Nit0

CV Gameplay: Alarm sound when your CV is under attack

6 comments in this topic

[N0RSE]
[N0RSE]
Players
32 posts
9,941 battles

Please give us some sort of indication that your carrier is under attack (alarm sound, something flashing on your screen etc). It sucks to realise that your cv only have half health left and you have no clue why that was the case.

Beta Tester
741 posts
11,351 battles
24 minutes ago, Nit0 said:

Please give us some sort of indication that your carrier is under attack (alarm sound, something flashing on your screen etc). It sucks to realise that your cv only have half health left and you have no clue why that was the case.

Theres the minimap, there are 2 spoting indications - normal for your planes and the second when your cv is spotted, if the 2nd pops out check the minimap or press F if u want to play it safe, whats the problem?

The inability to use what you have doesn't mean those who can need more trash indicators blocking theyre screen because of that 'special' someone.

Players
761 posts
4,756 battles
33 minutes ago, Nit0 said:

This without doubt a developer choice not to disturb you too much while concentrating at flying your aircraft and attacking/evading enemies.

The CV does report it's under attack, and when it does i quickly plot a course away from the danger on minimap/autopilot. But i almost always relocate well before DD and enemy aircraft can approach me without running into allied ships. It is better to prevent coming under attack. All you need is know what is going on on the minimap. Good (CV) players do that always.

[N0RSE]
[N0RSE]
Players
32 posts
9,941 battles

I rather have the disturbance than what we have now. It worked perfectly fine in rts, you could hear the sound of enemy shells hitting your cv, just like any other ship in the game. 

Players
761 posts
4,756 battles
11 minutes ago, Nit0 said:

I rather have the disturbance than what we have now. It worked perfectly fine in rts, you could hear the sound of enemy shells hitting your cv, just like any other ship in the game. 

I think i can still hear torpedo alert chimes and them striking if too late.

Usually pay little attention to it as 1) CV (enhanced) AA is very powerful + fighter screen. 2) Relocating at top speed it proves to be difficult to hit  CV with torpedo's 3) The auto repair ability is actually quite good dealing with fires and floods.

I usually only lose my CV to long range shell fire, and then mostly when map edges prevent to (out)run persuiers any longer.

[N0RSE]
[N0RSE]
Players
32 posts
9,941 battles
23 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I usually only lose my CV to long range shell fire, and then mostly when map edges prevent to (out)run persuiers any longer.

Exactly this is why I want sound effects back when my cv is hit. When a Yamato hits you from 20+ km away, I want to have a sound effect, a bang :P

Sign in to follow this