You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralDing3Ling

Why cant certain ships not win games?

47 comments in this topic

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles

Im actualy extremely angry right now. For the past 3 month or so Ive played less and less because I keep getting so extremely frustrated every time I log in that I just cant win games. No matter how well I do, no matter how much I play for the team, how much I try and cap, do objectives, do good damage. My team just y0l0s and dies, no matter what, game after game after game.

Ive barely spent any money on the game at all, except for premium time, simply because Im noy enjoying it. Theres no way for me to counter this, I just cant win. And it seems like certain ships are 100% completely incapable of winning no matter how well I do.

My Worcester is one of those ships, that ship is just an auto loss no matter how well I do. I have some of my highest xp games in that ship and it just loses and loses and loses. Same thing with my Lexington that Im now desperately trying to lose my way to tier 10. I did awfully with it at first but now Im getting the hang of it and doing 100k+ damage in equal tier games and around 60-70 in T10 games. Usually together with between 50k-100k spotting damage. Yet I lose and I lose and I lose. My Lexington is now at a staggering 36% winrate. While the enemy carrier does way worse but yet he gets to win.

Im sick of this, Im so utterly sick of this WG. It isnt fun to constantly log in and lose and lose. I know when Im playing badly and when I deserve to lose and that is fine, but when I do well I do not deserve to have a 36% winrate.

Im aware Ive written about this in threads before, I am aware Ive raged about it. Hell Ive left 2 clans because of it. But this has to stop, I want an official WG answer to how you are manipulating the matchmaking because THIS DOESNT MAKE SENSE. Im not playing that badly, Im not doing that bad, I do not deserve to constantly being put in the suicide teams and it doesnt make mathematical sense that this is random, not after 3 months.

Im gonna give this a few more days and then Im sorry to say but Im gonna look elsewhere, because this simply isnt fun, its stressing me out and its making me incredibly angry every time I start the game.

• Cool 3

[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

because this simply isnt fun, its stressing me out and its making me incredibly angry every time I start the game.

...so why even wait? Games are supposed to be, you know, fun... what are you still doing here?

As for your actual whine (and yes I will call it that because I know the drivel you've posted before and how resistant you are to arguments that dont suit your personal narrative) - ever heard of this thing called sample size? Your Lexi winrate would have been over 50% if you had won three more of your games. Three. That is easily within utterly random variation.

• Cool 6

[BFS]
Beta Tester
420 posts

Kind of agree, the game is not really fun, it's just downright boring and tedious.... Why we are here.... well, our friends.

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles
12 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

...so why even wait? Games are supposed to be, you know, fun... what are you still doing here?

As for your actual whine (and yes I will call it that because I know the drivel you've posted before and how resistant you are to arguments that dont suit your personal narrative) - ever heard of this thing called sample size? Your Lexi winrate would have been over 50% if you had won three more of your games. Three. That is easily within utterly random variation.

Because I love the game with all my heart. I just really despise the matchmaking. I just hate that I have to work SO INCREDIBLY hard to get ONE win while some people who definately dont deserve it just gets to win all the time.

I mean we all have losingstreaks dont we, and we all have winningstreaks. And sure I do have days where I win a lot, but it seems to be a trend that we get roflstomped and Im top in my team having worked a sweat to try and carry the team. It just isnt fair.

And the funny thing about it is that I have a near 100% winrate in ranked. Its just randoms I cant win.

Seriously, Id rather get oneshotted and do 10-20k damage per game and lose, because then I could atleast blame myself. But working so hard and the teams just suicides it is so INCREDIBLY frustrating.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles
9 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

And sure I do have days where I win a lot, but it seems to be a trend that we get roflstomped and Im top in my team having worked a sweat to try and carry the team. It just isnt fair.

that's human perception for you...

