You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Just curious - How many of you are aware that planes no longer spot torpedoes in WoWs v0.8.x?

How many of you are aware that planes no longer spot torpedoes?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you are aware that planes no longer spot torpedoes?

• Yes - I know that this was introduced in v0.8.x WoWs
    • No - I didn't know that this was introduced in v0.8.x WoWs

63 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,191 posts
9,000 battles

Hi all,

Just curious... :Smile_hiding:

How many of you are aware that planes no longer spot torpedoes in WoWs v0.8.x?

"To improve the balance between aircraft and destroyers, squadrons have lost the ability to spot torpedoes. This change will also affect the Fighter and Spotting Aircraft consumables."

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/cv8-how-to-play/

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Please be honest - the Poll is anonymous... :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[RNSF]
Players
78 posts
2,610 battles

I dont see how that balances the issue. 

The issue was the spotting range at when a DD could be spotted. 

No one to my knowledge had any issues about torpedoes.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
5 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

How many of you are aware that planes no longer spot torpedoes in WoWs v0.8.x?

I was aware but at some points - that didnt help me :Smile-_tongue:. Its so established into your routine, that when I see a CV spotting a DD, f.e., I expect atleast to see some of the torps, so that I know that there is coming something. So when I dont see them, I still think the DD hasnt torped. You have to constantly remind yourself "thats not how it works anymore", which... doesnt work all the time.

• Cool 7

[THROW]
Players
579 posts
21,154 battles

If you didn't know that planes don't spot torps anymore then You are part of the problem and why WG are decreasing the skill level. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 5

Players
4,360 posts
7,759 battles
5 minutes ago, MistaBoo said:

I dont see how that balances the issue. 

The issue was the spotting range at when a DD could be spotted. 

No one to my knowledge had any issues about torpedoes.

WG made 20km Shima great again

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,191 posts
9,000 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

If you didn't know that planes don't spot torps anymore then You are part of the problem and why WG are decreasing the skill level. 

I asked because that info was "buried" and, possibly, some players missed it (even those who frequent Forum and Reddit)... I really don't want to think about the myriad of players who "just play" without reading Patch Notes, News, Forum, Reddit... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
7,851 battles

As DD main that always reads through the full patchnotes and most other changes discussed elsewhere I am fully aware of this fact. The problem is to remind oneself constantly in battle to overwrite the habit not to launch torps when planespotted or thinking the enemy DD hasn't torped yet because the Planes would've spotted those.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
158 posts
8,819 battles

Those who dont know about it are for sure not on forum, patch notes, news, etc.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,191 posts
9,000 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

Those who dont know about it are for sure not on forum, patch notes, news, etc.

Well... "NO" is currently at 10%... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[JRM]
Players
158 posts
8,819 battles
6 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Well real number i guess is like ''no '' 70% but thats players are not on forum, just a few of them. On the other hand i guess a lot of this guys not even know that planes before rework can spot torps.

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
15 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Currently it's 20% and that's the people that think that reading is overrated. Guess are the same that complain of server being down on patch day.

7 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

Well real number i guess is like ''no '' 70% but thats players are not on forum, just a few of them. On the other hand i guess a lot of this guys not even know that planes before rework can spot torps.

There's people sitting on smoke that still call cheaters to people that spot them for one of the next reasons:

• Radar
  • Hydro
  • Smoke firing gun bloom
  • Proximity spotting with adquisition (3km instead of 2 km)

So I won't be surprised that a great amount of players didn't know about torps being spotted by planes.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
7,851 battles
16 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

Wow you are an optimistic one.

Renember we are talking about the same crowd which still consistently brings forth players that don't know yet that the service costs isn't tied to damage taken anymore even though that got changed over a year ago.

It's totally more like 90 - 95% and some of them didn't know torps get spotted by planes in the first place like mentioned in the post above.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,327 posts
12,395 battles
6 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Currently it's 20% and that's the people that think that reading is overrated.

It totally is! I am still somewhat annoyed that WG is "hiding" content in news articles. Looking at you "Press here to participate" buttons... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
741 posts
11,377 battles
49 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

True that, if people don't/can't read than no matter how they narrow the skill gap it won't solve anything, sadly WG will listen to those people and eventually even completey brain dead vegetables will be able to play the game.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,664 posts

Shush...

Don't tell the others about a changed game mechanism that I am abusing a little bit right now. :Smile_trollface:

It's fun to see BBs and Cruisers still launching their planes in hopes to spot my torps, or feeling safe because I have just been attacked by a CV and that would surely have revealed my fishes. Ships that don't change course are simply delicious prey.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Players
787 posts
4,801 battles

I was aware that aircraft would not spot torpedo's anymore or get XP/credit from that.

I am aware however fighter consumable can be hung over enemy DD and spot it untill they are destroyed or run out of time. Figher consumable spot ships too !

So no need to remain there circkeling yourself if you fly bombers toward  BB or CA/CL's and stumble on some DD......just pass over DD, drop consumable, and let your allied team ships  take care of the spotted DD while you torp/bomb BB and CA/CL.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles

As a matter of fact I had no idea about that. And I DO read the patch notes and all that stuff. (hell, I had no idea the focus fire sector even existed in the beta test. You don't get that option shown anywere and I only found out due comentaries on the forum)

[SM0KE]
Players
2,629 posts
6,474 battles
11 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Shush...

Don't tell the others about a changed game mechanism that I am abusing a little bit right now. :Smile_trollface:

Suits me - I do seem to be getting more torp hits lately, but I put that down to confirmation bias...

The thought does occur that quite a few people probably didn't know that planes spotted torps before the change though.

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Players
5 posts
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

WOW.  I guess you feel you are entitled to making snarky remarks.  You are always so kind and helpful.

• Cool 2

Players
787 posts
4,801 battles
7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

The thought does occur that quite a few people probably didn't know that planes spotted torps before the change though.

And that is was worth XP and credits when they did ?

Players
1,559 posts
13,440 battles

So that is about 100 people that read the forum that have answered. How about the thousands of other randoms that don't keep up to date with everything? They probably still thinks CV's will spot their torps. As they still think saving the ship will save them repair costs :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,716 posts
9,928 battles
2 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

So that is about 100 people that read the forum that have answered. How about the thousands of other randoms that don't keep up to date with everything? They probably still thinks CV's will spot their torps. As they still think saving the ship will save them repair costs :Smile_veryhappy:

You're assuming those people even knew that aircraft can spot torps in the first place. A bold proposition.

• Funny 3

[-MM]
[-MM]
Beta Tester
32 posts
10,045 battles

You're going to get a very strongly skewed result towards yes here, the vast majority of players know nothing outside of what the game directly and repeatedly tells them

[THROW]
Players
579 posts
21,154 battles
1 hour ago, Kstick_1 said:

WOW.  I guess you feel you are entitled to making snarky remarks.  You are always so kind and helpful.

yes i am. and it's the truth

• Boring 4