You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
uncleSpyros

Where are CVs?

139 comments in this topic

[HNSA]
Players
34 posts
8,735 battles

We have missions that we need to kill some number of planes but no cvs appear.
On the other hand cvs are not taking part as bots on the Co-op battles so how the hell can
we kill aircraft.
I think that the new way of handling cvs is the problem of players not playing with cvs any more.
I am one of them.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
1,305 posts
14,648 battles

Nerfed to oblivion after a week and inside next week people realised just how much and lost interest, learning all new skillset for a meager damage and xp output will hardly be popular

• Cool 17

[HNSA]
Players
34 posts
8,735 battles

To the point!!!

LETS HOPE THAT THEY WILL REALIZE THEIR STUPID THING THEY HAVE DONE AND GET BACK TO THE OLD WAY! :cap_rambo:

*Edited*

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,599 posts
6,449 battles

I've noticed a distinct dearth of CVs lately too, but I haven't played a huge number of games over the last week or two; I think the last three games I played were definitely sans CV.

That said, much of my playing time this weekend has been in FL, which ends this evening (until next month) - I'll see if it's just fluke after that.

In the meantime, I've just been doing other missions, besides the 'blow up planes' ones...

• Cool 2

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
383 posts
4,733 battles

Yeah, the great old way of version 0.8 - That was amazing times !

1 hour ago, uncleSpyros said:

To the point!!!

LETS HOPE THAT THEY WILL REALIZE THEIR STUPID THING THEY HAVE DONE AND GET BACK TO THE OLD WAY! :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[HNSA]
Players
34 posts
8,735 battles

I use to play every day just to spent some time nothing more nothing less.
I like the game thats why I play and try to complete the missions.
I have found that is easier to play with a clear ship rather taking camo or flags.
The reason is up to designers, I dont pay so is not of my interest using them.
Lose or win doesnt matters.
What I want is a fair play...
Yes I want to blow some planes if the mission asks so, otherwise I must way to get some 
thousand XPs or some million coins and for this I need a payable account.
I dont use to pay real money for a bloody game 

:cap_horn:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,599 posts
6,449 battles
1 minute ago, uncleSpyros said:

<snip>

I don't understand the connection with what I wrote?

[HNSA]
Players
34 posts
8,735 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I don't understand the connection with what I wrote?

I quoted it by fault, sorry!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
202 posts
12,895 battles
40 minutes ago, uncleSpyros said:

I think that the new way of handling cvs is the problem of players not playing with cvs any more.
I am one of them.

thank god for that, patch has fulfilled its meaning if u keep away from playing cv's ...

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
2,353 posts
6,763 battles

Well, after the hype of something new ended, players will go back to the normal routine. Not every player likes every ship type and CV is something special.

I would also guess, that many new CV-players don't like CV, because they don't know how to play good with the CV

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,232 battles
42 minutes ago, puffpuff134 said:

Yeah, the great old way of version 0.8 - That was amazing times ! 

I think he means 7.12. because:

We have missions that we need to kill some number of planes but no cvs appear.

Division with a CV if you really want to do those missions. But you dont really need to do them to advance and the rewards are "meh" at best.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles

I have been saying that cv rework makes them BORING and useless to play. There is no reason to play them anymore. Hence... cvs will be played much less than before.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[HNSA]
Players
34 posts
8,735 battles

Maybe some of you dont understand my point.
Ok then can I play Co-op fight against CV?
The answer is NO ...can anyone tel the reason?
Has anybody seen cv on a Co op battle?
On the other hand someone suggested to division with a CV, to do what?
I played today wo fights and the opponents CV didnt play at all.
No aircrafts on sky. Only planes from our cv.

Players
4,085 posts
6,232 battles
4 minutes ago, uncleSpyros said:

The answer is NO ...can anyone tel the reason?

Sure, I can: WG couldnt figure out, how to program the bots to be able to control the new CVs/planes. No, thats not a joke, thats offical response.

5 minutes ago, uncleSpyros said:

On the other hand someone suggested to division with a CV, to do what?
I played today wo fights and the opponents CV didnt play at all.
No aircrafts on sky. Only planes from our cv.