And I'll give you that in certain ships you do seem to have a lower winrate than your damage would suggest, but that can be due to any combination of factors like small sample size, or poor positioning and target selection on your part making your damage less relevant than it could be (like just spamming BBs from behind islands in a Worcester - not saying you're definitely doing that all the time, in fact I have no idea because I havent seen you play, but that'd be consistent with your stats just as much as your "WG is out to get me" conspiracy theory and survives Occam's Razor a lot better...)

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles

First: What Tyrendian and Garrus said.

Then:

33 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

My Worcester is one of those ships, that ship is just an auto loss no matter how well I do.

Worcester is one of those ships, that can easily lead you to a "high damage - low impact" gamestyle. Its tempting to just spam BBs from behind and island and giggle about the damage. It will not help your team win tho. So this is target selection and positioning.

Edit: omg @Tyrendian89 you literally wrote the same as I did with your last post. I only read yours after I posted mine :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
4,355 posts
6,233 battles
18 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

while some people who definately dont deserve it just gets to win all the time.

I sometimes think that about the 9 random idiots on my team when our 3x division is hardcarrying their asses to a victory :cap_old: Having 300-400k damage and like11 kills with 3 guys you start to think "Wtf are those **** doing?"

Do they deserve a win? Certainly not... cant change that however.

How to change your WR? Ive told you several times, but you dont seem to get it ->

16 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

div up with friends/clanmates.

This.

You win more, you have more fun playing together. I cant understand why you arent doing it? Atleast we wouldnt need to read your rage/whine threads once in a while :cap_haloween:

Ever thought that you reached your skill ceiling? You are constantly bouncing around ~56,x%WR. Despite you claiming you are losing all the time, you are still winning more than half (you arent losing WR really).
Also i dont think your damage numbers on T10 arent justifying a much higher WR - just saying. T10 is dragging you down.

A lot of people have told you what you can change -> you ignore it. You are focusing on high damage games which you lost. Its actually quite likely to lose a game where you deal tons of damage if its a slow but steady process to lose. Ive had many 200k+ games which i lost (including my best damage game so far). Play in a division, and you can win those games, but you will deal less damage eventually.

• Cool 1

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles
7 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

that's human perception for you...

And I'll give you that in certain ships you do seem to have a lower winrate than your damage would suggest, but that can be due to any combination of factors like small sample size, or poor positioning and target selection on your part making your damage less relevant than it could be (like just spamming BBs from behind islands in a Worcester - not saying you're definitely doing that all the time, in fact I have no idea because I havent seen you play, but that'd be consistent with your stats just as much as your "WG is out to get me" conspiracy theory and survives Occam's Razor a lot better...)

Believe me I dont. Ive played this game enough in CBs, ranked and in random battles to consider myself a pretty decent player. I know how to pick targets and Im fully aware that farming BBs isnt gonna win games. And Im not really talking about damage when I say I do well. Believe me I know what it means to do well. I also know that a big contributing factor to winning random games is getting an early game impact. Unfortunately that is something a CL or a CV (in the rework) cannot do. That is why I tend to have a much higher winrate in DDs. The only issue I have with that and especially with CVs is that I can be top on my team on XP and lose, while the enemy CV is at the bottom, or atleast bottom half of the team. Doesnt that mean that I atleast did better than him but still I lost and he got to win?

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I sometimes think that about the 9 random idiots on my team when our 3x division is hardcarrying their asses to a victory :cap_old: Having 300-400k damage and like11 kills with 3 guys you start to think "Wtf are those **** doing?"

Do they deserve a win? Certainly not... cant change that however.

How to change your WR? Ive told you several times, but you dont seem to get it ->

This.

You win more, you have more fun playing together. I cant understand why you arent doing it? Atleast we wouldnt need to read your rage/whine threads once in a while :cap_haloween:

Ever thought that you reached your skill ceiling? You are constantly bouncing around ~56,x%WR. Despite you claiming you are losing all the time, you are still winning more than half (you arent losing WR really).
Also i dont think your damage numbers on T10 arent justifying a much higher WR - just saying. T10 is dragging you down.

