You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DanottiTR

Report system needs rework

40 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Beta Tester
172 posts
13,372 battles

I do disabled my Chat box with the help of a mod and still I get chat banned and the reason is I do play CV and constantly get reported after each game as I can see at the notification tab .

So according to these people you messed up with your CV rework and we are getting punished for reason .

Seriously .... WG your report system is not working as intended .

I normally do not care if chat banned or not as I do bloody NOT USE the chat box in game BUT I do use clan chat and when chat banned you cnat use it either and that is not fair  . Well I can use clan chat and from the look of it it is fixed couse last week it didnt (as I am constantly chat banned) At least that is good  for the important part of the issue .

That needs a fix ASAP .

• Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,615 posts
6,467 battles
20 minutes ago, DanottiTR said:

I do disabled my Chat box with the help of a mod and still I get chat banned and the reason is I do play CV and constantly get reported after each game as I can see at the notification tab.

This reminds me of some complete clown I saw in game in the last day or two - he was noisily declaring that he reports all CVs he encounters, just for playing CVs. What sort of inadequate does stuff like that? I don't particularly like BBs (well, camping ones), but I try and make my point by playing better than them (okay, uphill struggle in my case), rather than reporting them without good reason - if it's in the game, it's legitimate to play it, whatever 'it' is. You just have to deal with that, or quit the game.

As to the specific OP, I believe WG have said that they know the whole karma system isn't terribly effective, and they're looking at fixing it. That said, it got the trademarked 'Soon', and with all the CV business I can't imagine it'll happen any time soon (correct usage)...

[JRM]
Players
157 posts
8,780 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

@MrConway is there anything that can be done to help this chap as of now and is there something in the works to make the system actually useful?

Well they really need to make this things:

If nothing player writed in chat it cant be raported for chat behavior, if in first 5 by exp it cant be raported for playing poorly, if have done atleast something cant be raported for afk.  But also punish players who are raported a lot with something.

• Cool 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
840 posts
7,406 battles

i would allso [edited]the rule that if you kill/dev strike someone he can't report you, i have enough of getting reported with my yugumo

shot-19_02.18_10_30.41-0724.thumb.jpg.8a6c2ca99e5307e1a9dcc5c43d3e35f8.jpg, i know, i love drinking their tears too, but it's get frustrating to get chatbanned day after day because frustrated people report you, cause i use the chat very often, and in some cases ( ranked) it can be the difference between a win and a loss

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles
2 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

if in first 5 by exp it cant be raported for playing poorly,

Nope. Not enough to say (s)he played well(read: for team).

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
46 minutes ago, DanottiTR said:

I normally do not care if chat banned or not as I do bloody NOT USE the chat box in game BUT I do use clan chat and when chat banned you cnat use it either and that is not fair  .

Everything else is really up for debate but this isnt. If im chat banned, for whatever reason, I must still be able to talk to my clanmates! Maybe not all clans have setup ways to communicate outside of the game, then what? Please, atleast fix this. @MrConway .

• Cool 3

[DC-DK]
Players
2,408 posts
24,407 battles

Just scrap the thing....... Not much use anyhow... Really toxic and threatening players can be dealt with at customer service..

• Cool 1

Players
531 posts

Why waste time reporting "ANYTHING" in-game. It's just an  automated system, same as when you shoot a friendly player that gets u auto earning warning points given. No action ever gets taken for reports in-game. Never seen one report get acted on playing WOT for years.

Do you honestly think there are REAL PEOPLE sitting there reading every report made in-game, making decisions on them all. Laughs!!!!!

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
24 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

No action ever gets taken for reports in-game.

Reports for "chat misbehavior" can and do get people chatbanned. 24h at a time. Anything longer than that is a report through support & a manually issued chatban.

The other 3 are useless

• Cool 2

Players
777 posts
4,778 battles

Is that tier X behaviour ?

I have come across some players with a specific opinion in "all" chat during a match, my Karma went down now and then after a match, but not reports with bans as of yet....but i have not yet piloted Tier X CV yet...i can imagine they are quite powerful as i can hold my own in tier X matches as bottom tier VIII CV. As such i probably did not hurt their stats enough :-)

[-SOG-]
Players
116 posts
1,908 battles

Wait.... You can get banned from chat for reports?

I think WG should do nothing, honestly, except just lower your karma and that's it. Because most players use the report feature because:

a) You didn't join them in their suicidal push when you had a cap advantage and were in a relatively favorable position already.

b) You fail to kill every enemy ship on a CV because they still think it works that way (and it didn't during RTS either, but welp).

c) You play CV. At all.

d) You're a CL and for some reason your teammates expect you to tank 3M damage.

e) The team lost and for some odd reason you're to blame for their suicidal stupidity, whatever it may be.

f) You blapped an enemy out of the water in one shot, clearly meaning that you used an aimbot and hax.

g) You one-shotted a BB from 15 km away, which for some reason people still think is impossible.

h) The RNG gods chose you to be the ultimate harbinger of death and your attacks go exceptionally well compared to other games, and the enemy notices.

90% of the time I am reported it is because of one or more of these reasons. The other 10% I will admit it is one of the rare occasions in which I am a total [edited] in chat (though I am taking a chill pill about that, because it really doesn't make the game fun for anyone, including me).

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,615 posts
6,467 battles
2 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

Yup - it's the only complaint option that does anything tangible; that's why it gets abused so much...

[-SOG-]
Players
116 posts
1,908 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Yup - it's the only complaint option that does anything tangible; that's why it gets abused so much...

