White_Fall

State of Bismarck in current meta

5 comments in this topic

[-WB-]
Players
14 posts
430 battles

Hi All,

I was wondering what the current state is of the bismarck and secondary build (14pnt captain)?

Positions tactics (domination/standard)when top tier?(random solo)

Positions Tactics(domination/standard) when bottom tier ?(random solo)

What other ships on the team should I stick with? (Random battle solo)

And should I hang back early game to get stuck in later? This is always the big question when the game starts.

Move to fast and my bismarck ends at the bottom of the sea.

Move to slow and im little to no use for the team.

If possible some positions/tactics with pictures or new you tube?

And how is the influence on Bismarck with the new CV play style?

Slot 1  Auxiliary Armaments modification

Slot 2 Damage control

Slot 3 Secondary Modification

Slot 4 Damage control 2

Slot 5 Concealment

Captain skills (14pnt)

PM, AR, SI, MFCSA and AFT

Thanks

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
22 minutes ago, White_Fall said:

Hi All,

I was wondering what the current state is of the bismarck and secondary build (14pnt captain)?

Positions tactics (domination/standard)when top tier?(random solo)

Positions Tactics(domination/standard) when bottom tier ?(random solo)

Decent T8 BB. Secondary build still works and likely is most fun. Haven't played Bismarck much lately, given I got not the time to derp around with all ships and rather focus on playing what I grind. Still, played two games on the 14th for the mission and it performs as always (and got 92k average, which I'm quite content with).

In general, Bismarck plays mid to short range. Don't hang back, follow up with cruisers. First, they provide additional AA, secondly, you want to get things into secondary range, third, like a cruiser, use terrain to mask approaches and to limit the angles of fire. If you can avoid getting cross-fired, Bismarck still is the tankiest T8 (now with less AP bomb terror).

29 minutes ago, White_Fall said:

What other ships on the team should I stick with? (Random battle solo)

Any cruiser that moves up.

29 minutes ago, White_Fall said:

And should I hang back early game to get stuck in later? This is always the big question when the game starts.

No. You are a BB. You got repair party. You shouldn't throw your ship away, but you should already try to make plays early, by being close to capping DDs and cruisers and threatening any cruiser trying to threaten your DDs. You don't need to be yolo-rushing through mid and die to cross fires, but hanging back throws away your strength as the best BB to put into a forward position (at T8).

32 minutes ago, White_Fall said:

And how is the influence on Bismarck with the new CV play style?

No more 7-11 AP DB squads. Enough said.

33 minutes ago, White_Fall said:

Slot 1  Auxiliary Armaments modification

Slot 2 Damage control

Slot 3 Secondary Modification

Slot 4 Damage control 2

Slot 5 Concealment

Captain skills (14pnt)

PM, AR, SI, MFCSA and AFT

Slot 1 Main Armaments Mod

Slot 2 Damage Control Mod 1

Slot 3 Secondary Mod

Slot 4 Damage Control Mod 2

Slot 5 Concealment Mod

Captain skills (14pnt)

PT, AR, BoS, AFT and MFCSA

Secondaries are nice, but not worth buffing their survival over the survival of your main turrets. Nor are they valuable enough to buff their survival over PT, which is valuable information. Most likely, if you ever lose a secondary turret it's a 105 mm twin turret (which got their hp buffed, as they are AA) and the loss of damage is negligible. One might argue that much is invested in secondaries, so you want to keep them alive, but a dead ship's secondaries don't fire either. PT informs you about when you got people's attention, when there might be potential cross fires, when you might get torped. Just too useful, imo. Obviously, engine and steering are rarely lost, so PM is wasted there.

BoS beats SI, imo, as Bismarck typically wants to mitigate damage upfront. As an aggressive ship, you might not often survive to fifth repair party. Take SI on 17th point. AFT is my preference over MFCSA, but with AA range nerf, it's really just a pick whatever.

• Cool 1

[STARS]
Beta Tester
92 posts
12,490 battles

Ehm I value PM above PT, because you know when you are spotted you will be targeted anyhow. Besides, you want keep those rifles firing (and not waste repair on it if needed)

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
30 minutes ago, LeSnoet said:

Ehm I value PM above PT, because you know when you are spotted you will be targeted anyhow.

You'd be surprised. Not too rarely, you aren't being targetted. Often, PT's counter also doesn't help as much in whether you are targetted at all or not, but how many. If you run into 1 ship and 5 target you, it's safe to say, there's more than one ship there and you better get out. If you run into 3 ships and only 1 targets you, you can be much bolder in how to deal with that than if you had to always assume all three are out to kill you. And don't forget, when you get into T10 matches, you face stuff like Yamato, Republique and other T10 BBs that can accurately shoot across half the map.

Meanwhile, how often do you lose turrets? And if one is so concerned about turrets, why run auxiliary armaments mod over Main Armaments Mod? Basically, their current build trades PT not for main battery survival, but for secondary survival. And frankly, no, secondaries on Bismarck are not worth that much. You rarely lose enough for this to be valuable.

• Cool 1

[ED_O7]
Players
4 posts
2,281 battles

Bismarck is a very good ship for its tier and below, but I feel it uptiers horribly - for the sole reason you need to move close to be effective. That when accidents happen. :)

Sign in to follow this