Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Rules of the "Fly! Strike! Win!" Event

68 comments in this topic

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,831 posts
6 minutes ago, Fesvil said:

I'm a bit depressed that they only offer credits for ships you have as some of those you can get are premiums you should be given their full value in doubloons (as it has been before) or am I wrong and this is only for Edinburgh?

It's for all the ships in this event and like it always was.

Ships for missions = Silver (Dreadnought as a recent example)

Ships from containers = Doubloons

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[N0RSE]
Players
111 posts
7,262 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

Ahh, consider myself more wise now. Thanks.

Ain't got the Wang-guard.. so, might try for that... ehh.. :-) 

• Boring 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
2 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Well I got doubloons for Dreadnaught when that event ran

• Boring 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,831 posts
6 godzin temu, Fesvil napisał:

Ahh, consider myself more wise now. Thanks.

Ain't got the Wang-guard.. so, might try for that... ehh.. :-) 

Yeah, for me that's the one ship on the list that isn't in my port yet too.

6 godzin temu, hgbn_dk napisał:

Well I got doubloons for Dreadnaught when that event ran

You did? Are you sure?

Mmmh... I'll need to investigate and read up the past patchnotes. What I wrote above still holds true in general.

• Boring 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

You did? Are you sure?

Mmmh... I'll need to investigate and read up the past patchnotes. What I wrote above still holds true in general.

Why should I lie?

• Boring 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,831 posts
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

Why should I lie?

I just looked and the compensation isn't mentioned in either the patchnotes or the december missions news. Guess I'll have to trust you on this. That makes the Dreadnought an exception though.

• Boring 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
2 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I just looked and the compensation isn't mentioned in either the patchnotes or the december missions news. Guess I'll have to trust you on this. That makes the Dreadnought an exception though.

post No.10

• Boring 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,890 battles
42 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

The PEF marathon also had doubloon compensation if one bought that piece of ship. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered opening my wallet.

It looks like another event where my wallet stays closed. At least I may get a free Hermes out of it...

• Funny 1

[UK]
Players
2 posts
3,118 battles

I have not been in the game that long but I am gaining experience every day, 

I have been slowly working my way up to carriers and was quite looking forward to using them, that was until the carrier update,

I do not claim to be the brightest spark in the match box, but have read many explanations about the carrier updates and can say, the more I read, the more confusing it gets,

Plus it is quite plain to see that since the carrier updates it has had a knock on effect on other ships, to an extent that parts of the game are now becoming boring,

I have read much about the carrier updates both here and on FB and it is quite plain to see many players are not happy with the situation as it stands,

It also seems that the developers are taking no notice of any negative comments being made about the updates and are just carrying on blindly,

As for this event, I would love to try some British carriers, but really is there any point when the developers cant even iron out the bugs with the existing fleet of carriers in the game,

The developers need to slow down there role outs and actually listen to the players rather than just going blindly ahead into a situation where players get fed up and leave.

Just my opinion,

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
499 posts
12,306 battles
8 minutes ago, Dellsa6 said:

It also seems that the developers are taking no notice of any negative comments being made about the updates and are just carrying on blindly

WG don't care what the players want yet everything is done in their name and for their good. How WG do that, nobody knows. :)

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
105 posts
7,271 battles
2 hours ago, Fesvil said:

He he he he.. I love the new CV play, frustrating at times and rewarding, but then I have loads to learn.. Regarding CV's in game, I don't find them to be an issue when playing a DD anymore than before, in fact less so now (as a DD now can actually have a good AA setup without being Grozovoi or Kidd and that the CV can only focus on 1 DD at the time).

have you actually bothered to read the article?

British planes have more HP than their same-tier counterparts, and boosting that advantage will enable you to carry out daring attacks against ships with strong AA defenses

welcome to the CV rework :fish_nerv:

• Funny 2

[AEGIS]
Players
51 posts
4 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

Who would want to spend free XP on a CV? People are selling theirs!

true that, brother.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[N0RSE]
Players
111 posts
7,262 battles
1 hour ago, zmeul said:

have you actually bothered to read the article?

welcome to the CV rework :fish_nerv:

Of course I have, do you know how often you are top tier in T8? less than 10%... so, yeah.. Playing a CV at T8 in a T10 is a mixed bag of pain.. Saipan does ok in T10 due to T10 planes, but Kaga struggles, Enterprise is ok, as is Lexington and Choco... Anyway, CV rework is still in progress. And to be honest, I feel the moaning and wailing has subdued dramatically since it started. So some things WG must do right.. There's still a way to go, auto trigger of consumables is just plain stupid, autopilot is still heavily intoxicated (vodka mode?)... 

Really don't understand all this nonconstructive criticism, if you have an issue with something, explain why (not specifically aimed at anybody, just a general feel for the negativity among a few active voices on the forums)...

Whatever, I just love the new CV's... I guess I'm one of the "few".. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[N0RSE]
Players
111 posts
7,262 battles
13 minutes ago, Zveketalo said:

When this will start?

Bet the 28th of feb..

• Bad 1

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
40 posts
9,562 battles
6 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

Agree - But for those that like playing CV's why not just have the option to "Include" CV's in game or toggle "No" CV's in game - that way you please both sides, seems a simple solution to all your present woes to me?

I had already asked for that option, seems a lot of ppl agree with it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
198 posts
8,649 battles
15 minutes ago, powerverde said:

I had already asked for that option, seems a lot of ppl agree with it.

I certainly don't. The cv rework may still need some more balancing - but for me, it is way better than the old system. In the rts system I pretty much stopped US carriers shortly after working my way to Essex. Didn't bother going any further than Tier 5 with IJN carriers… why, you may ask? Because the higher one got, the more stressful the carrier gameplay became. And the skill gap got so wide to the extent that a highly skillful player in a T10 carrier could single-handedly carry half a match or more.

