Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Rules of the "Fly! Strike! Win!" Event

68 comments in this topic

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
422 posts
3 hours ago, Salty_Slug said:

Any specific dates/times for the start of this event and/or the release of 0.8.1? 

Be the 28th February. They have a four-week update cycle and this would follow on from the four stages of the "Lunar New Year" section of the three-update event.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[R4A]
Players
466 posts
13,287 battles

Hi. The game is getting very complicated. Coals, Steels, Crowns, Florins... Uhh.. I don't like this. Game must be simple. We should buy everything by In Game Cash (credits),  XP and/or Doublons. 

• Cool 4

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
945 posts
4,341 battles
20 hours ago, KHS01 said:

Hi. The game is getting very complicated. Coals, Steels, Crowns, Florins... Uhh.. I don't like this. Game must be simple. We should buy everything by In Game Cash (credits),  XP and/or Doublons. 

It's there to make you spending faster.

Oh, I just exchange 6k dubloons for the t8 CV. What do you mean I need some other currency as well?

Okay, I just buy 25 containers for the other currency, I already spent 6k dubloons on it, I don't want to write that off. What do you mean I have to buy all of them?

etc. etc.

It's there to give you a false sense of understanding about what and how much you need to spend on your goal. It's also staged, so after you make the first transaction and realize your initial estimation of costs was way lower than the reality, you already have an investment in it and you don't want to lose that money.

I hope sometime in the near future EU bans these tricks.

• Cool 3

Players
11 posts
1,048 battles

So with this choice of U.K carriers we can assume, the very famous, Illustrious, Ark Royal. will be premium. ?

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
448 battles

Last week I installed the application on an old referral link, I entered a game in day when the old referral program ended. I could not use either the old referral program, or the new program. I played only 1 fight. Now I should not play 90 days to use the new program. I already spent too much money for this game to develop the second account from scratch, and I am not going to play on the old account.
The support service ignores me when I asked this question. When I entered on an old referral link - it worked. No messages that the referral program will end soon existed when I used the old reference. It turns out that I was misled when I began to use an old referral link. And now the referral program stimulates me not to play.

I consider that it is not fair. Not desire to help from support service upsets.

If to me do not allow to participate in the new program, I am afraid, I will be forced not to play 90 days at least.

***I am ready to create the new account if all bought tanks and planes in projects of Wargaming on this account are moved. But it is not possible.

Beta Tester
17 posts
8,670 battles

Ok.... where does one find this 'Event', where there is a very slim chance to unlock a ''special mission' to get an edinburgh, hood, vanguard etc?... i only see the fly, strike,win..... The 'Collection' & the Exeter missions

Players
188 posts
1,246 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 3:16 AM, PanzerTony123 said:

Ok.... where does one find this 'Event', where there is a very slim chance to unlock a ''special mission' to get an edinburgh, hood, vanguard etc?... i only see the fly, strike,win..... The 'Collection' & the Exeter missions

You have to buy containers and hopefully you get bonus missions to win the ships. I got missions for the silver Edinburgh and gold Duke of York, which coincidentally (or not) I didn't have, and winning just 5000 base XP got me both of them as the XP covers both missions. So not bad for 20 quid or whatever it was, plus the other stuff in the containers.

I'd already got to tier VII in the British cruisers, but a question I'd like to know is by winning the Edinburgh it surely has to automatically elite all ships along the way to tier VII (it elited my Fiji for example), so if you are only at tier 1 it makes the mission a gigantic XP bonus? If so buying a bunch of containers then seems like an even better idea, so has anybody actually got their British cruiser tree to tier VII researched 'for free' in this mission? Or does it work that way?

• Bad 1

[LIEGE]
Players
14 posts
On 3/11/2019 at 12:33 PM, 250swb said:

I'd already got to tier VII in the British cruisers, but a question I'd like to know is by winning the Edinburgh it surely has to automatically elite all ships along the way to tier VII (it elited my Fiji for example), so if you are only at tier 1 it makes the mission a gigantic XP bonus? If so buying a bunch of containers then seems like an even better idea, so has anybody actually got their British cruiser tree to tier VII researched 'for free' in this mission? Or does it work that way?

Sorry, no. It's just that one ship which is in Elite. Previous are not opened. 

[PVC]
Players
2 posts
1,912 battles

Can someone explain this to me:

How to get Crowns (From the homepage):

6a593b70-340d-11e9-aa3b-38eaa735f4cc_100
  • Complete the Directives of the "Fly! Strike! Win!" event.
  • Complete chains of daily combat missions.
  • Obtain them in exchange for doubloons in the Arsenal (this option can be used three times only).

The Fly! Strike! Win! event is still onoing and i was counting on it. But there is no way to get more crowns. Why did I play through all of it to end up having no way to get the last crowns for the Tier 8 CV?

thats crap!

[GN0ME]
[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
15 posts
3,262 battles

there is, wg wants you to pay money...

well, what i'd need is florins. which i could get from the premium containers. dunno about crowns

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,992 posts
Vor 6 Stunden, theVenom sagte:

The Fly! Strike! Win! event is still onoing and i was counting on it.

Reading Patch notes is not a crime...

Zitat

You will be able to obtain Crowns, Florins, and Air Supply containers as rewards for completing Directives and chains of combat missions only during first three weeks of Update 0.8.1.

and also

Zitat

Daily Missions

In Update 0.8.1, during a period from February 28 through March 19, the traditional rewards for completing the Daily Missions chains will be replaced with Crowns and Florins—new temporary resources for the Arsenal. The conditions for completing the chains remain the same:

and of course there were more than enought free Crowns to earn (240 for directives and 120 for daily missions), for Florins it might be different...

Vor 5 Minuten, JoshWebb sagte:

dunno about crowns

you can get up to 150 in the Arsenal for doubloons

• Cool 1

[SFU]
[SFU]
Players
2 posts

Don't know why they bothered adding the  T8 British Carrier into this Event. and to not let everyone know that you would not be given enough time to obtain this CV with in game currency and that its  locked behind a paywall. So much for transparency

• Cool 1

[GN0ME]
[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
15 posts
3,262 battles
On 3/21/2019 at 4:22 AM, Klopirat said:

Reading Patch notes is not a crime...

and also

and of course there were more than enought free Crowns to earn (240 for directives and 120 for daily missions), for Florins it might be different...

you can get up to 150 in the Arsenal for doubloons

good shout, didnt read that. but yeah, as i'm lacking florins (and i played a lot to get the required crowns) i cant reach implacable unless i go for premium containers

Weekend Tester
12 posts
6,020 battles

so that is it for florins and crowns? I have 2,450 florins and 149 crowns... no more fly strike win? I can't see an end fdate just patch speciific details...

[PUPSI]
Players
6,992 posts
Vor 17 Minuten, Armoured_Reaper sagte:

no more fly strike win?

of course not, the first three weeks of update 0.8.1. are over...

Weekend Tester
12 posts
6,020 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 11:29 AM, Amardyl said:

Then that was a complete waste of time, no way you could unlock all three of those carriers without extraordinary effort..

Sign in to follow this