You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Ghostship_

Matchmaker is always +2

75 comments in this topic

Players
40 posts
1,649 battles

I played 9 games today and all of them was +2

T6 vs 8

T8 vs 10

Its just not fun. Why is this matchmaking so terrible stupid? 

Ships 2 levels higher are much stronger, why the hell would you allow that someone has to play all day against stonger ships?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

Players
60 posts
1,252 battles

I agree with you, especially with CV, today i kept being in tier 8 matches with tier 6 CVs (i only have tier 6 CVs for now) and i almost can't get off an attack; but even in other ships it's just not fun to plaay against ships 2 levels higher.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
15,915 posts
11,172 battles
23 minutes ago, _Ghostship_ said:

T6 vs 8

T8 vs 10

Ships 2 levels higher are much stronger, why the hell would you allow that someone has to play all day against stonger ships?

There are ships your Tier in the enemy team...

• Cool 2

Players
60 posts
1,252 battles
4 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

Well, you are right, but if i could only go against those it wouldn't be a problem, but the other ships are the main issue, because you can't do much to them (more armor) while they can just erase me whenever they want.

[CATS]
Players
15,915 posts
11,172 battles
Just now, wot_2016_gunner said:

Well, you are right, but if i could only go against those it wouldn't be a problem, but the other ships are the main issue, because you can't do much to them (more armor) while they can just erase me whenever they want.

They want it from the first second. I doubt they succeed in that moment.

WoWs is about chosing your fights. In a low Tier ship this is especially true. You are not supposed to sink the whole enemy team single handedly. Just help your teammates.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,233 battles
Just now, wot_2016_gunner said:

Thats mostly not an issue really. T8 vs T10 basicly have the same armor.

For T6/7 its a bit harder to go vs T8.

• Cool 3

Players
60 posts
1,252 battles
3 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

They want it from the first second. I doubt they succeed in that moment.

WoWs is about chosing your fights. In a low Tier ship this is especially true. You are not supposed to sink the whole enemy team single handedly. Just help your teammates.

You are right again, and i was not saying that i should sink the entire enemy team single handedly. I'm just saying that for me, being low tier, it's much harder to do damage.

6 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

Thats mostly not an issue really. T8 vs T10 basicly have the same armor.

For T6/7 its a bit harder to go vs T8.

Yes, i agree, it's just that i only have tier 6 ships for now and i was actually talking more in general.

It's also for this why i think that Japanese ships are the best in the game, not only because i love them, but becausse they can still be competitive even when uptiered.

[NWP]
Players
651 posts
9,594 battles
1 hour ago, _Ghostship_ said:

T6 vs 8

T8 vs 10

Ranked being T9 won't be helping MM when you are in T8's currently. The MM has to fill the void of missing T9 players so you will get more T10 games. 

[TIPC]
Players
252 posts
10,697 battles

Yeah its geting old realy fast.

Only 1 guy is -2 and it is Me.(+someone on the other side,DONT CARE!)

Kinda dropped T8 because this nonsense.

Todays first game in whit Colorado...ofc T9 nonsene,yeah got Top XP,lose,was so much "fun" fighting a Mushasi and Iowa.

Edit:

Just went whit Dunqerke...T8,The enemy got a "lucky" Fuso,FK this...

[NWP]
Players
849 posts
6,744 battles
1 hour ago, _Ghostship_ said:

Just proofs there is a massive problem 

No, it's proof that some people don't understand the mechanics of this game. The only problem with Tier 8 MM at the moment, is T8 CVs getting shafted. The rest of us are fine at +2 tier.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
40 posts
1,649 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

No, it's proof that some people don't understand the mechanics of this game. The only problem with Tier 8 MM at the moment, is T8 CVs getting shafted. The rest of us are fine at +2 tier.

Yes you are totally right. I just dont understand the game.

Possibly because I have only Unicum/super unicum stats and you average ones...

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,831 battles
6 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I've been in battles recently in a T8 BB and there were no T9 BBs but three or four TX BBs.  The only other T8 ship in the game was the enemy BB.

No, I don't claim that happens more than once in a blue moon but it does leave a mark......

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,233 battles
55 minutes ago, _Ghostship_ said:

Hows that reroll working out for you? :cap_like:

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
651 posts
9,594 battles
57 minutes ago, _Ghostship_ said:

You must be new here. 

Firstly stats shaming is a wank move. Shows how insecure you are.

Secondly, you've appeared to have played less than 200 games at tier 8 and no T10 games. That means the weight of your validity is weak at best. IE you have little actual game experience.

Thirdly. I smell either a re-roll account or a bought account. 

Overall. T8 moaning is nothing new and if you're as super unicum as you claim it should not be an issue. So, git gud. 