With the new system the skill gap is a heck of a lot smaller, a ship can no longer get instant deleted by a cv and the gameplay makes me actually want to get to a higher Tier as opposed to the old system where I would only really use Langley for the occasional chuckles.

There are a few things though that should be changed:

- Set the limit for carriers to ONE per team. That's more than enough, even with the supposed "higher demand" for carriers which I don't really see.

- Set Tier difference to a maximum of ONE across ALL Tiers, for ALL ships. All ships would benefit from this; no more Mogamis going up against Des Moines or Montana. No more Gneisenau wondering how to deal with a Kitakaze or Izumo. And no more Tier 6 or Tier 8 carriers wondering how they are supposed to make a dent into Tier 8 / Tier 10 cruisers and battleships. The 1-tier-gap restriction works for low tier, why not apply it to all tiers?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
85 posts
10,375 battles

After reading about this event I have come to the conclusion that this is not for me.

I don't play CVs and I have all the premiumships offered. I could earn the RN CVs and sell them but I already have 215M credits and nothing to spend it on. (I have 21 T10s so all the boxes have been ticked.)

I will just go on playing the normal way and at the end I'll have a look at what I can get. No stress.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles
16 hours ago, Fesvil said:

He he he he.. I love the new CV play, frustrating at times and rewarding, but then I have loads to learn.. Regarding CV's in game, I don't find them to be an issue when playing a DD anymore than before, in fact less so now (as a DD now can actually have a good AA setup without being Grozovoi or Kidd and that the CV can only focus on 1 DD at the time). 

There's about 40-50% of the games I play with CV's in them and I think they add a dimension to the game play that I've missed, before a CV was super dominant, now, not so much, they have an added role which don't pay them much in regards to silver or EXP; scouting, and they don't do absurd amounts of damage like devastating strikes anymore (really hard to get). Anyway, yes they're more frequent in games, but they're also less of a nuisance. The rework require all classes to think a bit differently, which is good, refreshes the game play.

But, this new campaign, collection and containers seems dull, boring and frustrating. However, I do love the dragon flags so I'll probably buy a bundle or two (it also helps with oil for the clan so why not.. :-)). I'm a bit depressed that they only offer credits for ships you have as some of those you can get are premiums you should be given their full value in doubloons (as it has been before) or am I wrong and this is only for Edinburgh? (it says credits only in the article, which is why I'm a bit worried)... @MrConway

-Fesvil

Compensation for the ship missions will be in credits for both tech-tree ships and premiums.

14 hours ago, Dellsa6 said:

I have not been in the game that long but I am gaining experience every day, 

I have been slowly working my way up to carriers and was quite looking forward to using them, that was until the carrier update,

I do not claim to be the brightest spark in the match box, but have read many explanations about the carrier updates and can say, the more I read, the more confusing it gets,

Plus it is quite plain to see that since the carrier updates it has had a knock on effect on other ships, to an extent that parts of the game are now becoming boring,

I have read much about the carrier updates both here and on FB and it is quite plain to see many players are not happy with the situation as it stands,

It also seems that the developers are taking no notice of any negative comments being made about the updates and are just carrying on blindly,

As for this event, I would love to try some British carriers, but really is there any point when the developers cant even iron out the bugs with the existing fleet of carriers in the game,

The developers need to slow down there role outs and actually listen to the players rather than just going blindly ahead into a situation where players get fed up and leave.

Just my opinion,

We are very much listening, even on Facebook :)

• Funny 1

[LIEGE]
Players
14 posts
12 hours ago, Varian_Dorn said:

I certainly don't. The cv rework may still need some more balancing - but for me, it is way better than the old system. In the rts system I pretty much stopped US carriers shortly after working my way to Essex. Didn't bother going any further than Tier 5 with IJN carriers… why, you may ask? Because the higher one got, the more stressful the carrier gameplay became. And the skill gap got so wide to the extent that a highly skillful player in a T10 carrier could single-handedly carry half a match or more.

With the new system the skill gap is a heck of a lot smaller, a ship can no longer get instant deleted by a cv and the gameplay makes me actually want to get to a higher Tier as opposed to the old system where I would only really use Langley for the occasional chuckles.

There are a few things though that should be changed:

- Set the limit for carriers to ONE per team. That's more than enough, even with the supposed "higher demand" for carriers which I don't really see.

- Set Tier difference to a maximum of ONE across ALL Tiers, for ALL ships. All ships would benefit from this; no more Mogamis going up against Des Moines or Montana. No more Gneisenau wondering how to deal with a Kitakaze or Izumo. And no more Tier 6 or Tier 8 carriers wondering how they are supposed to make a dent into Tier 8 / Tier 10 cruisers and battleships. The 1-tier-gap restriction works for low tier, why not apply it to all tiers?

-  Set the limit for carriers to ONE per team. That's more than enough, even with the supposed "higher demand" for carriers which I don't really see.

This.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_VI_]
Players
6 posts
2,991 battles

In the few games i played since last updates ( i dont like the fact that we dont get general premium time rewards but rather only available to WoWs( and im more tank player ) and also totally dislike the cv rework ) i noticed and also couldnt complete the missions to kill aircrafts simply because game after game i dont see a single cv, making me think this last patch is a complete failure and actually very few people enjoy this rework. Actually i seriously consider to abandon this game for good, for this two reasons and some more, like exagerated accuracy of bots in scenarios, completely crap matchmaker that make lower than tier 9 ships very unpleasant to play and so on.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this