Thanks_for_all_the_fish

Don't want this game to die WG...

35 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts

I've had alot of fun playing WoWs. I got roped into it largely thanks to Jingles and his hilarious Youtube vids about it, and it did not disappoint once I finally tried it. It's filled my free time and it's cost me way more than I care to admit...but I've had fun, and that's worth ALOT. I've spent my brakes at work (and alot of time at home) watching vids by Jingles, Flamu, Flambass, IChasegaming, Nozoupforyou, Notser and more (my apologies for not naming you, but can't remember at the moment).

And I agree with them all. CVs as of old were Overpowered. But that was the thing...I was ok with that. After all, as a student of history I recognized that CVs was a paradigm-shift. From the age of the BB to the age of the CV. There's a reason CVs made BBs obsolete. They're able to project ALOT of power. And so, me facing a CV in combat that owned my team wasn't a big deal. And the biggest reason for this...IT WAS RARE. Mastering CVs to the level required was HARD. And that made them rare. If I saw 1 CV in 10 battles I was surprised.

Now they're EVERYWHERE. And YOU Wargaming have made this worse. You've made all missions you release require a "kill planes"-Count and ONLY in random. (Since you've released an incomplete patch where you had to shut down 1/2 the scenarios and remove CVs from the bots in co-op). And guess what...a good CV player (or worse, 2, since you've been drunk at the wheel and allowed more than 1/fight) can STILL win a fight for the team.

And all this has CLEARLY scared players off. Pre-0.8 I was used to seeing 28-32k players online at peak hours. Now that number is 22k. Which is scary, since I REALLY don't want this game to die. It took me a long time to find it and I LIKED it.

I'm not going to list "solutions" or "suggestions". Because I'll just spawn a debate among players then. I leave you only with one question I'd really like answered by an official representative: Has it been worth it?

• Cool 13

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles
2 minutes ago, Thanks_for_all_the_fish said:

I've had alot of fun playing WoWs. I got roped into it largely thanks to Jingles and his hilarious Youtube vids about it, and it did not disappoint once I finally tried it. It's filled my free time and it's cost me way more than I care to admit...but I've had fun, and that's worth ALOT. I've spent my brakes at work (and alot of time at home) watching vids by Jingles, Flamu, Flambass, IChasegaming, Nozoupforyou, Notser and more (my apologies for not naming you, but can't remember at the moment).

And I agree with them all. CVs as of old were Overpowered. But that was the thing...I was ok with that. After all, as a student of history I recognized that CVs was a paradigm-shift. From the age of the BB to the age of the CV. There's a reason CVs made BBs obsolete. They're able to project ALOT of power. And so, me facing a CV in combat that owned my team wasn't a big deal. And the biggest reason for this...IT WAS RARE. Mastering CVs to the level required was HARD. And that made them rare. If I saw 1 CV in 10 battles I was surprised.

Now they're EVERYWHERE. And YOU Wargaming have made this worse. You've made all missions you release require a "kill planes"-Count and ONLY in random. (Since you've released an incomplete patch where you had to shut down 1/2 the scenarios and remove CVs from the bots in co-op). And guess what...a good CV player (or worse, 2, since you've been drunk at the wheel and allowed more than 1/fight) can STILL win a fight for the team.

And all this has CLEARLY scared players off. Pre-0.8 I was used to seeing 28-32k players online at peak hours. Now that number is 22k. Which is scary, since I REALLY don't want this game to die. It took me a long time to find it and I LIKED it.

I'm not going to list "solutions" or "suggestions". Because I'll just spawn a debate among players then. I leave you only with one question I'd really like answered by an official representative: Has it been worth it?

22k is normal.

28+k is rare. It just happened that we had these numbers during the Xmas event...

• Bad 2

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles

Just had a look online...

Server numbers are really down now... I mean this is Saturday night prime time... Saturday nights were always 27k + sometimes as high as 34k.

553427923_Screenshot(935).thumb.png.c1570fe07bb4c44874bfe56bc05f11bb.png

Is the game heading for the..

Toilet.jpg.734263e3c54e3f749f650b1ec446f974.jpg

I have never in nearly 3 years of playing witnessed numbers this low....

Anybody think WG make a few serious mistakes?