Thats tough luck then :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[HNSA]
Players
34 posts
8,735 battles

and the forum keepers give penalties for bold letters... lets lough all together...
so childish behavior of forum keepers 
Its so disgusting.
I will never write again to this stupid forum.

:cap_rambo:

• Bad 1

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,079 battles
39 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Well, after the hype of something new ended, players will go back to the normal routine. Not every player likes every ship type and CV is something special.

I would also guess, that many new CV-players don't like CV, because they don't know how to play good with the CV

Or maybe new CV gameplay is boring and repetitive? As they have been warned about?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
4,331 posts
7,731 battles
6 minutes ago, uncleSpyros said:

and the forum keepers give penalties for bold letters... lets lough all together...
so childish behavior of forum keepers 
Its so disgusting.
I will never write again to this stupid forum.

:cap_rambo:

dont-let-the-door-hit-you-on-your-way-ou

• Funny 2

[DREAD]
Players
5,827 posts
5,248 battles
43 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

This plus the current AA-“Balans” doesn’t welcome new players.

Risk is that WG loses a lot of interested players in the process if it takes too long. But let’s see - too early for panic

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
664 posts
9,630 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Nerfed to oblivion after a week and inside next week people realised just how much and lost interest, learning all new skillset for a meager damage and xp output will hardly be popular

Lol, actually they are pretty balanced now. The damage is similar to other classes and so is their impact... 

Well, they were quite Overpowered before re-work and actually even more after 0.8.0.  I guess that's why they felt nerfed to oblivion.... 

P. S. I found quite few when I've played tier 8. Finished that part of the mission in few Cleveland battles. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
Players
2,353 posts
6,763 battles
18 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Or maybe new CV gameplay is boring and repetitive? As they have been warned about?

Yes, just like for some BBs are boring and repetitive, or dds are boring and repetitive. The whole game is repetitive. Most pvp games are repetitive.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
838 posts
7,381 battles

You know, it's  a repetitive type of gameplay, the hotfix had blanked overnerfed them. When a player who had 2700 pr ( me) in the old cv overall can't  manage to do 80k average damage in them ( midway) and gets  super frustrated, cause in some match you just can't  do anything ( you need 2 mino and a Worcester  and you just don't  play) you get that noone will really play them. Yes, some players can do well in them, but even less than it was before and it's  still frustrating. And I'm  talking as a player who consider himself quite good, can you imagine a new player trying them? At tier 4 with slow as f.... planes, no reserve and anemic strike power. And when you arrive at higher tier? Your planes get shredded and you can't  really do anything about it. Why should play a frustrating class in wich i struggle to do 80k of damage when in my montana in the last 2 week I'm  averaging 160k of damage? Or 120 in mino and so on.

Or they give them back some power or this cvs  will became rarer than the old ones

• Cool 7

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,438 posts
6,512 battles

I've had them in a lot of my games today...

Just a side thought: You know how people complain that there are no fighters? How about adding the ability for planes to use their guns? As far as I know even bombers had them. They don't have to be particularly effective, but just enough to cause the enemy cv to turn around or something like that. Basically, instead of initiating a bombing run, you'd initiate a strafe run in a straight (or curved I don't know) line. This way even bombers could function as fighters, albeit slightly less effective.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
838 posts
7,381 battles
7 minutes ago, domen3 said:

I've had them in a lot of my games today...

Just a side thought: You know how people complain that there are no fighters? How about adding the ability for planes to use their guns? As far as I know even bombers had them. They don't have to be particularly effective, but just enough to cause the enemy cv to turn around or something like that. Basically, instead of initiating a bombing run, you'd initiate a strafe run in a straight (or curved I don't know) line. This way even bombers could function as fighters, albeit slightly less effective.

"Nope" cit

It would widen the skill gap too much, and it would  add a layer of frustration,  you find that player that just spends the entire game countering you  ( and not playing himself, really) and you don't  play.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,712 posts
9,928 battles

Enough Midways to be found at tier X. Hop into a Minotaur and pew pew for days.

• Cool 1