A lot of people have told you what you can change -> you ignore it. You are focusing on high damage games which you lost. Its actually quite likely to lose a game where you deal tons of damage if its a slow but steady process to lose. Ive had many 200k+ games which i lost (including my best damage game so far). Play in a division, and you can win those games, but you will deal less damage eventually.

I would division up more if there were more skilled people online in my current clan when Im playing, which there rarely is.

I left my old clan because I figured itd be better to play alone for a bit and not worry about WR. I raged so much to the clan that I figured theyd be better off without me. 

Then these guys invited me and I figured I could use the bonuses so thats why Im here.

The thing with the skillsealing theory is that. It isnt consistant. If I play 10 games and I win 6 and lose 4, on average thatd be completely understandable. But that isnt how it works. It bounces up and down from day to day like a yoyo despite playing the same ships. One day I have a 70-80% WR and the next day I have a 20-30% WR.

The winrates I have on ships like GK, Worcester or Lexington also isnt representable to how well I play these ships. Im not a master in either but Im not bad enough to warrant such a hilariously low WR. I have ships I do insanly well with more or less every time I play them. Like the JB, still under 50% winrate. While I with ships I constantly do badly in and that doesnt work at all for me I have 80% WR with. Just doesnt make sense.

It still also doesnt make sense that there is such a vast disparity in ranked compared to random. I can take my Missouri into ranked and win 5 games in a row, and then go out and play random and lose 5 games in a row. I mean look at my ranked WR this season, except for the first 2-3 y0l0 games I havent lost a single game.

Noone has told me what I should change btw. Except for playing in divisions which shouldnt be necessary. Youre telling me to play for objectives and not damage farm, yet I am already doing that, Im not damage farming. But you wont believe me because you want this to be my fault. Feel free to division with me thou, and you can see how I play and then explain to me why I lose.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
673 posts
3,877 battles

I tend to play the ships I have a "click"  with more often than others. Maybe the Worcester isn't a ship that suits you the most. I have that with the fletcher, amazing ship but I can't do well in her. 

So when I sail the fletcher I don't expect to win and my only goal is to improve my skill set. Then I move back to other ships. 

• Cool 1

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
113 posts
2,709 battles

It seems to be a problem with Damage Over Time ships (US Cruisers, Brit BB, CVs) - they need a long slow game in order to positively affect the result. 

Also, as they need to stay either hidden or dictate engagements, they need vision from DDs or friendly close quarters boats.

As you're steadily racking up damage, you're relying on those DDs and CQC boats to be knocking great lumps out of things... Which means relying on random teams...

The high damage becomes a bit of an illusion because you're probably one of the last left alive and so have longer in play to do so.

This isn't a criticism of you, just an observation based on me playing mostly British BBs, and having rubbish to meh WR, but relatively high average damage compared with other nation at tier.

• Cool 1

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles
1 minute ago, Linkaex said:

I tend to play the ships I have a "click"  with more often than others. Maybe the Worcester isn't a ship that suits you the most. I have that with the fletcher, amazing ship but I can't do well in her. 

So when I sail the fletcher I don't expect to win and my only goal is to improve my skill set. Then I move back to other ships. 

Problem is that I do well in it but my teams dont. That is exactly why I made this thread, and that is why its so frustrating. If I played badly I could learn, but I cant teach my team how to not suicide.

Funny thing is when looking at stats. The first ships I unlocked, like the NC which was my first T8. And the Alabama which was my first T8 premium. Benson and Fletcher which were my first high tier DDs. They all have way higher WR than the ships I got more recently. Have I gotten worse the more I play?

[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

If I play 10 games and I win 6 and lose 4, on average thatd be completely understandable. But that isnt how it works.

true, winning 6 and losing 4 out of 10 matches every day is decidedly NOT how the world works. This is how it works:

It bounces up and down from day to day like a yoyo despite playing the same ships. One day I have a 70-80% WR and the next day I have a 20-30% WR.

