You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Humorpalanta

New gameplay meta

17 comments in this topic

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,472 battles

Soooo... I was very negative before and decided to give it a try because you know try and judge after.

Where has my country gone?  are strategies and tactics in this game? There is nothing. Point and click left...

Get in a blob, hide behind island or in smoke and let infinite number of planes spot for you... There is no use of concealment anymore. CV is gonna spot you anyway... And not just attacking planes but returning ones too.

I miss thinking and planning...

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[ADRIA]
Players
402 posts
11,204 battles
1 minute ago, Humorpalanta said:

Where has my country gone?  are strategies and tactics in this game?

In clan battles, everything else is just a sideshow, a filler between seasons. Until they find a way to ruin CBs as well, than I'm off for good.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
13 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Get in a blob, hide behind island or in smoke and let infinite number of planes spot for you... There is no use of concealment anymore. CV is gonna spot you anyway... And not just attacking planes but returning ones too.

Well, if you managed to get spotted by returning planes then you probably played some other game than WoWs...

Returning planes are

- invisible on the minimap for enemies (probably allies too, they wanted to do that but I'm not sure if they already did)

- invulnerable to AA

- incapable of spotting

Once they reach the return altitude, they effectively disappear from the game and only reappear for a brief moment while landing.

Now, I wonder about validity of your other, more vague and harder to verify observations...

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
626 posts
9,586 battles
29 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Soooo... I was very negative before and decided to give it a try because you know try and judge after.

Where has my country gone?  are strategies and tactics in this game? There is nothing. Point and click left...

I miss thinking and planning...

Get in a Minotaur, wait to see where the enemy blob is, go to the flank of the enemy blob. Machine gun the ever loving [edited]out of them and if the CV comes to you swat 50 plus planes out the sky. Works for me currently. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Get in a Minotaur, wait to see where the enemy blob is, go to the flank of the enemy blob. Machine gun the ever loving [edited]out of them and if the CV comes to you swat 50 plus planes out the sky. Works for me currently. 

Or derp around in Yubari & co. :cap_yes:

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
2 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Get in a blob, hide behind your CV.

Fify.

I have yet to see a single match today in which there wasn't least one :etc_swear: BB hiding behind CVs.

Also hiding behind islands ironically gives CVs the advantage and is therefore idiotic.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Fify.

I have yet to see a single match today in which there wasn't least one :etc_swear: BB hiding behind CVs.

Also hiding behind islands ironically gives CVs the advantage and is therefore idiotic.

Whether that's a problem depends on what you do with your CV, though. I often find myself glued to the biggest, baddest island I can find before me, so that nobody can shoot at me from the front and my planes don't have far to fly. Sometimes I find myself closer to the front than MOST BBs, since getting closer to the front than me would mean "pushing hard" :Smile_teethhappy:

...although my island-loving tendencies have their problems. In my last match I was on Two Brothers, the team split to the sides and not long after through the channel came a DM+DM+Minotaur trio. I spent most of the match (and most of my planes) frantically trying to support a friendly DM that cane to try and stop them from getting through. Against two DMs and a Minotaur.

Bad news: planes don't tend to live long when up against this line-up.

Good news: it was hilarious at one point where they all (or two of them? I'm not sure if one DM wasn't already dead at that point) hid in Mino's smoke, friendly DM fired Radar, enemy DM fired Radar so felt like they knew what was going on around them but there was nothing to spot my planes for them... Ah. Being able to fly over and attack with impunity a closely clustered Minotaur and 1-2 DMs, all that close enough that my hull was within their long-range AA aura already... well, talk about a cathartic experience for a traumatized CV player :Smile_trollface:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
40 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Whether that's a problem depends on what you do with your CV, though.

Considering I have witnessed two BBs (FdG and Musashi) not only go the 9-10 line on North but fail to kill an afk Ibuki once they finally managed to get their aft into the enemy spawn should tell you everything you need to know, really.

They ofc died without accomplishing anything - just like every other BB on my team.

Honestly it has gone so far at this point that I believe :etc_swear:ed :etc_swear:s like these deserve to get the CV rework shoved down their throats. I'm not even joking.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
38 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Considering I have witnessed two BBs (FdG and Musashi) not only go the 9-10 line on North but fail to kill an afk Ibuki once they finally managed to get their aft into the enemy spawn should tell you everything you need to know, really.(...)

Oh, you remind me of a match I had on PTS. I know it was a PTS, but bear with me. I've seen two Moskvas. One (enemy) was on ~2k hp after meeting with me (I died) plus some healing, the other (ours) was basically full hp and running away from kiting the other at a distance of maybe 10km?

The enemy Moskva was just sailing bow towards ours. And not even shooting at that one - she was shooting our other ships. Why, you ask? Well, for starters, it's easier to damage or even kill ships engaged in other fights than a full HP moskva that has her stern pointed towards you. The other reason: our Moskva was shooting AP. Only AP. At the hull of a very low hp enemy Moskva completely bow-on. This went on for like 3-4 minutes at least. Finally the enemy Moskva ran out of other targets, started shooting at the AP hero. AP hero felt pressured and the need to finish off the enemy quickly occurred to him (in the meantime some, I assume, stray overpens to the superstructure got the enemy back below 2k hp). And what you do when you need to quickly kill the enemy? Well, you turn to get your front guns in on the action, of course. Then the enemy Moskva loaded AP aaand you know the rest.

This spectacle made me realize that all these complete potatoes I usually rage about, about bad ammo choices, target selection, positioning? Most of them are actually pretty decent players if you compare them to the REAL bottom of the barrel :cap_fainting:

• Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
812 posts
16,048 battles
7 hours ago, quickr said:

In clan battles, everything else is just a sideshow, a filler between seasons. Until they find a way to ruin CBs as well, than I'm off for good.

