Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colostomiser

Stealth

7 comments in this topic

[PUSH_]
[PUSH_]
Players
3 posts
12,916 battles

Is the current lack of DD stealth play due to near constant plane spotting a permanent fixture in WoW?

I have three years and hundreds of pounds invested in this game. I would like to make an informed decision about my future gaming and further investment.

If anyone has contact with the devs or any information on this (not speculation please) I would be grateful to hear it.

Thx.  

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,356 posts
11,267 battles
3 hours ago, Colostomiser said:

Is the current lack of DD stealth play due to near constant plane spotting a permanent fixture in WoW?

I have three years and hundreds of pounds invested in this game. I would like to make an informed decision about my future gaming and further investment.

If anyone has contact with the devs or any information on this (not speculation please) I would be grateful to hear it.

Thx.  

We're still facing a high tide of CV popularity (not as bad as first week but everybody and their dog is checking out the new class). This will likely persist for a bit due to the partial RN CV release next big patch and complete release the next after that, but a hype like this always dies down and even if WG don't introduce 1 CV/team rule, the numbers of double CV matches are already falling considerably and the matches without CVs aren't a big rarity anymore as well (talking about high tiers here). In 1 CV match you're likely to be spotted less than in old CV matches (more so if you're not the only DD - but, again, multiple DDs are a rule rather than exception now as well) and when there are no CVs, you might find the meta even now surprisingly friendly since people build AA rather than Anti-DD and Anti-torpedo.

That being said, as mentioned, there is a lot of CVs around and that's certainly not a friendly environment for most DDs and there are no definite promises about helping DDs made so far, just the general "our ideal is 1CV per team per match" and "we're monitoring the situation". If you're unsure about the direction of the game, you can always wait with your spending until things settle down a bit? I mean, even if you are spending a lot on this game, I don't think there's anything at the present moment that cries "here, you NEED to buy me RIGHT NOW" unless you are a compulsory shopper? :Smile-_tongue:

Players
2,475 posts
14,599 battles
4 hours ago, Colostomiser said:

Since WG has stated that spotting is less now than before 0.8.0, it doesn't seem like 'spotting' will be addressed anytime soon.  What is the likelihood of them working on a problem when they see no problem?

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,976 battles
12 hours ago, Colostomiser said:

Thx.  

I do not see spotting itself to be the main problem. Issue is the recent "fix" to detection, which ensured, that even after breaking contact and becoming un-spotted, your detection range STILL remains at maximum for 20 seconds (previously it would reset back to normal, if contact is broken allowing you to return to action quicker). This makes it quite impossible to maneuver aggressively in any ship, which relies on stealth, as its main form of protection (so not only DD issue, also problem for Cruisers). Of course, this will also mean, that once spotted and with the maximum spotting range in effect, planes with their warp speed will have no trouble finding you again at any time.In my opinion WG should revert the detection mechanic back to as it was before it was so ineptly "Fixed" and this would surely go long way to address the DD spotting as well as slew of other problematic gameplay issues (mainly helping to rid us of overwhelming passivity by enabling more aggressive gameplay in general).:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,661 posts
6 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

In my opinion WG should revert the detection mechanic back to as it was before it was so ineptly "Fixed"

Lucky for us, that's the plan.

After they fixed the bug, they now want to implement it as a properly coded feature.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,923 posts
11,172 battles
7 hours ago, Colostomiser said:

Thx.  

Unlikely

Average class percentage in high Tier per week since April last year on the EU server:

image.thumb.png.fe0baf0158873ab261f5a2c47a7389d9.png

image.thumb.png.6085ec293a05bc724be62eae7740707a.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190216/eu_week/average_class.html

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
34 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

After they fixed the bug, they now want to implement it as a properly coded feature.

Oh wow that is disturbing... Properly coded as the port UI or the interface in general?

Sign in to follow this