• Cool 3

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

You must be new here. 

Firstly stats shaming is a wank move. Shows how insecure you are.

True. But it was a response to "some people don't understand this game", so somewhat justified IMHO.

Secondly, you've appeared to have played less than 200 games at tier 8 and no T10 games. That means the weight of your validity is weak at best. IE you have little actual game experience.

Thirdly. I smell either a re-roll account or a bought account. 

Maybe. Does not matter.

Overall. T8 moaning is nothing new and if you're as super unicum as you claim it should not be an issue. So, git gud. 

And you draw this as a conclusion from above? Nice logic.

I sometimes (just to be sure that the rule still applies...) check when someone is happily advocating +/-2 throwing "git guds" around.

Yes, you don't have a clue what you're talking about because you simply DON'T PLAY AFFECTED SHIPS: medium tier silver BB and cruisers, and only half of your games is solo. @Mr_Tayto played affected ships somewhat, but in turn 5/6 of his random games are in a division. And for both of you it is often a triple division. :cat_bubble:

Sitting in a DD or in Belfast, or even in Hood or Scharnhorst, with a division mate or two ready to do what you need - is a totally different story. 

Unfortunately there is no data about when you played what, but from last 21 days you both almost exclusively kept to tier 10 and in lower tiers only DD, CV or premium specials. 

Try Colorado vs T9 or similar stuff in significant number of solo games, please, and then be vocal about "gitting gud" and "-2 doesn't bother me". At least you won't get a T9 carrier games now. :cap_cool:

[NWP]
Players
651 posts
9,594 battles
1 minute ago, EdiJo said:

True. But it was a response to "some people don't understand this game", so somewhat justified IMHO.

Stat shame is never justified. 

2 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

I sometimes (just to be sure that the rule still applies...) check when someone is happily advocating +/-2 throwing "git guds" around.

Yes, you don't have a clue what you're talking about because you simply DON'T PLAY AFFECTED SHIPS: medium tier silver BB and cruisers, and only half of your games is solo. 

I've played 42 T8 ships, including grinding through most of the silver ships... I've played 1200 games at T8, 10% of my total games in WoW's. I've played half, half my 9k games solo alone, that means I've played alone, and got pretty good results solo, 57% solo is better than most. Technically my solo play is better than yours...

Are you also saying that players are not allowed to play in divisions with friends?? That's moronic. Unless you've got no friends, clan mates to play with... It's a game with multiplayer aspects, That means it was designed to have players play with people... you do know that... right??

10 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Sitting in a DD or in Belfast, or even in Hood or Scharnhorst, with a division mate or two ready to do what you need - is a totally different story. 

Unfortunately there is no data about when you played what, but from last 21 days you both almost exclusively kept to tier 10 and in lower tiers only DD, CV or premium specials. 

Well no crap I've been playing T10, I've ground all but the CV lines to get to that point. I'm also grinding for Halsey and Legendary modules... That's part of the game and can only be done in T10 ships (LM modules T10 only, Halsey 8 and above).  I've also played a lot of T9 ranked... got an issue with that also??

We play premium ships to grind captain, credits and free exp... that's literally the point of prem ships... If you have an issue with players playing in premium ships, take it up with WG.... otherwise I don't see what point you're aimlessly trying to make.

13 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Try Colorado vs T9 in significant number of solo games, please, and then be vocal about "gitting gud" and "-2 doesn't bother me". At least you won't get a T9 carrier games now. :cap_cool:

Nobody made you play over 100 games in Colorado... that's your own issue. Not mine. And plus or minus 2 does not bother me, at all. Means for exp for my ships when they are bottom tier.

Overall I rate your post 3/10. Poor show. 

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles
45 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Stat shame is never justified. 

I don't agree. See below ;)

I've played 42 T8 ships, including grinding through most of the silver ships... I've played 1200 games at T8, 10% of my total games in WoW's. I've played half, half my 9k games solo alone, that means I've played alone,

Last 21 days, zero games in ships affected by +/-2  I think I can assume this goes like this since some time, apart maybe from some events when you have to (and even then you don't do it solo).

When browsing your solo stats sorted by number of games, the first ships we get is Murmansk, 100 games, position 10. I guess this was years ago. Next far far down is maybe the Fuso, I write maybe because in particular Fuso uptiers relatively fine. Then far far down we have 55 games in Atago (it also depends on the meta in which you played this cruiser, in the old times it was much easier). Only at position 26 we have Nagato, with 42 games, also most probably done years ago when grinding the line. 

Please don't tell me you play ships affected by -2, when in fact you don't. :cap_old:

and got pretty good results solo, 57% solo is better than most. Technically my solo play is better than yours...