288298522_Booboo.jpg.ac6a85d71b75f2e1ed3363fb3b0609c0.jpg

• Cool 4

[G-W-]
Players
140 posts
4,864 battles
24 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

22k is normal.

28+k is rare. It just happened that we had these numbers during the Xmas event...

Spamming alternative facts is not going to save you.
People have eyes and can see what is true and what is not.

• Cool 1

[HEROZ]
Beta Tester
39 posts
9,587 battles

the new ranked is absolute garbage and the new cv mode is just as bad and yeah i think they have hurt the game pretty badly with the content in recent months but we will see how much they really care about it in the long run i think they have farmed enough cash from people to go ahead and work on new games and leave these to die now 

• Cool 2

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles
46 minutes ago, Thanks_for_all_the_fish said:

Has it been worth it?

I asked the same question slightly differently worded...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Given the reactions from this forum along with the anger from the other forums in other languages:

"Do you, MrConway think the release of an unfinished rework on to a server where players pay real money to play was very clever?"

----------------------

Mr reply from MrConway was:

I don't know what my personal opinion matters in any kind of context, but I do think that it was absolutely necessary to release it to the live server - yes.

----------------------

Then he locked the topic..

Guess the people of WG land are now totally out of touch with the players...all to the detriment of the game.

21 Minutes later, down 1200 players...

745742348_Screenshot(937).thumb.png.f76f5e94639aa7ea4669ddd61ca29f05.png

6 minutes later

585384368_Screenshot(938).thumb.png.90c022643a2f3852012828fdce197af0.png

and don't anyone say this is normal...

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles
26 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

Spamming alternative facts is not going to save you.
People have eyes and can see what is true and what is not.

From a recent thread:

image.png.c5ef507a6a76914d62dd85f3468ba9

Weekly stats from April 2018 till now:

image.thumb.png.8d6e530450b03ee48775846df1562f0a.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190216/eu_week/average_class.html

(and the weeks before that)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
17 posts

I appreciate your effort ColonelPete, and I'm willing to admit that the christmas event DID boost the number of players. So ok, I'll re-emphasize (and this is something your graph seems to agree with). Pre 0.8 AND pre-christmas, numbers were higher. By quite alot. Which, again, is alarming for someone like me who does NOT want the game to die.

Also, without any numbers what--so-ever to support me other than personal experience...I've seen a huge change in how random battles play out.

Again, this is MY experience. It may vary for others. (All of this is t8+, as that's the game I want to learn and enjoy)

Pre 0.8:

1 CV in every 10 battles. (I'm unlucky, so about 7/10 of those placed me on the "owned" team ((again, I didn't mind, as rare as it was)))

Win/loss felt very about who had the best DDs or counter to them.

There was alot of long range sniping, but it didn't feel like the norm.

Post 0.8:

A fight without a CV is rare. Fights with more than 1 is NOT rare.

DDs have gone from 3-4/fight to 1 on average. (I'm willing to concede THIS is because of the ranked season)

Long range sniping is now the norm, since so many seem scared whitless by the new CVs and their limitless planes.

Unrelated but also, to anyone "checking me" I've hidden my stats because I find the practise of using that to determine "good" or "bad" offensive.

• Cool 1

[G-W-]
Players
140 posts
4,864 battles
27 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

From a recent thread:

image.png.c5ef507a6a76914d62dd85f3468ba9

Weekly stats from April 2018 till now:

image.thumb.png.8d6e530450b03ee48775846df1562f0a.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190216/eu_week/average_class.html

(and the weeks before that)

You post a graf proving my point that there is a decline in active players and you think that is going to help you. That is really funny! :-D
Are you aware of that the graf you posted prove yourself wrong?

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles
8 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

You post a graf proving my point that there is a decline in active players and you think that is going to help you. That is really funny! :-D
Are you aware of that the graf you posted prove yourself wrong?

Look at the numbers.

Look at the second graph, note the variations.

If every day with low player numbers is proof of the game "dying", why is it still here? Why are the battle numbers going up, despite the fact that the game is "dying" for over three years now, according to the doomsayers?

And why should I need help?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[G-W-]
Players
140 posts
4,864 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Look at the numbers.

