You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

[RESULTS] Great White Fleet Event

46 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
725 posts

Win a year of Warships Premium account. Sign-up for the missions inside and learn about one of the grandest naval tours in modern history - 'The Great White Fleet'.

Read it on the portal

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,368 battles

Is it just me or is part 2 & 3 of this mission not a lot of work for a very small reward?

• Cool 6

Players
3 posts
1,985 battles

3 days of premium for just 15 000 base xp accumulated? Sounds great. The other missions are just a bonus for consistency. Thanks

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,351 posts
11,263 battles

Ship restrictions: Tier I-X ships.

Man, that's harsh.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[AEGIS]
Players
44 posts

40 tryharded coop battles for 1 premium day and 1 random signal flag assortment. :D Pass me the bleach.

How about no? :)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[AEGIS]
Players
44 posts
19 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Man, that's harsh.

I wish they would loosen the restrictions and allow us to complete the mission through our Apex Legends account ;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,368 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is a mission for our CoOp fans.

Except it is probably required to unlock part 3.. Still minimum 40 matches

• Cool 2

Players
23 posts
2,204 battles

A bit underwhelming to put it nicely. They could add some chance of free xp coal or steel in the boxes. 

• Cool 2

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
228 posts
11,678 battles

why click to participate?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles
16 minutes ago, Peffers said:

why click to participate?

To exclude people not reading the news.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,351 posts
11,263 battles
26 minutes ago, Thrapsalo said:

A bit underwhelming to put it nicely. They could add some chance of free xp coal or steel in the boxes. 

You get 3 days premium and some signals just for playing a bit (15k base XP is nothing with that time frame). Play a bit more (and maybe a bit better) and get an extra daily container + another day premium. And if you are insane, you might be up for a year of premium - not something I could hope for but it's a rare grind-fest that actually gives a very generous reward AND doesn't guarantee the best bot to be the ultimate winner :Smile-_tongue: Doesn't make it any less insane but has some oomph.

Add an improved first win bonus for the entire week - and it actually seems like a profitable little event to get you to keep grinding in wait for 8.1 :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,368 battles
8 minutes ago, eliastion said:

You get 3 days premium and some signals just for playing a bit (15k base XP is nothing with that time frame). Play a bit more (and maybe a bit better) and get an extra daily container + another day premium. And if you are insane, you might be up for a year of premium - not something I could hope for but it's a rare grind-fest that actually gives a very generous reward AND doesn't guarantee the best bot to be the ultimate winner :Smile-_tongue: Doesn't make it any less insane but has some oomph.

Add an improved first win bonus for the entire week - and it actually seems like a profitable little event to get you to keep grinding in wait for 8.1 :Smile_trollface:

First 2 tasks seems reasonable enough effort compared to the rewards.  But minimum 40 x 7,5-10 minute co-op battles in mission part 2, that's between 5-7 hours of continuous playing, providing you're skilled enough to to be in top 2 in every match, for 1 day of premium and some flags. Don't add up at all. Not in my book at least.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,351 posts
11,263 battles
2 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

First 2 tasks seems reasonable enough effort compared to the rewards.  But minimum 40 x 7,5-10 minute co-op battles in mission part 2, that's between 5-7 hours of continuous playing, providing you're skilled enough to to be in top 2 in every match, for 1 day of premium and some flags. Don't add up at all. Not in my book at least.

It's something for dedicated coop players that play a lot. Most of the possible rewards (3 WG containers) are hidden behind much smaller grind, so you're not short-changed for not changing your gaming habits. Seems like a reasonable approach, in my book at least.

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,368 battles

Personally I'll only go for the first two.. To be honest don't think the last two is particular realistic effort compared to reward. But each to his own after all its free stuff.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,467 posts

Doesn't seem at all relevant to the GWF.

Someday I hope for something like a GWF skin for St. Louis and Charleston, or a US pre-dreadnought capital ship, or a collection with some kind of relevant commemorative flag.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,351 posts
11,263 battles
2 hours ago, StringWitch said:

Doesn't seem at all relevant to the GWF.

Someday I hope for something like a GWF skin for St. Louis and Charleston, or a US pre-dreadnought capital ship, or a collection with some kind of relevant commemorative flag.

One can dream...

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,351 posts
11,263 battles

@MrConway, there's actually an interesting question that's not addressed anywhere. Or two, but related:

1. Is there a way to track your progress (how many "top twos" you managed to score")?

2. What are the requirements for the counted "top twos"? Most missions have a t5 requirement - but one is different... what about the "contest counter"? Is it t5+ or have you made the mistake of allowing lower tiers as well? :Smile-_tongue: Because by not stating it clearly (even if the requirement is the somewhat reasonable t5) you just invited some people to try and farm it around t1... and there doesn't seem to be any counter allowing them to realize the mistake.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
25 posts
2,407 battles

Free stuff is always welcome :) but......would've loved to see some special "Great White Camouflage" to go with the event WeeGee ;)

• Cool 2