That's simply the way it is. Random variation. You'll only get something approaching a consistent picture of "what you deserve to get" in terms of winrate over hundreds and hundreds of games.

• Cool 1

Players
607 posts
7,330 battles
19 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Because all ships are good at something which can be exploited.

And some ships are driven by potatoes.

On good days I a not surprised in a game. I expect that blind launch past that island and know where to expect to find enemy ships. On those days when I am tired and distracted all of these things are surprises and I play much worse as a consequence. The OP should factor in how well they were playing on a day before they decide what is at fault. 

• Cool 1

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles
6 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

It seems to be a problem with Damage Over Time ships (US Cruisers, Brit BB, CVs) - they need a long slow game in order to positively affect the result. 

Also, as they need to stay either hidden or dictate engagements, they need vision from DDs or friendly close quarters boats.

As you're steadily racking up damage, you're relying on those DDs and CQC boats to be knocking great lumps out of things... Which means relying on random teams...

The high damage becomes a bit of an illusion because you're probably one of the last left alive and so have longer in play to do so.

This isn't a criticism of you, just an observation based on me playing mostly British BBs, and having rubbish to meh WR, but relatively high average damage compared with other nation at tier.

I am fully aware. Most high damage games comes from defeats because you tend to rack up a lot of damage before you get killed.

Still not the issue, infact in most defeats you can see that itll be a defeat within the first few minutes. All DDs go in and die. And then ship after ship steams forwards like bots do and dies one after eachother. Its like my teams are doing everything in their power to lose.

Once again Im fine with two teams fighting eachother and after a long hard struggle one team prevails. And if I havent played well enough my team loses. Im fine with that but that isnt whats happening. Whats happening is that I constantly end up with a team filled with suiciding morons (sorry for the language). No matter how well I play, no matter how much I can hold a push, how much I can lock down a cap, I just see how my teams ships just vanishes one after another. They rush in and die, they take all the torps they possibly can. Its like they want to lose.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,355 posts
6,233 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

The only issue I have with that and especially with CVs is that I can be top on my team on XP and lose, while the enemy CV is at the bottom, or atleast bottom half of the team. Doesnt that mean that I atleast did better than him but still I lost and he got to win?

What?

Ok, so you did better than the enemy CV, so you demand to win. What if in a 1 DD game, the losing sides DD is top XP earner and on the winning team are you and lets say you detonated right at the start of the game (this is hypotetical). Would you say "Ah screw the what the other 22! players did in the game, the enemy DD did better than I, so they deserve to win"

Where does it end? Can a BB demand the same? Or a Cruiser? Or arent they allowed to demand that since there are several of them in one match, and only CV can claim that?

2 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

The winrates I have on ships like GK, Worcester or Lexington also isnt representable to how well I play these ships. Im not a master in either but Im not bad enough to warrant such a hilariously low WR. I have ships I do insanly well with more or less every time I play them. Like the JB, still under 50% winrate. While I with ships I constantly do badly in and that doesnt work at all for me I have 80% WR with. Just doesnt make sense. 

GK -> ive had a worse WR than you, while dealing more damage... thats even playing WITH divisions most of the time. Im just moving out of that whole. crap happens, even when playing divisions. So if you play solo, crap will happen MUCH more often, since you just cant have that much influence.

Worcester / Lexi -> same, your sample size is just not high enough.

*tinfoil hat on* sometimes i feel, that you get those ships you will win even you play badly, and on the other hand you have ships that you can have godlike results and you will still lose. Ive had those ships aswell, but at around ~30 games it starts to become normal. Like the GK, first 20-30 games were absolute horror, but after that i started to win while doing the same stuff. Had some other ships like that aswell (Fuso, Nagato). NC is the other spectrum, ive had some awesome games which i won, but my worst game was like 6k damage only and i won that aswell :Smile_teethhappy: Sometimes you just win *tinfoil hat off*

10 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

It still also doesnt make sense that there is such a vast disparity in ranked compared to random. I can take my Missouri into ranked and win 5 games in a row, and then go out and play random and lose 5 games in a row. I mean look at my ranked WR this season, except for the first 2-3 y0l0 games I havent lost a single game.