I don't aspire to being any unicum, I play only solo, casually (don't feel good in competitive modes, in high tiers I feel OK in some ships only). But I don't think I suck that much as you tell, thank you :cap_tea:

1) stats are average across the years, hence useless  2) you need significant number of solo games in a boat to really compare "technically" :cap_cool:

And still I try to avoid such WR or other "skill" comparisons because I see quite a difference between my games played on a weekend morning and on a weekday late night, for example.

Here I am just talking about numbers of relevant games played...

Are you also saying that players are not allowed to play in divisions with friends??

Where exactly I said so?

That's moronic. Unless you've got no friends, clan mates to play with... It's a game with multiplayer aspects, That means it was designed to have players play with people... you do know that... right??

I have nothing against divisions. But playing solo is totally different thing, especially when being -2 tier. Even if you're that gud. So your division experience is not only meaningless, but even worse - gives you false information.

Well no crap I've been playing T10, I've ground all but the CV lines to get to that point. I'm also grinding for Halsey and Legendary modules... That's part of the game and can only be done in T10 ships (LM modules T10 only, Halsey 8 and above).  I've also played a lot of T9 ranked... got an issue with that also??

No, that is what WG wants you to do, and playing like this is rewarded, so I understand it perfectly well. But then why are you vocal about playing in lower tiers, when you have zero idea how it currently looks like? 

We play premium ships to grind captain, credits and free exp... that's literally the point of prem ships... If you have an issue with players playing in premium ships, take it up with WG.... otherwise I don't see what point you're aimlessly trying to make.

You seem to imply that I said many things... Sure, premium ships are premium, I played premiums a lot myself. But again: this is totally different game play from silver ships, where you don't have good commander in the first place. You don't have gimmicks. Most of the silver BB and cruisers don't uptier well. 

Also significant part of silver ships in the game is not fully researched.

What do you know about playing them in the current meta? You grinded years ago with the first crowd, and if grinded later you skipped what you could with free xp or boosters - so now feel comfortably in the better end of the deal? So, yes, for you definitely +/-2 MM is fine - but this is far from being true generally. 

This game is NOT only about T10. Lower tiers have to be playable, too - and NOT only as a grinding stage to go through as fast as possible. This is idiotic WG approach, cash grabbing move which puts aside most of the valuable content (as most of higher tier ships are paper fiction). And biased, elitist posts from unaffected guys on the forum are just confirmation for WG: "You see, even players say it's fine, let's grab more money and to hell with medium tiers! We already had to restrict MM for low tiers and we have to get people running to T10 somehow". 

And then you whine about potato wave in T9-10 :cap_old:

Nobody made you play over 100 games in Colorado... that's your own issue. Not mine. And plus or minus 2 does not bother me, at all. Means for exp for my ships when they are bottom tier.

Exactly. So you have nothing valuable to say on the subject - it does not affect you, you are on the profiting side of this deal - yet you write.

BTW "git guds" in this context are pitiful.

Overall I rate your post 3/10. Poor show. 

No comments. :cat_bubble:

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[EUR]
Players
181 posts
3,289 battles

It is more difficult to grind a ship now than it was, it is a new game almost , especially after the rework. I never disrespect older players and im not taking sides in this, its just my opinion as im currently grinding up the tiers.     

Beta Tester
2,422 posts
9,422 battles
11 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

Just proofs there is a massive problem 

It is simply a mature game that has more high tier ships than low tier ships. That means you will always meet more high tier ships, because WG will not let them wait in the queue forever. And they also want to give you a reason to go up the tiers yourself. 

No one cares that you cannot compete in a T8 against TX. Get a TX yourself if you cannot do it.

And yeah, it is quite pathetic to try to stat-shame people with a re-roll account that doesn't have more than 230 battles at T8+ yet.

• Cool 2

[GWDYS]
Players
371 posts
2,941 battles

You are unicum, you should have no problem at all with +2/-2 MM

Get it together man

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
849 posts
6,744 battles

For clarity @EdiJo, I didn't say "some people don't know how to play the game", I said "some people don't understand the game"; an important distinction considering that for WG's own economic reasons player will always be uptiered, and for gameplay reasons tier 8 ships are necessarily part of the high tier mix, which was explained above by Helmut. The impotent rage of complaining about MM is part of this misunderstanding about the game. If you don't like it, move up to tier 10 and lord it over the 'food' you all seem to think you are as T8.

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
91 posts
3,142 battles
11 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

Considering your questions in OP you indeed seem not to understand the MM mechanics.

If you are Super Unicorn then what is the problem? You still should be able to greatly influence the battle outcome. And damage you can do is higer. And XP you gain is increased too.

• Cool 1