Is it for any report? Or just the "Misbehavior in chat" one? (I know I got one, one time, because I was a real [edited] to someone; apologized to him later and had a nice chat over my morning coffee with him; I totally deserved it)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
4 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

Chat-banned, not account-banned

Chatban means you can not type any messages in anything - battle chat, clan chat, PMs, Training Room chat... Anything that includes you writing = you can't do it

Problem with that, of course, is everything outside of the battle chat, as that other stuff shouldn't have been denied

1 minute ago, mlgomez said:

Is it for any report? Or just the "Misbehavior in chat" one?

Only this one, other 3 are useless and do nothing

[-SOG-]
Players
116 posts
1,908 battles
10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Chat-banned, not account-banned

Chatban means you can not type any messages in anything - battle chat, clan chat, PMs, Training Room chat... Anything that includes you writing = you can't do it

Problem with that, of course, is everything outside of the battle chat, as that other stuff shouldn't have been denied

Only this one, other 3 are useless and do nothing

Thanks so much for the info :)

OK, so the misbehavior in chat report was abused for the CV. That is just.... meh.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,615 posts
6,467 battles
37 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

Is it for any report? Or just the "Misbehavior in chat" one? (I know I got one, one time, because I was a real [edited] to someone; apologized to him later and had a nice chat over my morning coffee with him; I totally deserved it)

Answered above, but +1 for doing the decent thing - good show!

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
29 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

Thanks so much for the info :)

OK, so the misbehavior in chat report was abused for the CV. That is just.... meh.

It's not only vs CVs. Ever systematically taken out a division of smoked up RN CLs while playing a BB? 3x reports guaranteed :Smile_trollface:

Basically you need to reach X number of chat misbehavior reports (generally mentioned as around 10 within a few games, but I'm guessing it's kinda Karma based, as in low Karma = less reports needed, going as low as 3...4 at 0 Karma) and then the chatban is given with the 1st message you send AFTER this limit has been reached

So you can get enough reports in 1 game, play 2 more never saying a word, then in the 4th someone greets you and you try to answer with "o7" but instead you get chatbanned at that moment :Smile_veryhappy: Great system

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,832 battles
2 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

Well they really need to make this things:

If nothing player writed in chat it cant be raported for chat behavior, if in first 5 by exp it cant be raported for playing poorly, if have done atleast something cant be raported for afk.  But also punish players who are raported a lot with something.

I presume that if a player continually clicks on the map or repeatedly issued map commands then they may be reported for a chat violation  although nothing will stop players pinging the map (if they haven't been destroyed yet).

I don't for one minute suggest that the OP was doing either of these.

The problem is that WG think that the automated system is sufficient.  I think many regard it is not (players abusing it for 'reasons').

Players
607 posts
7,330 battles
21 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Reports for "chat misbehavior" can and do get people chatbanned. 24h at a time. Anything longer than that is a report through support & a manually issued chatban.

The other 3 are useless

Yup, I only ever use misbehaviour in chat if I can work up the interest to ticket someone. Mostly I just call them names in chat.

Players
120 posts
13,419 battles

I might be mistaken but I am sure I read on another threat around Christmas time that WG were aware that there was an issue with misuse of chat reports, and that they were considering how to deal with it, I'm certain it was Mr Conway who said they were looking into it (although it's probably not a priority considering the issues around the whole CV rework).

Hopefully it is being taken seriously as in its current state you can get chat banned for playing well, being unlucky or playing certain ship types. I mean being reported for getting a kraken or a devistating strike doesn't matter if it's just karma but because misbehaving in chat is the only report that carries a sanction does mean it gets over used. 

• Cool 1

Players
607 posts
7,330 battles
19 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Hopefully it is being taken seriously as in its current state you can get chat banned for playing well, being unlucky or playing certain ship types. I mean being reported for getting a kraken or a devistating strike doesn't matter if it's just karma but because misbehaving in chat is the only report that carries a sanction does mean it gets over used. 

The current system is fine.

What we need is an option to block F key spamming in-game.

I don't think people appreciate exactly how obnoxious someone needs to be to get a chat ban.

I have 11,000 games across 2 serves and have a kama that hovers around zero, but I've never been chat banned, and basically all I do is troll BBs in-game. To actually get a chat ban you need to offend your whole team on a regular basis. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
15 hours ago, DanottiTR said:

I do disabled my Chat box with the help of a mod and still I get chat banned and the reason is I do play CV and constantly get reported after each game as I can see at the notification tab .

So according to these people you messed up with your CV rework and we are getting punished for reason .

Seriously .... WG your report system is not working as intended .

I normally do not care if chat banned or not as I do bloody NOT USE the chat box in game BUT I do use clan chat and when chat banned you cnat use it either and that is not fair  . Well I can use clan chat and from the look of it it is fixed couse last week it didnt (as I am constantly chat banned) At least that is good  for the important part of the issue .

That needs a fix ASAP .

Its really funny how you managed to write 488 chat messages in the last week even though you have a chat-disabling mod installed - you must be quite the hacker.

While I would love to paste some of your chat messages into this thread, I would be breaking my own forum rules.

The reporting system is very much working exactly as intended and I am always happy when I get validation for this assumption through silly posts like this.

14 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

@MrConway is there anything that can be done to help this chap as of now and is there something in the works to make the system actually useful?

We have actually made changes in the backend that add a layer of verification to a part of the reports - so it is already useful ;)

• Cool 4
  • Funny 17

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,668 battles

Works as i intended i guess we all get salty occasionally but most dont get the ban so i guess it really takes a lot od abuse to get it

[NWP]
Players
657 posts
9,594 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

We have actually made changes in the backend that add a layer of verification to a part of the reports - so it is already useful ;)

Thank you for explaining it a little bit, I feel more educated now o7

• Funny 1