Sure it does make sense. There are only half the players in Ranked than in random, so your personal contribution matters much more. Also, since you arent playing that much ranked, you are mostly playing in the lower ranks where worse players are. Sure you should beat those. (i wouldnt even think about Ranked sprint tho... that didnt mean much imo)

Noone has told me what I should change btw. Except for playing in divisions which shouldnt be necessary. Youre telling me to play for objectives and not damage farm, yet I am already doing that, Im not damage farming. But you wont believe me because you want this to be my fault. Feel free to division with me thou, and you can see how I play and then explain to me why I lose.

1. Yes, it should be necessary to play in divisions if you want to win more. 3 guys have more influence on the game than 1, because if they are good, thats the obvious reason, and ofc because they play together.

2. I havent judged you on damage farming - others did and its always a possibility because we dont know that. But its a possibility.

3. If you are raging at your division mates, i rather pass :Smile_teethhappy: In response to your first sentence -> go look for another clan then? But if you are raging that much, noone will want to play with you (if you blame them that is).

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Problem is that I do well in it but my teams dont.

25 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

I left my old clan because I figured itd be better to play alone for a bit and not worry about WR. I raged so much to the clan that I figured theyd be better off without me. 

35 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

I can be top on my team on XP and lose, while the enemy CV is at the bottom, or atleast bottom half of the team. Doesnt that mean that I atleast did better than him but still I lost and he got to win?

You are focusing too much on external factors. You cant influence them either way. Stop looking at how the others perform and dont look at them as a reason, why you lose games. I know, this is easier said then done, since we all tend to do it. But - you also said here quite a few times, that you are a decent player and know your stuff. Yea, sure, your stats clearly show you know what you are doing. But there is always room for improvement. So why dont you stop let external factors bother you and you focus on your game? Analyse what you are doing and what you can do better. I say this without any intend to personal attack you because this counts for me as much as for you. All I can tell you is this: I did rage at my team constantly, I used the chat to flame people, I even was pissed about the performance of some newbs after I shut down the game. Then I realized: you know what? It aint gonna help me. So I focused on myself. Trying to do my sh!t better, even when I thought "im already good and its the other peoples fault I keep losing". My Winrate is on a steady rise since I checked my attitude. And I still check it every game. I also use the chat to try to interact with my team in a positive way. Why? Because there is almost all the time atleast 1 guy, that will respond to constructive talk. But nobody exept the trolls will respond, if you act like a troll yourself. Everything starts with yourself.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
4,355 posts
6,233 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Still not the issue, infact in most defeats you can see that itll be a defeat within the first few minutes. All DDs go in and die. And then ship after ship steams forwards like bots do and dies one after eachother. Its like my teams are doing everything in their power to lose.

Thats why you have to play in a division, just an example from not too long ago:

We played 3x division BB/CA/DD T7. We had a good advantage early on, and it was Standard Battle. Suddenly our team goes like "must win harder" and they start yoloing 1 by 1. Suddenly we were 4vs7, but the 4th was actually AFK, so it was only 3vs7. We still won it, because the enemies were really bad. So if it werent for us, it would have been a loss, only 3 guys could save this, by playing smart and well together.

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

true, winning 6 and losing 4 out of 10 matches every day is decidedly NOT how the world works. This is how it works:

That's simply the way it is. Random variation. You'll only get something approaching a consistent picture of "what you deserve to get" in terms of winrate over hundreds and hundreds of games.

