You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_TinPan_

Stop the Microscamming with Flags and Camos

26 comments in this topic

Players
153 posts
15,508 battles

It is a constant offense to me that WG has implemented the auto replenish function for flags/camos with doubloons as default. If you don´t check every ship for that you get scammed.

Change this to a CHOICE. If you want that option YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE IT. Default settings have to be NOT to replenish goods  for real money.

WG you are so good in making the game worse but you always get better to draw money from your customers. Be sure that I don´t put money on that game ever more. This has become WoT on water...

• Cool 14
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
5 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

It is a constant offense to me that WG has implemented the auto replenish function for flags/camos with doubloons as default. If you don´t check every ship for that you get scammed.

Change this to a CHOICE. If you want that option YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE IT. Default settings have to be NOT to replenish goods  for real money.

WG you are so good in making the game worse but you always get better to draw money from your customers. Be sure that I don´t put money on that game ever more. This has become WoT on water...

Much worse is random 'free xp convert' window that just pops up unexpectedly with maximum number of doubloons ready to get converted...

• Cool 6
  • Funny 4

Players
3,032 posts
7,148 battles
8 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Much worse is random 'free xp convert' window that just pops up unexpectedly with maximum number of doubloons ready to get converted...

Ah yes, had such a thing a couple times myself.

It usually happens due to either me getting impatient with the laggy ui (and you need a loooot of patience with this laggy ui nowdays) or when I click something too fast for the laggy ui.

And then I click it away as gentily as walking backwards out of a minefield again....sloooooooowly. And accurately :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
181 posts
6,509 battles

Some will tell you it's your fault and you should pay more attention.

I agree with this, and you are not the first to complain about it.

Cheeky WG!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
18 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Ah yes, had such a thing a couple times myself.

It usually happens due to either me getting impatient with the laggy ui (and you need a loooot of patience with this laggy ui nowdays) or when I click something too fast for the laggy ui.

Had that thought as well but it is not the case. Twice observed it when game had sudden brainfart. Once, when I was mounting signals and was waiting - patiently - for signal to appear on the ship. And then - low and behold - I'm in dire need of more free XP...

Second time I was filtering ships in the port when battle ended and again - was waiting patiently for filters to work - boom! I - obviously - am too short on free XP...

But it comes as no surprise. All WG products are consumer friendly...

And then I click it away as gentily as walking backwards out of a minefield again....sloooooooowly. And accurately :Smile_hiding:

Made me laugh here. :Smile_medal:

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
5 hours ago, _TinPan_ said:

Just to step in here and clarify.

The tickbox to "Resupply using in-game currency" is always turned off by default, you have to specifically toggle it on.

In addition we changed the functionality so you can only have items that are available for doubloons, or items that are available for credits selected to auto-resupply. We changed this based on feedback to make sure no accidental purchases happen.

• Cool 8

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Just to step in here and clarify.

The tickbox to "Resupply using in-game currency" is always turned off by default, you have to specifically toggle it on.

In addition we changed the functionality so you can only have items that are available for doubloons, or items that are available for credits selected to auto-resupply. We changed this based on feedback to make sure no accidental purchases happen.

Guess it is time to eat my hat (or other choice of apparel - I'm not picky).

My apologies - I was wrong, the option is indeed toggled on automatically when changing the automatic resupply option.

This functionality is one that we have already worked on in the past and I'll make  sure to pass on feedback regarding the automatic toggle.

Our intention is to make the features user-friendly, not to cause anyone to unintentionally spend doubloons.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 4

[HOB]
1,311 posts
5,813 battles
13 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Our intention is to make the features user-friendly, not to cause anyone to unintentionally spend doubloons.

Could you send feedback about FXP convertion? Now missclick and "Enter" is enough to remove all doubloons.

And is it possible to return flag, if it was only mounted, but not used? (support - undo operation "Equal Speed for 16 db" )

FXP convertion is reversible if FXP is not used?

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,716 posts
9,928 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

I saw that response and immediately went on to search for the John Cena meme:

Sadly the thread got locked before I could post, but good thing it reopened with the correction:

24 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Guess it is time to eat my hat (or other choice of apparel - I'm not picky).

My apologies - I was wrong, the option is indeed toggled on automatically when changing the automatic resupply option.

So I get to post it anyway after I took my time to search for a halfway decent version of the meme.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
37 minutes ago, MrConway said:

(...)

I support that 100%!

Let me quote myself now:

5 hours ago, Skyllon said:

And ask:

what can we do about that?

• Cool 1

[HOB]
1,311 posts
5,813 battles
16 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

I support that 100%!

Let me quote myself now:

And ask:

what can we do about that?

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/22943/

image.png.277b7f170d7c573fc0c38e4ed69f2550.png

I think you can simply reverse operation via support. If not possible, focus on "wrong amonut" - you wanted convert 1 doubloon, not all.

Most important - do not use extra FXP if you made wrong convertion.

Few days ago I reversed 360 days of premium for 12.000 db (was for a half price). But all time I had more than 360 days.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
1 hour ago, Silentraz said:

Could you send feedback about FXP convertion? Now missclick and "Enter" is enough to remove all doubloons.

And is it possible to return flag, if it was only mounted, but not used? (support - undo operation "Equal Speed for 16 db" )

FXP convertion is reversible if FXP is not used?

Can do, but its not an issue I have really heard addressed or noticed before.

