would allow them to field smaller teams or indeed one large team.

I dont know if that has ever been tested before but i dont see it being a bad idea.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

literally what the ever loving fork are you talking about? :Smile_amazed: There's no CB season currently...

[JRM]
Players
3,346 posts
18,792 battles

He thinks pf that Naval battles for oil thing

[BOATY]
Players
80 posts
3,660 battles

edited

As ^^ he said.

Oil thing that you have to achieve to be able to take part in clan battles this weekend.

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
3,346 posts
18,792 battles

Well i guess they made it so a reasonably strong clan can do it easly enough so you get some oil for the clan wallet however it pans out besides qualifing and winning are two entirely different things alltoghether ^^

[NWP]
Players
6,816 posts
7,602 battles

But you dont have to play as a clan in Naval Battles. The entire clan participates, but every individual is playing on its own.

So if you cant play at weekends, neither you nor your clan is losing too much, unless your clan is really small. Every player has a limited amount of tries to reach the required XP to move on to the next Nation/Class stage.

Has nothing to do with playing as a Clan.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
80 posts
3,660 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

But you dont have to play as a clan in Naval Battles. The entire clan participates, but every individual is playing on its own.

So if you cant play at weekends, neither you nor your clan is losing too much, unless your clan is really small. Every player has a limited amount of tries to reach the required XP to move on to the next Nation/Class stage.

Has nothing to do with playing as a Clan.

No one said it did. 

I suggested it maybe should have been seeing as CB's were only going to be at weekends now.

That was all.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
6,816 posts
7,602 battles
2 minutes ago, MistaBoo said:

No one said it did. 

I suggested it maybe should have been seeing as CB's were only going to be at weekends now.

That was all.

I havent heard anything about CBs being only on weekends, can you show me the link where they said that?

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,105 posts
10,179 battles
Vor 32 Minuten, MistaBoo sagte:

Our clan achieved this in under an hour so from my point of view it was a tad underwhelming. 

I realise it wasn't supposed to be anything difficult but i feel WG could have made it a little more interesting.

On a personal note i would have liked it to have been based on Clan Scenarios with the difficulty ramped up.

I do know it was designed to allow max participation from clans at the weekend which i feel maybe isn't the greatest move either as it takes away the Clan Battles during the week. 

What WG have done is instead of promoting Clan Play and Battles they have actually eroded it further to the point where players who cannot play at weekends due to family events, kids etc. are never going to play in a clan battle ever again.

I cannot for the life of me see any positives in this move. I always enjoyed my clan battles during the week as it meant i could go do other things at the weekend (cinema, days out etc etc.) knowing that ive still did my bit for the clan during the week.

Also at the weekends there is always enough players on for 1 team but not always enough for two teams in most clans so it means swapping out etc.

A suggestion that might work is allowing clans to select the size of game from 5 players up to 14 players and that would allow them to field smaller teams or indeed one large team.

I dont know if that has ever been tested before but i dont see it being a bad idea.

You mixed up things. There is no clan battle-event - it's an oil-event done individually by players of a clan called "Naval battles". On Weekend you can play after qualification, but you do not need to - especially not as a "squad". So I do not get the point of your idea.

• Cool 3

[BOATY]
Players
80 posts
3,660 battles
11 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

You mixed up things. There is no clan battle-event - it's an oil-event done individually by players of a clan called "Naval battles". On Weekend you can play after qualification, but you do not need to - especially not as a "squad". So I do not get the point of your idea.

So Clan Battles will remain as is but with this event / oil thing just as an extra?

Thank god for that.

I read it as Clan Battles during the week were going to be a thing of the past.

Thanks for the clarification.  

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,105 posts
10,179 battles
Vor 1 Minute, MistaBoo sagte:

So Clan Battles will remain as is but with this event / oil thing just as an extra?

Thank god for that.

I read it as Clan Battles during the week were going to be a thing of the past.

Thanks for the clarification.  

Correct - the Naval-Battle is something else - and Clan-Battles will happen as usual (nothing else was stated) later this year. 

This oil-event happened last year in August or September for the first time with some external web-page, but now it's integrated and just a chance for your clan to obtain oil. 

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
80 posts
3,660 battles
9 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

Correct - the Naval-Battle is something else - and Clan-Battles will happen as usual (nothing else was stated) later this year. 

This oil-event happened last year in August or September for the first time with some external web-page, but now it's integrated and just a chance for your clan to obtain oil. 

Thanks

[OGHF]
Players
903 posts
14,774 battles

@MistaBoo, thought that my self as I normaly “skim read”, but did read it a second time fully so got the gist of it that way, we all do it though :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[BOATY]
Players
80 posts
3,660 battles
43 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

@MistaBoo, thought that my self as I normaly “skim read”, but did read it a second time fully so got the gist of it that way, we all do it though :cap_like:

Yeh i think that was my downfall to.

They dont always read they way they are intended.

Sign in to follow this