Not really what I ment. I ment that the whole "you win some and you lose some" randomness isnt present in my games. Its you either win every single game no matter how badly you play or you lose all games you play no matter how good you play. And yes I am aware that the stats doesnt show 100% winrate and 0% winrate. Theres always a few games where something happens. But the point is that the losing days I have to work insanly hard to win the few times I get to win. When the next day 10 wins will be given to me without having to even participate. THAT is what doesnt make sense.

6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

What?

Ok, so you did better than the enemy CV, so you demand to win. What if in a 1 DD game, the losing sides DD is top XP earner and on the winning team are you and lets say you detonated right at the start of the game (this is hypotetical). Would you say "Ah screw the what the other 22! players did in the game, the enemy DD did better than I, so they deserve to win"

Where does it end? Can a BB demand the same? Or a Cruiser? Or arent they allowed to demand that since there are several of them in one match, and only CV can claim that?

GK -> ive had a worse WR than you, while dealing more damage... thats even playing WITH divisions most of the time. Im just moving out of that whole. crap happens, even when playing divisions. So if you play solo, crap will happen MUCH more often, since you just cant have that much influence.

Worcester / Lexi -> same, your sample size is just not high enough.

*tinfoil hat on* sometimes i feel, that you get those ships you will win even you play badly, and on the other hand you have ships that you can have godlike results and you will still lose. Ive had those ships aswell, but at around ~30 games it starts to become normal. Like the GK, first 20-30 games were absolute horror, but after that i started to win while doing the same stuff. Had some other ships like that aswell (Fuso, Nagato). NC is the other spectrum, ive had some awesome games which i won, but my worst game was like 6k damage only and i won that aswell :Smile_teethhappy: Sometimes you just win *tinfoil hat off*

Sure it does make sense. There are only half the players in Ranked than in random, so your personal contribution matters much more. Also, since you arent playing that much ranked, you are mostly playing in the lower ranks where worse players are. Sure you should beat those. (i wouldnt even think about Ranked sprint tho... that didnt mean much imo)

1. Yes, it should be necessary to play in divisions if you want to win more. 3 guys have more influence on the game than 1, because if they are good, thats the obvious reason, and ofc because they play together.

2. I havent judged you on damage farming - others did and its always a possibility because we dont know that. But its a possibility.

3. If you are raging at your division mates, i rather pass :Smile_teethhappy: In response to your first sentence -> go look for another clan then? But if you are raging that much, noone will want to play with you (if you blame them that is).

No but if I constantly every game do better than the opposing CV and still lose how is that fair? My point is that if this happens every game then me losing isnt up to me, its up to my team. So why then am I put in the worse team 70% of my games with a certain ship?

The thing is my winrate is in a steady decline. I was up to around 58% 6 months ago or so, Im now almost down to 55%. Yet my PR, Average XP and average damage are all going up.

[-SOG-]
Players
116 posts
1,872 battles

In my experience, 3 decent players can have an absolutely major influence on the result of a match. I've taken data and crunched it (and unfortunately lost it because I deleted the folder, but plan on doing it again and publishing it) correlating matchmaking with player skill. My conclusions are the following (and WG staff could correct me if I am wrong):

- Matchmaking is not skill-based whatsoever. You'll often find super-unicum teams paired with potato teams. Or two potato teams paired with each other. Or two super-unicum teams. It's all over the place. The thing that MM wants is to pair up ships that are either similar or exactly the same, and if it doesn't find that, it will go for the next similar thing: The tier.

- You'll often have at least one unicum player on your team, but that has nothing to do with a matchmaking algorithm. It's just luck of the draw. And if you are also unicum, you have two unicum players in the team, capable of carrying a match a little bit.

- One of the best ways to maximize your chances of winning is to division with another very solid player and each of you do your thing as best you can. Divisioning with two players forces matchmaking to put the three of you into a match. Imagine the power of 3 super-unicums or even 2 super-unicums with a sold player who scores decently (top 5 or top 3 in team score) regularly while solo but doesn't have stellar matches all the time!