But they will put CVs in Clan Batlles, watch my words....

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
1,294 posts
14,624 battles

Mmmh acctually doubtfoul imho cb already have several seasons of  wery eatablished format and are quite successfoul in long run they might but o dont think we will see that any time soon

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
29 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Mmmh acctually doubtfoul imho cb already have several seasons of  wery eatablished format and are quite successfoul in long run they might but o dont think we will see that any time soon

One of the primary goals stated by WG for the rework was to introduce CVs into CBs.

Yeah, I don't see how they can possibly fit now either.

[-FF-]
Players
750 posts
5,657 battles

I believe the players back in the very early stage of the game also did stick together to survive CV strikes. You all know what happened after that.

It will be the same.

And I do not always see a big blob. When AA balance is done better than now, I beleive I will really enjoy the variety of gameplay between CV games and non CV games. 

Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I hope people understand they will have to adapt to CV presence. Because I also believe there will be plenty of games without CVs as well.

There might be a peak again when RN CVs are released soon, but population will eventually decrease. We already see again several DDs per team, and this was something very rare just after 0.8.0.

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,472 battles
10 hours ago, eliastion said:

Well, if you managed to get spotted by returning planes then you probably played some other game than WoWs...

Returning planes are

- invisible on the minimap for enemies (probably allies too, they wanted to do that but I'm not sure if they already did)

- invulnerable to AA

- incapable of spotting

Once they reach the return altitude, they effectively disappear from the game and only reappear for a brief moment while landing.

Now, I wonder about validity of your other, more vague and harder to verify observations...

Not in the middle of the map returning but after it hit you and turning and leveling up. Spots you almost as long as the next turn arrives. Some 3-4 seconds invisibility happens but (I hope) you get my point.

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,472 battles
13 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I believe the players back in the very early stage of the game also did stick together to survive CV strikes. You all know what happened after that.

It will be the same.

And I do not always see a big blob. When AA balance is done better than now, I beleive I will really enjoy the variety of gameplay between CV games and non CV games. 

Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I hope people understand they will have to adapt to CV presence. Because I also believe there will be plenty of games without CVs as well.

There might be a peak again when RN CVs are released soon, but population will eventually decrease. We already see again several DDs per team, and this was something very rare just after 0.8.0.

I honestly don't think this gameplay can be balanced. It's either too strong for CVs to be able to cause damage or too weak and makes CVs pointless.

RTS CVs gave you a much bigger possibility to balance. They could have been balanced if WG listened to the community providing 1 zillion ideas...

In this gamestyle the problem is that you have 1 squadron at a time and you either hit with a good chance or you find yourself useless. There is no middle. There can't be. It's given by the fact that you have 1 squadron and you have to have a chance to attack but the ships have to have a chance to shoot down you. Like a force and an equally strong counterforce.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
878 posts
5,481 battles

1 hour ago, elblancogringo said:

It will be the same.

I agree with what you are saying here in that people are going to have to get used to the new meta and adapt accordingly but also I have noticed the trend atm of no cv's in quite a few games recently. ATM for me I have experienced the bus syndrome eg no cv's for a few games in a row and then TWO come at once. That isn't helping the balance situation IMO and this is an issue that needs addressing to be able to deliver some consistency and have a positive effect on balance.

1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

I honestly don't think this gameplay can be balanced. It's either too strong for CVs to be able to cause damage or too weak and makes CVs pointless.

RTS CVs gave you a much bigger possibility to balance. They could have been balanced if WG listened to the community providing 1 zillion ideas...

In this gamestyle the problem is that you have 1 squadron at a time and you either hit with a good chance or you find yourself useless. There is no middle. There can't be. It's given by the fact that you have 1 squadron and you have to have a chance to attack but the ships have to have a chance to shoot down you. Like a force and an equally strong counterforce.

Yup it does seem that the new cv system /meta is actually harder to balance for WG than the old one. 2 cv's per game followed by none is not helping.....

I use the example below as in this game we did stay as a group on the left flank whilst most of the enemy cv's efforts was concentrated on stopping us BUT with both cv's focusing on us and even with the Hoods good AA and a tight group tactic employed, with multiple targets they got through, not easily but they got through until it was me on my own and eventually finished  me off with bombs. The irony of this game is it was left for 4 cv's to pretty much battle it out by them selves and eventually we lost. Even with the 45 plane kills from me and 110 PLANE SHOT DOWN IN TOTAL BY THE TEAM.  Question : If we shot down 110 planes in total how the hell did the 4 cv's spend the last 5 mins battling it out? With what ? How do they have enough planes after all that to win? You tell me....

9rrjG9n.jpg

jxeqJmb.jpg

qa8FlgC.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
3,697 posts
7,337 battles
30 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

The irony of this game is it was left for 4 cv's to pretty much battle it out by them selves and eventually we lost. Even with the 45 plane kills from me and 110 PLANE SHOT DOWN IN TOTAL BY THE TEAM.  Question : If we shot down 110 planes in total how the hell did the 4 cv's spend the last 5 mins battling it out? With what ? How do they have enough planes after all that to win? You tell me....

This is perhaps the worst thing about the rework, it destroys the close games, eg:  behind on points but you can turn it around, there's you and another cruiser left, the red team's surface fleet are all gone but it's 2 cv per side and then it's just wave after wave of rockets, torpedoes and bombs and there's literally nothing you can do.

Regarding the planes, I could be wrong but I think the T6 ships have a faster regen time than at T10.

• Cool 1