In the unlikely event you do this, we can also generally reverse most in-game operations if you send a ticket to customer support right away.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,469 posts
4,545 battles
6 hours ago, _TinPan_ said:

And the topic is sooo important that you have an identical thread in the german forum?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[TRID]
Players
85 posts
3,850 battles

I spent doubloons automatically once on a ship I hadn't played in a long time (before resupply for credits was a thing) and the auto resupply ticked for consumables. Didn't notice I had ran out of said consumable or that it was set to resupply for doubloons rather than credits. That sucked, but it made me make sure to check all my other ships were set to resupply for credits after that before I clicked battle.

Players
153 posts
15,508 battles
49 minutes ago, Arakus said:

And the topic is sooo important that you have an identical thread in the german forum?

Is your question sooo important, that you have to post it in both forums, english and german?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[SM0KE]
Players
2,629 posts
6,474 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

As long as *anything* defaults to the de facto 'spend real money' option, I hope you'll forgive a certain amount of skepticism apropos WG's motives here?

If one is reasonably awake and concentrating, it's perfectly simple to not spend money (via doubloons, in this case) when one doesn't want to; 'reasonably awake and concentrating' doesn't exactly accurately describe a lot of gamers a lot of the time though - this is supposed to be a leisure activity, after all.

Until/unless it is only possible to spend money in the form of doubloons via a conscious positive choice (i.e. requiring opt-in, rather than opt-out), I'll remain rather disinclined to give WG the benefit of the doubt on this...

• Cool 5

[TIPC]
Players
389 posts
17,301 battles
On 2/19/2019 at 5:48 PM, MrConway said:

Can do, but its not an issue I have really heard addressed or noticed before.

yea its a real issue..also a real issue is the super laggy UI especially after the hotfixes has gone to another level of laggynes. Now has promoted to  ultra high laggy

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
11 hours ago, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

yea its a real issue..also a real issue is the super laggy UI especially after the hotfixes has gone to another level of laggynes. Now has promoted to  ultra high laggy

There should be an improvement for the responsiveness coming in 0.8.1, please let me know how it is after the update!

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
389 posts
17,301 battles
10 hours ago, MrConway said:

There should be an improvement for the responsiveness coming in 0.8.1, please let me know how it is after the update!

Nice to hear that :Smile_smile: Thank you!

Players
153 posts
15,508 battles
21 hours ago, MrConway said:

Thank you for listening MrConway.

[0RCA]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
257 posts
5,366 battles

WG customer support...Sure

Been that way before,  they sure care for us.

[TIPC]
Players
389 posts
17,301 battles
On 2/21/2019 at 5:54 PM, MrConway said:

you were trolling right??:Smile_trollface:ok tell me that was a joke and maybe i will laugh..

i believe you should stop adding more ships and features to the game and put all your efforts in the servers or the game engine itself..something is really wrong with the platform in the last 2-3 months

Players
3,032 posts
7,148 battles
9 hours ago, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

something is really wrong with the platform

This I agree with.

The lag spikes are still there and it makes me very grumpy while in game.

I was playing in a div last evening (some recreational Narai with some of the boyz) and it was like me wanting to type to them that I needed to switch ships and after 1 1/2 words the cursor would disappear, windows loading circle thingy appeared and the screen turned white-ish as if the program was locking up, screen turning black completely for up to 10 seconds or more, iirc there were also some flashes somewhere in the mix, these lag spikes are like 20 seconds of having to wait for the lag spike to end.

And then I noticed not all words I had typed were actually types so I had to re-set the cursor in the text field so I could quickly finish the sentence before the next lag spike hits...oh crap too late. Here we go again! :Smile_facepalm:another lag spike and me having to wait 20 seconds or so (I'd not be surprised if this was even longer) so I'm literally busy for a full minute, just to tell my div mates that I need a couple seconds (ha ha) to get my next ship ready. And then I get the question of what is keeping me :fish_book: (which of course is also delayed to arrive at my client due to all the lockups).

And by that time I haven't even selected my bloody ship yet! :Smile-angry::Smile_facepalm:

@ForlornSailor @DFens_666 @BlackYeti

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
153 posts
15,508 battles
On 3/1/2019 at 9:47 AM, NothingButTheRain said:

This I agree with.

The lag spikes are still there and it makes me very grumpy while in game.

I was playing in a div last evening (some recreational Narai with some of the boyz) and it was like me wanting to type to them that I needed to switch ships and after 1 1/2 words the cursor would disappear, windows loading circle thingy appeared and the screen turned white-ish as if the program was locking up, screen turning black completely for up to 10 seconds or more, iirc there were also some flashes somewhere in the mix, these lag spikes are like 20 seconds of having to wait for the lag spike to end.

And then I noticed not all words I had typed were actually types so I had to re-set the cursor in the text field so I could quickly finish the sentence before the next lag spike hits...oh crap too late. Here we go again! :Smile_facepalm:another lag spike and me having to wait 20 seconds or so (I'd not be surprised if this was even longer) so I'm literally busy for a full minute, just to tell my div mates that I need a couple seconds (ha ha) to get my next ship ready. And then I get the question of what is keeping me :fish_book: (which of course is also delayed to arrive at my client due to all the lockups).

And by that time I haven't even selected my bloody ship yet! :Smile-angry::Smile_facepalm:

@ForlornSailor @DFens_666 @BlackYeti

Things go a little bit off topic it seems...  ;-)