Sign in to follow this  
WarthogABZ

The hard questions round #348

4 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
Players
101 posts
15,212 battles

To our beloved and revered WG management team. Please, can someone answer the following questions:

• What are the general demographics of the CV player base? i.e. WR/ Tier/ Games played / Region
  • what percentage of the 4% are good CV players i.e  above 50% WR to be generous
  • Why was it a "game balance" or improvement to introduce HE rocket firing aircraft into the equation
  • Why does W.G. think it should use its  "Premium account" players to act as unpaid crash dummies whilst testing on the production servers
  • Why should average players have their game experience ruined by poor CV players who cannot / will not contribute to the TEAM 

None of these questions require releasing proprietary company information or jeopardise any W.G. company confidential information and @Migantium_Mashum so rightly states, the only response is that these types of questions get ignored and the topic locked down by WG staff. 

"CV" changes / balance / "Improvement" were allegedly brought on by (WG's own stat) 4% of the player base.  I get it is a big ask to get fair, random teams across multiple countries and languages. In general WG have tried hard. It ain't perfect but where so small a percentile can & does have such a massive impact on the game....... Why does this stand out like blind Fressy's dog ^%$@ to me?

There are so many quick win's for WG in this mess, however the silence fuels the discontent / screws player retention and word of mouth will in the end hurt  far more than players venting on their forums, that get ignored.

1 line apologies, questionable sincerity coupled with marketing practices that appear to cause unintended reactions...... someone, somewhere within WG really needs to get a grip on this

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Players
777 posts
4,778 battles

Good questions, i am curious for the answer too.

I am not against rockets, enjoy them actually. But it is not someting i wished for when i was playing RTS style CV, although i did wish my fighters could mg strafe ships.  Nor was it removal of controllable  air supriority fighters.

What does make me wonder i often fly next to or very near enemy aircraft without any real means - fighter consumbale does not work very well as you leave it at some point while you move away from it  - of engaging them. This feels absurd. Bit like WW1 movies where pilots gallantly wave at each other, wishing each other luck....that is not war...

• Cool 1

[L7P]
Beta Tester
151 posts
7,266 battles

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, Beastofwar said:

What does make me wonder i often fly next to or very near enemy aircraft without any real means - fighter consumbale does not work very well as you leave it at some point while you move away from it  - of engaging them. This feels absurd. Bit like WW1 movies where pilots gallantly wave at each other, wishing each other luck....that is not war...

And you cant expect a CV to be there just in time to set fighters over one just when he needs it. Its not like you vector a fighters and do your bombing or spotting at the same time.
On top of that the fighters are pretty much useless. You can set them right over a friendly, the enemy CV flies in, finishes his drop and only then the fighters start to engage. You really cant save anyone that really needs saving. If someone is low HP enough to die with of one bomb run, the CV can pretty much barge trough a set of fighters and still take him out.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Players
361 posts
5,220 battles
On 2/17/2019 at 7:38 AM, WarthogABZ said:

• 1 Why was it a "game balance" or improvement to introduce HE rocket firing aircraft into the equation
  • 2 Why does W.G. think it should use its  "Premium account" players to act as unpaid crash dummies whilst testing on the production servers
  • 3 Why should average players have their game experience ruined by poor CV players who cannot / will not contribute to the TEAM 

1: No idea

2 No idea

3 No idea

Sign in to follow this