Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ForlornSailor

CVs and Operations

13 comments in this topic

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles

I would like to bring the attention to something, that (to my knowledge) hasnt been mentioned yet. That is CVs in T7 Operations. Not only are we down to 4 OPs atm - but CVs are now excluded from 1 of them, which is Narai.

What if someone had fun playing his Kaga in Narai (and Ultimate Frontier for that matter)? Shouldnt we change the Operations, so that T8 CVs are allowed to participate in the T7 Operations?

Which brings me to another question: Will the removed Operations return? Im not sure if you at WG have realized, but Operations have gained a dedicated community. The ingame Operations channel was really active during the last half of 2018. People especially loved Dynamo and Cherry Blossom. Not only that - the diversity is missing right now.

So, my two questions @MrConway @Crysantos:

- Will all/some of the removed Operations return? If yes - Is there a scedule?

- Are you concidering to allow CVs in T7 Operation(s)?

• Cool 3

Players
3,022 posts
7,137 battles

My guess would be that chances are very good they will retrun, if only for them not returning being a vast waste of resources and because they stated they were removed due to plane AI basically needing a rewrite.

I always found carriers not as powerful for the t7 operations, mostly due to relatively strong AA.

But the thing is, for some reason I actually liked the operations more without enemy carriers (after they got removed from the operations), but the t6 ones were extremely fun to play with the RTS carriers :Smile_great:

My guess will be that the arcade carriers we got now will be less powerful, but it's still early. We may get some new favorites yet. And as I kept my t6 CVs, I'm sure as heck gonna be taking them out in the next coming months (unless they really get nerfed into the ground, but I'm not expecting this).

• Cool 1

Players
3,022 posts
7,137 battles

And returning Cherry Blommon as a farmable ops will probably also help sales of Wichita :Smile_coin:

Players/WG win/win!:Smile_great:

(but a bit less so if dynamo doesn't retrun as an at least decent farmable ops, as many people actually bought cossack/sims for this ops specifically).

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
39 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

My guess will be that the arcade carriers we got now will be less powerful, but it's still early. We may get some new favorites yet. And as I kept my t6 CVs, I'm sure as heck gonna be taking them out in the next coming months (unless they really get nerfed into the ground, but I'm not expecting this).

They are really good in Aegis :)

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Players
329 posts
8,491 battles
15 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

With all the Aobas popping defAA I always had some problems getting hits on the early groups and lost lots of planes in the past. They were helpful when the enemy CVs appear. A good DD player who moves to the A line in time so he is there when the CVs spawn will pretty much do the same and torp the CVs before they start most of their planes.

[NWP]
Players
4,353 posts
6,233 battles
11 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

With all the Aobas popping defAA I always had some problems getting hits on the early groups and lost lots of planes in the past. They were helpful when the enemy CVs appear. A good DD player who moves to the A line in time so he is there when the CVs spawn will pretty much do the same and torp the CVs before they start most of their planes.

Pre-rework CVs were my least favorite (together with DDs) pick in Aegis. The first group was almost untouchable, and dropping it usually made it worse because they all turned in so you made them angle against your team. 2nd and 3rd group were mostly dependant on the ships, and against the CVs a DD/Cruiser mostly could deal with it.

But after rework? They actually work in Aegis. Ive played a couple of matches, and my best were 140k with both Ranger and Ryujo. And more is possible, i still fucked up some drops, mostly AP bombs. CV is especially good vs the Fuso, if you manage to get a Permaflood right away.

[_OPC_]
Players
416 posts
11,845 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Nope they aren't. You are better with dd or cruiser with high dpm.

I can do over 200k+ in fushun and CV ... well getting 100k I consider to be good result

• Cool 3

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles
3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

What if someone had fun playing his Kaga in Narai (and Ultimate Frontier for that matter)? Shouldnt we change the Operations, so that T8 CVs are allowed to participate in the T7 Operations?

@MrConway@Crysantos

I had alot of fun in Narai with my Kaga using the secondary cannons. Also in ultimate frontier but since the nerf I can't use them in any operations anymore. I want my money back damnit! I have no use for doublons!!

• Cool 2

Players
4,333 posts
7,745 battles

At first I wanted to suggest bumping T7 ops into T8, but then anyone who purchased tier 7 premiums with Ops in mind would cause significant emotional event on the forums, me included:Smile_hiding:

So enabling T8 CV participaing in T7 ops would be easier solution.

And when we're at it, remove nation/ship type limit from Hermes/Cherry, but to give incentive to play "proper" ships, run repeating challenge alongside Ops. "Do I want to play Cleveland for that +50% exp bonus or grind Hipper... decisions, decisions"

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
4,353 posts
6,233 battles
22 hours ago, morgoroth said:

Nope they aren't. You are better with dd or cruiser with high dpm.

I can do over 200k+ in fushun and CV ... well getting 100k I consider to be good result

In Aegis they are better than before. While in others, i assume they are a bit worse

Killer Whale f.e. i liked with old CVs, but i think they are less strong there than before.

19 hours ago, Panocek said:

So enabling T8 CV participaing in T7 ops would be easier solution.

Yep, i dont think there is anything which would prevent that. The AA from certain ships in T7 OPs was tweaked anyway (im pretty sure about it). So if T8 CVs would be too strong, then adjust the AA a bit.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles
23 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

I would like to bring the attention to something, that (to my knowledge) hasnt been mentioned yet. That is CVs in T7 Operations. Not only are we down to 4 OPs atm - but CVs are now excluded from 1 of them, which is Narai.

Which brings me to another question: Will the removed Operations return? Im not sure if you at WG have realized, but Operations have gained a dedicated community. The ingame Operations channel was really active during the last half of 2018. People especially loved Dynamo and Cherry Blossom. Not only that - the diversity is missing right now.

So, my two questions @MrConway @Crysantos:

- Will all/some of the removed Operations return? If yes - Is there a scedule?

- Are you concidering to allow CVs in T7 Operation(s)?

Firstly yes, they will return but I cannot share a schedule yet.

And regarding T7 operations it is certainly on the table, but I know of no concrete plans yet.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,713 posts
9,928 battles
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:

And regarding T7 operations

Any news on the speculated tier X operations?

Sign in to follow this