Jump to content
indy046

Destroyers are no needed any more....

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WOK]
Players
6 posts
8,853 battles

WG since a new patch and a rework of the carriers i think a destroyers are completly usless and no fun to play any more.

So please consider to give me {us} option to sell destroyers for free exp,credits and gold for premium dds like you offer  old cv players.

Why i am writte this you probably know but if you want an explanation its because there is no fun to play dds and it is no use to play them anymore.And don't write back that i must to adapt because i dont want to adapt to this complitly new game play.

I think it will be fair that you offer me,us to sell them like you offer the cv players.

 

Thank you very much.....

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOK]
Players
6 posts
8,853 battles

I dont know what you want to say with that and like i said that is my opinion about the new game play of the dds and it is complitly no fun for me any more.And [edited]they copletly change the gameplay they can offer me,us to sell that lines of dds like they did it to old cv players.Do you capito,do you understand now...

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
50 minutes ago, indy046 said:

And don't write back that i must to adopt

Well, we won't make you adopt anyone. That's your (and if you have - your partners) decision

 

Meanwhile you should adapt to how the game is now

  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,923 posts
11,172 battles
30 minutes ago, indy046 said:

I dont know what you want to say with that and like i said that is my opinion about the new game play of the dds and it is complitly no fun for me any more.And [edited]they copletly change the gameplay they can offer me,us to sell that lines of dds like they did it to old cv players.Do you capito,do you understand now...

 

That is your personal problem. That has nothing to do with the DD class as the server stats clearly show.

  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOK]
Players
6 posts
8,853 battles

I know that is my problem but wg problem is no more money from me and probably from a lot of players....and than becomes evrybody problem at the end.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
592 posts
14,583 battles

My problem is teams rush dying or having no clue on how to play, such as dds rushing radar ships and then complaining about zero support and stuff like that.

DDs are just fine and are perfectly needed.

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
773 posts
4,770 battles

When DD rush to a cap everyone knows they are there......if the CV doesn't light them up, seconds later DD or CA/CL will....hydro, radar, air spotting....DD can only be stealthy where they are NOT expected !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
607 posts
7,330 battles
21 hours ago, indy046 said:

I dont know what you want to say with that and like i said that is my opinion about the new game play of the dds and it is complitly no fun for me any more.And [edited]they copletly change the gameplay they can offer me,us to sell that lines of dds like they did it to old cv players.Do you capito,do you understand now...

 

 

You do know that emblem is broken and doesn't actually mean anything. It's going to get fixed in the next major patch. I have all 4 and I've played like 40 games of ranked this season.

 

broken enblems.jpg

 

As for DDs, they can be frustrating because the rest of the team is even more useless now, but they are still playable. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CLADS]
[CLADS]
Players
7 posts
17,189 battles

No money from me either..... which is very annoying as a loyal follower who has spent quite a lot on this game. The Division 2 is out in March, game change. You can stick your Witchita where the sun don't shine. Same with the British CV's......and I would have bought them in the old game despite being a crap CV player.

 

The main problem with game now is fun...… I played ranked, that kept me going but that's done. To be honest it must be showing up in the game numbers now. We have 45-50 in our clan and I see a handful playing now, weekends it used to be packed. Hopefully in 6 months the fun will be back. Enjoy it if you can guys.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[A41]
Players
45 posts
4,695 battles

yeah dds are playable if you spend the whole time hugging an AA cruiser rather than being useful until you separate by accident or from boredom then the rocket planes can sink you in a few minutes of no ability to really counter the cv. It is so much fun!!!! chased and rocketed, every 30 seconds 3 waves 5-15k HP gone woo and I cant do crap to the CV  border hugging on the other side of the map.

 

Fun and Engaging game play!

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
773 posts
4,770 battles
1 hour ago, _Agent_ said:

yeah dds are playable if you spend the whole time hugging an AA cruiser rather than being useful until you separate by accident or from boredom then the rocket planes can sink you in a few minutes of no ability to really counter the cv. It is so much fun!!!! chased and rocketed, every 30 seconds 3 waves 5-15k HP gone woo and I cant do crap to the CV  border hugging on the other side of the map.

 

Fun and Engaging game play!

 

Well i do think so, heading to a cap together with an allied DD and rocketing the enemy DD(s) while the DD shells/torpedo's it and gets the cap.

 

I found out that Cruisers trying to cover the DD are in fact often soft targets that take a lot of rocket damage ( more rockets hit them as they are much larger ) and burn well. Costly in lost aircraft but caught by them rocketing the DD its better to make these Cruisers a target then continue to attempt to hit the slippery DD with only a few rockets hitting and get shot down anyway.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SWTP]
Players
517 posts
6,981 battles
15 godzin temu, ColonelPete napisał:

I can't see the fun factor here in this table. Only good DDs are CC level of DMP gunboats like Kaba Daring Haragumo. Stealthy ninja gameplay of the whole lines (German, main IJN line, USA and Panasian torp builds too) is gone. And YY seems to be perfectly balanced now:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,923 posts
11,172 battles
11 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

I can't see the fun factor here in this table. Only good DDs are CC level of DMP gunboats like Kaba Daring Haragumo. Stealthy ninja gameplay of the whole lines (German, main IJN line, USA and Panasian torp builds too) is gone. And YY seems to be perfectly balanced now:Smile_trollface:

Fun is in the eye of the beholder. People get unicum stats in ships and have no fun.

