You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fadbamsendk

aslain modpack suddenly ban

29 comments in this topic

[DC-DK]
[DC-DK]
Players
4 posts
7,095 battles

hi guys 

when i want to log in today i get the message that my account is suspended for 7 days 

because of using mod issues  

the only thing im using is aslains and always used that since i started to play wows for 3 years ago 

what can i do ? it seems that they wont answer those quistions WTF !!!  

u cant even make a ticket 

can anyt1 help me with some idears ??? 

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,657 battles

Uninstall the game, wipe everything (all folders and data game created) and make a clean reinstall and use only wg stuff in the future

Edit:

Oh and btw watch whitch gfx card drivers and tools you install some can be used as cheats and can be treared as such by some anti cheat routines

• Bad 1

[DC-DK]
[DC-DK]
Players
4 posts
7,095 battles

no i didnt Aotearas    

my quistion is btw how do i get iun contact with surpport 

[-RDE-]
Players
129 posts
12,848 battles

a lot of ppl use this mod pack myself included, if it's not allowed why's it posted on the forums???

[DC-DK]
[DC-DK]
Players
4 posts
7,095 battles

indeed  im wondering also  i think many 1000 of people using aslains  so   maybe they ran out od wodka  :p 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

38 minutes ago, fadbamsendk said:

hi guys 

when i want to log in today i get the message that my account is suspended for 7 days 

because of using mod issues  

the only thing im using is aslains and always used that since i started to play wows for 3 years ago 

what can i do ? it seems that they wont answer those quistions WTF !!!  

u cant even make a ticket 

can anyt1 help me with some idears ??? 

I also use Aslain's (and never ever used anything else)...

Did you, perhaps, in any time (possibly long time ago) used some of the MODs that changed forbidden DLLs (for example  Monstrofil  markers were banned because of that) and/or graphic card add-ons (SweetFX or Reshade)?

Leo "Apollo11"

3,840 posts
8,611 battles
6 minutes ago, humpty_1 said:

a lot of ppl use this mod pack myself included, if it's not allowed why's it posted on the forums???

4 minutes ago, fadbamsendk said:

indeed  im wondering also  i think many 1000 of people using aslains  so   maybe they ran out od wodka  :p 

Mostly because aslains may have used a mod in the past that is now forbidden. Of course diligent as aslain is, he removed the forbidden mod from the modpack.

HOWEVER: It's your job as a player to make sure that there are no remains of the once allowed, now forbidden mod on your PC.

Afaik even a reinstall of Aslain (deleting mod_res) doesn't get rid of all the traces. And the smallest trace can trigger the ban hammer.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,407 posts
7,851 battles
6 minutes ago, fadbamsendk said:

Because that many people use the mod and the fact that it's premoderated in the modsection suggests that the reason for your ban lies elsewhere. Otherwise the outcry would be louder already than just you right? :cap_yes:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
Just now, fadbamsendk said:

no i didnt Aotearas    

my quistion is btw how do i get iun contact with surpport 

Funny, because WG allegedly sends out warning emails if they detect non-sanctioned mods on your client before handing out suspensions (according to them them), but a clanmate of mine also happened to get a suspension not too long ago out of the blue and he also says he never got a warning email.

I also wouldn't get your hopes up about support handling this, because when my clanmate tried it they brushed him off with the usual "not discussing bans" policy and he still has no clue what it was he was suspended for. Of course WG said they did send a warning email and I can't objectively verify what he says is true, but quite frankly I trust his word over theirs.

The best guess I have right now is that WG's anti-cheat flags unrelated third party software, specifically overlays which can come in various fashions and are typically no concern whatsoever (GPU software, OC software), which are typically not considered anything harmful or even something that could be used for cheating in the first place by many, many average users and so don't register as a possible problemmaker for the players. Which is also why completely un- and reinstalling the game isn't a foolproof method of trying to get rid of whatever it is that made WG's red lights blink because chances are it's not installed in your game directory at all.

And there's nothing you can do unless WG says what the culprit is, but they won't since it might tip off those who genuinely cheat to how their anti-cheat works.

[-RDE-]
Players
129 posts
12,848 battles
2 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Mostly because aslains may have used a mod in the past that is now forbidden. Of course diligent as aslain is, he removed the forbidden mod from the modpack.

HOWEVER: It's your job as a player to make sure that there are no remains of the once allowed, now forbidden mod on your PC.

Afaik even a reinstall of Aslain (deleting mod_res) doesn't get rid of all the traces. And the smallest trace can trigger the ban hammer.

THANKS  ^^^

would a uninstall and re download sort it? (i'd of thought it would) also shouldn't there be an in game warning if theres a conflict etc?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,909 posts
7,766 battles

Using ASLAIN mods for years now ... I am not convinced that the modpack itself is the issue.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
1 minute ago, humpty_1 said:

THANKS  ^^^

would a uninstall and re download sort it? (i'd of thought it would) also shouldn't there be an in game warning if theres a conflict etc?

Of the game you mean?

If the culprit is on your game directory, then yes. Just make sure to check it after you uninstalled to see if any folders/files were left and delete those too before reinstalling.

If the anti-cheat flagged something else, tough luck.

[BS4]
Players
881 posts
5,487 battles
13 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I also wouldn't get your hopes up about support handling this, because when my clanmate tried it they brushed him off with the usual "not discussing bans" policy and he still has no clue what it was he was suspended for.