This is why people are advising you to division. It's also why I started a clan and built an active, friendly community of players who want to grow and nourish their talents. And if you potato a match, or get so many potatoes that it leads to an otherwise frustrating match, you have company and can laugh together at it. Voice chat makes it 5x more fun. Trust me!

Edited to add: Good CV players make good divisionmates. They can focus down targets and mercilessly rip them to shreds from the sky without suffering a single point of HP loss to counterplay. Who wouldn't want that in their division?!

• Cool 2

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles
5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You are focusing too much on external factors. You cant influence them either way. Stop looking at how the others perform and dont look at them as a reason, why you lose games. I know, this is easier said then done, since we all tend to do it. But - you also said here quite a few times, that you are a decent player and know your stuff. Yea, sure, your stats clearly show you know what you are doing. But there is always room for improvement. So why dont you stop let external factors bother you and you focus on your game? Analyse what you are doing and what you can do better. I say this without any intend to personal attack you because this counts for me as much as for you. All I can tell you is this: I did rage at my team constantly, I used the chat to flame people, I even was pissed about the performance of some newbs after I shut down the game. Then I realized: you know what? It aint gonna help me. So I focused on myself. Trying to do my sh!t better, even when I thought "im already good and its the other peoples fault I keep losing". My Winrate is on a steady rise since I checked my attitude. And I still check it every game. I also use the chat to try to interact with my team in a positive way. Why? Because there is almost all the time atleast 1 guy, that will respond to constructive talk. But nobody exept the trolls will respond, if you act like a troll yourself. Everything starts with yourself.

I know Ive tried that and when Im in a good mood it does help. But after a while it becomes so extremely frustrating.

I dont know. As I said I love this game, I do. But the matchmaking is so extremely frustrating that I have barely played anything lately. I just cant bring myself to log in anymore and its such a shame. I honestly wish I could stop getting so angry and not focus on WR but I guess Im just a naturally competitive person.

But Im gonna take what you said to heart because it actualy helped, so thank you for that. Gonna try it anew tomorrow and see if I can enjoy it more. Thank you.

Anyways last reply for me tonight. Hopefully other people who are just as frustrated as me can read this aswell and maybe get some pointers. Cause I know these people are around.

• Cool 1

Players
842 posts
8,520 battles
6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Analyse what you are doing and what you can do better.

@AdmiralDing3Ling ^ take note

I used to watch I_AM_LULU_SNAIL play on twitch. Something that I learned was that he never raged. He always talked about what he could have done better during his play. Even when dealt sh!tcards in the form of a horrible team or horrible matchmaking, he tried to make the best of it. That is the attitude you should look for as well.

• Cool 3

[-SOG-]
Players
116 posts
1,872 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

I know Ive tried that and when Im in a good mood it does help. But after a while it becomes so extremely frustrating.

I dont know. As I said I love this game, I do. But the matchmaking is so extremely frustrating that I have barely played anything lately. I just cant bring myself to log in anymore and its such a shame. I honestly wish I could stop getting so angry and not focus on WR but I guess Im just a naturally competitive person.

But Im gonna take what you said to heart because it actualy helped, so thank you for that. Gonna try it anew tomorrow and see if I can enjoy it more. Thank you.

Anyways last reply for me tonight. Hopefully other people who are just as frustrated as me can read this aswell and maybe get some pointers. Cause I know these people are around.

Good to see your frustration settled, mate! Just so you know, in T10, I'm probably one of those potatoes you get frustrated with =))

I saw your stats and you're a more solid player than I am, definitely more solid in T10 than I am. I can't begin to explain how amazing you will feel and how your winrate will go up if you team up with another two players like yourself. Just do good, and just pray that MM puts the potatoes on your side in the other side in the next match! I also am getting a bit better at the game day by day by analyzing my own personal faults. Maybe I will get to your level someday, and then you can even division with me and we can blap everything in sight :P