Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Rules of the "Fly! Strike! Win!" Event

68 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
105 posts
7,230 battles

very hard nope!

you haven't even finished the fixing of the CV rework and you plan to add new CVs, with new mechanics that will need to get worked on - the people who came up with these ideas need to be evaluated and demoted to position more suited

• Cool 15
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
779 posts
11,848 battles

Why would i bother if its the same thing as the other carriers now? I exchanged all my premium cvs because of it, as they bring nothing new/unique to the table anymore...

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,092 posts
8,476 battles

For the WG emloyees who came up with this fantastic simple event which is easy to understand and clear after the first read:

giphy.gif

• Cool 7
  • Funny 7

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Think question is. Do we have to throw in real money to get all CV bundles? Or is it possible to get enough special currency to obtain all three just by playing?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Most likely 28th otherwise they would have published patch notes by now

[FL4-0]
Players
1,455 posts
7,760 battles

I like the event, I look forward to it!

I think the update will be on the 28th.

• Angry 1

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
40 posts
9,535 battles

How about removing all CVs from the game instead of adding more?

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 5

[_CSR_]
Players
30 posts
4,321 battles

1. Will it be possible to complete the CVs without spending  dubs/real cash?

2. In case a person is "unlucky" and rolls Edinburgh mission, does it come with perma camo (i presume no since didn't notice it mentioned) or is it there just to lower chances of premium missions ?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,964 posts
10,335 battles

How about we don't introduce a new CV line into the game until the current rework balancing phase is over?

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[STARS]
Players
499 posts

You can skip this event altogether and go for the Russian battleships instead. They'll generate much more interest.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

How about we don't introduce a new CV line into the game until the current rework balancing phase is over?

They have to test it on the CV players first. It is an enforced live server test.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[AEGIS]
Players
50 posts
40 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Think question is. Do we have to throw in real money to get all CV bundles? Or is it possible to get enough special currency to obtain all three just by playing?

why would you spend real money to get the british cvs? Just free xp your way to Atrocious. It will cost you less since 6K doubloons is 210K free xp.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
1 minute ago, RNjisus said:

why would you spend real money to get the british cvs? Just free xp your way to Atrocious. It will cost you less since 6K doubloons is 210K free xp.

The same reason I asked, it would be of no interest dishing out money for something you can get for free just by playing

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
1 hour ago, zmeul said:

the people who came up with these ideas need to be evaluated and demoted to position more suited 

I agree. They should be demoted from software developers to testers. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
7 minutes ago, RNjisus said:

Just free xp your way to Atrocious.

Who would want to spend free XP on a CV? People are selling theirs!

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[-TWA-]
Players
877 posts
11,905 battles

Well i guess the only way to keep people interested enough in playing the broken CVs enough to be able to get data to balance them is to bring in more CVs :P

• Funny 3

[LMAO]
Beta Tester
11 posts
1,472 battles

Question:  Do we have to unlock each of the bundles one after the other? Or am I able to just go straight for the Implacable

EDIT: It does actually say in the article, disappointing to say the least but I guess it could never be that easy! :( 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,971 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Salty_Slug sagte:

Question:  Do we have to unlock each of the bundles one after the other? Or am I able to just go straight for the Implacable

Zitat

The bundles with aircraft carriers can be exchanged consecutively, one by one. Each bundle is available only once per account.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,818 posts

How to design ever more complex mission requirements 1.

Ask a Wargaming employee.

Let's see if any of the stuff they tried by itself in the past is missing in this event or if it is combining them all?

• Containers? Check.
  • Special currencies? Check.
  • Directives? Check.
  • Daily Missions? Check.
  • Missions from containers? Check.
  • Consecutive arsenal packages? Check. (will there even be enough earnable non-premium containers (at least 78) to unlock all three?)
  • Purchasable Campaign? ... MIA but we got something else instead...
  • Missions unlocked by consecutive arsenal packages.

Could you please make things a little bit more complex, Wargaming. There are not enough hoops to jump through yet. What new mechanism will you introduce next, just do add it to the above list for single events? :fish_palm:

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[WWGU]
Players
335 posts
7,613 battles

I want to thank you for the article. It actually was clear, to the point, didn't rely on Infographics to get across key points, unlike some (not all) recent articles.

I read this one, with interest, I've got to admit because I do have a bias to RN & Commonwealth and not because I like the new Carrier Game Play. I feel that I understand what the next  "Fly Strike Win" challenge is and how it works.

So +1 for the Article...

I now have got to decide how much to participate in the Challenge and how much I like the new CV Game play. I hope that these carriers don't become nothing but Port Queens in my port.

The jury is still out on the CV rework as far as I am concerned.

I personally liked the Real Time Strategy aspects, I only didn't play it much because the burden that playing a CV placed on the player because of "Team Expectations" - I didn't need the pressure. I play this game to unwind, I don't need the whole team cursing me because "I screwed up".

So to summarise, +1 for this article, not sure about the new carrier game play

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Players
103 posts
1 hour ago, powerverde said:

How about removing all CVs from the game instead of adding more?

Agree - But for those that like playing CV's why not just have the option to "Include" CV's in game or toggle "No" CV's in game - that way you please both sides, seems a simple solution to all your present woes to me?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[N0RSE]
Players
111 posts
7,228 battles
15 minutes ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

Agree - But for those that like playing CV's why not just have the option to "Include" CV's in game or toggle "No" CV's in game - that way you please both sides, seems a simple solution to all your present woes to me?

He he he he.. I love the new CV play, frustrating at times and rewarding, but then I have loads to learn.. Regarding CV's in game, I don't find them to be an issue when playing a DD anymore than before, in fact less so now (as a DD now can actually have a good AA setup without being Grozovoi or Kidd and that the CV can only focus on 1 DD at the time). 

There's about 40-50% of the games I play with CV's in them and I think they add a dimension to the game play that I've missed, before a CV was super dominant, now, not so much, they have an added role which don't pay them much in regards to silver or EXP; scouting, and they don't do absurd amounts of damage like devastating strikes anymore (really hard to get). Anyway, yes they're more frequent in games, but they're also less of a nuisance. The rework require all classes to think a bit differently, which is good, refreshes the game play.

But, this new campaign, collection and containers seems dull, boring and frustrating. However, I do love the dragon flags so I'll probably buy a bundle or two (it also helps with oil for the clan so why not.. :-)). I'm a bit depressed that they only offer credits for ships you have as some of those you can get are premiums you should be given their full value in doubloons (as it has been before) or am I wrong and this is only for Edinburgh? (it says credits only in the article, which is why I'm a bit worried)... @MrConway

-Fesvil

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Sign in to follow this