This attitude of WG is realy starting to get under my skin...:cap_viking:

How can you avoid the same mistake when your not aware/told what the mistake was in the first place. This is not helpful to anyone let alone WG themselves....Make it clear , make it transparent so Everyone understands.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
11 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Using ASLAIN mods for years now ... I am not convinced that the modpack itself is the issue.

Me too. I think that it's a graphics add-on that is flagged by the failure of a anti-cheat system.

The whole policy is really leading nowhere from where I stand. I don't cheat, I use only approved mods found in Aslain's modpack, and still I fear that I will be banned one day. And the worst part is, WG will not help me fix the issue, because their policy is set against me, the player.

• Cool 1

[-RDE-]
Players
129 posts
12,848 battles
11 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Of the game you mean?

If the culprit is on your game directory, then yes. Just make sure to check it after you uninstalled to see if any folders/files were left and delete those too before reinstalling.

If the anti-cheat flagged something else, tough luck.

nothings been flagged on my end and i've only ever used aslans mod. so all should be ok.  must be all the pot i smoked as a kid (paranoid) lol. :Smile_popcorn::Smile_veryhappy:

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,657 battles

Well if you used mods in the past you should know whitch are on the blacklist nowdays and clean house (if a reasonable user is expected to read patchnotes it shoud be double the case here) if you are abaolutely sure about the mods or you didnt use any at all only other option is some gfx injector tool and again you should then do a clean install (unfortunatley a windows reinstall might be needed) with a whql drivers and without suspitios tools, sometimes the flagging might be a bit in the grey but then again its a mmo game and 0 cheat policy is a must

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,256 battles
12 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

How can you avoid the same mistake when your not aware/told what the mistake was in the first place. This is not helpful to anyone let alone WG themselves....Make it clear , make it transparent so Everyone understands.

They have answered this complaint multiple times.

The fact is they can't go into detail about what flagged your account because it would help developers of cheats in circumventing WGs detection methods.

You avoid getting banned again by following WGs general guidelines on what is allowed and what isn't.

[RNSF]
Players
78 posts
2,610 battles

If there was something within the mod pack code that could be used to circumvent the game they would have just removed the mod pack.

Raise a ticket and ask the question. 

Best thing though is not to use any mods.

• Boring 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
27 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

They have answered this complaint multiple times.

The fact is they can't go into detail about what flagged your account because it would help developers of cheats in circumventing WGs detection methods.

You avoid getting banned again by following WGs general guidelines on what is allowed and what isn't.

The problem is if those general guidelines are a bit too generalistic it's basically impossible for a normal user to know what it is they need to get rid off, especially if the anti-cheat doesn't only scan the WoWs directory but also your memory processes, etc., which means something else running on your PC might get flagged and reinstalling WoWs won't do sh*t to solve that.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,256 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

The problem is if those general guidelines are a bit too generalistic it's basically impossible for a normal user to know what it is they need to get rid off, especially if the anti-cheat doesn't only scan the WoWs directory but also your memory processes, etc., which means something else running on your PC might get flagged and reinstalling WoWs won't do sh*t to solve that.

I'm pretty sure the guidelines specify some examples on top of more specifically mentioning 3rd party applications that hook into your graphics drivers or modify their dll-files in some way.

Those would include things like SweetFX, ReShade and various ENBs.

• Cool 1

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

I'm pretty sure the guidelines specify some examples on top of more specifically mentioning 3rd party applications that hook into your graphics drivers or modify their dll-files in some way.

Those would include things like SweetFX, ReShade and various ENBs.

What's an ENB?

1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Exactly this. And expecting to do a full reinstall of Windows would be asking too much I think.

I haven't received a warning (I don't need cheats to rock :cap_win:), but especially since I installed the 8.0 client as a fresh one (I still retained the last 7.x for replays) and not even having updated my graphics drivers in several years now (I don't like to tinker with stuff that isn't broken anyway), I'd have absolutely no idea where to even begin to start looking.

But I do believe that most people who actually do voice this opinion, are actually simply fraudulent anyway and they know very well what they did. They just have no other option left than to keep crying so hard till WG change their minds so they can retain their account and keep on cheating.

Players
85 posts
911 battles
3 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

I think perhaps WG want cheats to uninstall all illegal mods, not just the ones they got caught with. Tell them what the mod was and they may well think the others are OK when they may not be.

There are a lot of 'innocent' whiners on the WoT forum after the recent banwave struck. Common advice is 'don't try to cheat', 'don't download any mod or modpack from anything other than the official site, even if it has the same name', and 'always remember it is your responsibility to assure yourself of the game rules and don't assume that mods can't accidentally be made available yet still be illegal'. The last point is most relevant, check and double check both the legality and source of the mod and it's relationship to game rules and don't try to 'interpret' the rules just to suit yourself. 

I'd add that I've never known WG to issue warnings, the first 7 day ban is the first time the cheater knows they've been caught. The next ban is permanent. A warning slap on the wrist before a ban would be counter productive, people would start playing games with 'how long before I'm clear again?', or 'I'll switch to a similar mod that's still illegal'. Players should rightfully be scared of getting banned, they are ripping off everybody they play against after all, that's you and me folks.

Players
5 posts
8,334 battles

7-days ? :Smile-angry:

Why play with a mod at all.

Best way is to perm ban all mod users. :Smile_great:

I guess they cant play without them.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[DSPA]
Players
210 posts
934 battles

I don't really believe OP's story. If there where a few on this forum I would start to believe but just 1 guy banned? If the problem laid with Alsain modpack there should be more players starting topics. There should be more forum-players. This modpack is just too well known to be a one-person-problem.