My answer was obviously aimed at the "useless" comment. Most of the DD do fine, even Z. YY problem is not caused by CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
13 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

 

You do know that emblem is broken and doesn't actually mean anything. It's going to get fixed in the next major patch. I have all 4 and I've played like 40 games of ranked this season.

 

broken enblems.jpg

 

As for DDs, they can be frustrating because the rest of the team is even more useless now, but they are still playable. 

I played way fewer and I got the first.

Gonna keep it till it's removed and see waht happens :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SWTP]
Players
517 posts
6,981 battles
1 minutę temu, ColonelPete napisał:

Fun is in the eye of the beholder. People get unicum stats in ships and have no fun.

My answer was obviously aimed at the "useless" comment. Most of the DD do fine, even Z. YY problem is not caused by CV.

I can do fine too, just not much fun because I am forced to play very passively staying in the AA cover of my CCs. Can not spot, can not torp (save for lucky hits), out of effective gun range. Haragumo with aft or range mod or Tashkent can do quite well from the distance but it is a very specific kind of fun. Hopefully, CV hype will go down in a few months after British CVs launch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles

And btw, I'm having tons of fun with benson right now. I even prefer carrier games over non-carrier games as people are more unsure and inexperienced with h2p and I can capitalise on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
607 posts
7,330 battles
21 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

And btw, I'm having tons of fun with benson right now. I even prefer carrier games over non-carrier games as people are more unsure and inexperienced with h2p and I can capitalise on that.

 

I got Loyang in a container years ago. I was on my Russian kick then and it drove me nuts trying to make it work so I sold it. I just recovered it as I'm playing Pan Asian now, and what a difference that and a 19 point captain makes :D

 

5FB78DFA927DD71475E6126DC429E8D6BC543259

 

Ships were a GK and Midway. Wandering about 6 km from the enemy should be fatal - and it often is - but just the sheer damage this thing is doing is mind boggling. The combination of the speed and detection of the Chung Mu with hydro and quite passable AA is making all the difference. I'm using the short range torpedoes obviously because the other ones are useless. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
2 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

 

I got Loyang in a container years ago. I was on my Russian kick then and it drove me nuts trying to make it work so I sold it. I just recovered it as I'm playing Pan Asian now, and what a difference that and a 19 point captain makes :D

 

5FB78DFA927DD71475E6126DC429E8D6BC543259

 

Ships were a GK and Midway. Wandering about 6 km from the enemy should be fatal - and it often is - but just the sheer damage this thing is doing is mind boggling. The combination of the speed and detection of the Chung Mu with hydro and quite passable AA is making all the difference. I'm using the short range torpedoes obviously because the other ones are useless. 

Benson gameplay today. I think this was actually my highest damage game in benson yet.

Yes it was a carrier game, but the tier makes a lot of difference. The so called perma spotting is not much of an issue to me.

shot-19.02.18_17.42.53-0660 102k.jpg

shot-19.02.18_17.42.56-0802.jpg

 

DD is still perhaps the most OP class in the game. Carriers are weird, it's hard to make them fit somewhere.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PEC]
Players
135 posts
1,284 battles

Tbf, DD's were always a challenge because nobody will support, but as of 8.0.0 you're basically mad to sail more than 3km from your nearest cruiser. (The same cruiser that's fighting to get behind your own BB's who in turn are fighting to get behind each other)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
607 posts
7,330 battles
18 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

Tbf, DD's were always a challenge because nobody will support, but as of 8.0.0 you're basically mad to sail more than 3km from your nearest cruiser. (The same cruiser that's fighting to get behind your own BB's who in turn are fighting to get behind each other)

 

Turning off your AA, being aggressive when spotted by planes, and not being in the obvious places all complicate the life of CVs. For me the main thing is that the CV players now have finally got their act together and are hitting me for solid damage with rockets, so I'm beginning to see what others have been saying since 8.0.0. dropped. DDs are more fraught than they were, but you can still get in the occasional perfect game and a lot of good ones. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ISG]
Players
29 posts
4,248 battles

No DDs are not useless just a bit rubbish at their job now they have become unemployed spotters and rocket pinatas,if like me you have spent a lot of time grinding through the RN line of DDs it now feels like wasted time same I believe for the Jap line of DDs.Yes they are still playable but now you have to play a different role one which doesnt actually bring me much pleasure.So rather than ‘adapt to the new meta’ which is being bandied about I dont actually play much except maybe to take my Kidd out a little.It makes me smile when I hear the compaints of the CV players complaining about the post 08 nerf to them when as has been said to DD players alot recently they need to ‘adapt to the new meta’ (only kidding......a bit :-) ) The solution to this needs to come from wargaming as they are the only ones who actually can sort this out.Wether or not they can remains to be seen but personally until they do this game has become truly a free to play game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
840 posts
7,395 battles

Yes dds are useless.

:Smile_trollface:

Screenshot_2019-02-18-20-58-46.thumb.png.f0bb3d5485c77978c9c541fcc3e2f487.png

( 4 dev strike, 1st blood, double strike)

* note that i play yugumo with 8 kms torps and no smoke

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×