Look at the second graph, note the variations.

If every day with low player numbers is proof of the game "dying", why is it still here? Why are the battle numbers going up, despite the fact that the game is "dying" for over three years now, according to the doomsayers?

And why should I need help?

I have no time for your spamming, the graph you yourself posted clearly show fewer players and if you are unable to read it I can not help you.
Look at your own stats:
15,251 posts
11,018 battles
It is undisputable proof that you have more interest in spamming then playing the actual game.
Your spamming is not helping anyone, and most of all it is very contraproductive for WG.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles
8 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

I have no time for your spamming, the graph you yourself posted clearly show fewer players and if you are unable to read it I can not help you.
Look at your own stats:
15,251 posts
11,018 battles
It is undisputable proof that you have more interest in spamming then playing the actual game.
Your spamming is not helping anyone, and most of all it is very contraproductive for WG.

Feel free to talk about me when you run out of arguments, it makes it easier for me. Then I do not need to explain what partial regression means and where you can see it.

Players
774 posts
4,773 battles

You guys do know that the amount of CV players is already normalizing what ?  I have seen CV only in 50 % of my games, and then mostly 1 per side. The only effect it had was give my ships nice airkills at the cost of some rather neglible damage.

I did see the effects of the nerfs too, as no torpedo hit me at all. They went past me at weird angles, so the learning curve is obviously too steep for many that do not use the CV class much. Bombs splashed around me doing nothing at all.

You guys complain over something that is not there. Being swamped by CV was no fun but really.....CV are not overpowerd at all. Not in the hands of average players, and these YTers are not average players.... CV can do good damage in the hands of skilled players, but isn't that true for any ship ??

For example : Little White Mouse rated the Huanghe as "garbage bote"......but i was highest scoring player in a random match, was bottom tier, won the match by capping a contested cap killing all there or driving them off, killed 8 aircraft,  and got 300K credits for it.....so does that mean the Huanghe  overpowered ? Must it be nerfed ? Ofcourse not. But if i had made a YT movie on it it would have looked it needed nerfing.

The ships "unicum'" players get their stats in ? Nerfbat ? Ofcourse not. Let the devs balance it with server stats showing what is what.

[BAD-A]
Players
101 posts
15,208 battles

Don't forget that these "CV" changes / balance / "Improvement were allegedly brought on by (WG's own stat) 4% of the player base. Having asked @MrConway ad nausea to enlighten the player base (i.e. us, the great unwashed average players) the following questions:\

• What are the general demographics of the CV player base? i.e. WR/ Tier/ Games played / Region
  • what percentage of the 4% are good CV players
  • Why was it a "game balance" or improvement to introduce HE rocket firing aircraft into the equation
  • Why does W.G. think it should use its  "Premium account" players to act as unpaid crash dummies whilst testing on the production servers
  • Why should average players have their game experience ruined by poor CV players who cannot / will not contribute to the TEAM

I get MM (not!) I get it is a big ask to get fair random teams across multiple countries and languages. To be fair in general WG have tried hard. It ain't perfect but where so small a percentile can & does have such a massive impact on the game

None of these questions require releasing proprietary company information or jeopardise any W.G. company confidential information and @Migantium_Mashum so rightly states, the only response is that these types of questions get ignored and the topic locked down by WG staff.

As a wise old man once told me, "never argue with the government, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with experience"..... There are so many quick win's for WG in this mess, however the silence fuels the discontent / screws player retention and word of mouth will in the end hurt  far more than players venting on their forums, that get ignored.

1 line apologies, questionable sincerity coupled with marketing practices that appear to cause unintended reactions...... someone, somewhere within WG really needs to get a grip on this

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles
Just now, Sprockett said:

This was posted multiple times, there is even a topic for that....

• Cool 1

Players
774 posts
4,773 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Average class percentage in high Tier per week since April last year on the EU server:

image.thumb.png.fe0baf0158873ab261f5a2c47a7389d9.png

image.thumb.png.6085ec293a05bc724be62eae7740707a.png

This makes perfect sense to me.

You see the influx of CV users declining to original values again, so the CV will not be so populair they will be game breaking. You see the dent DD class took because of the influx of CV suddenly hunting them go back up again because there are less CV around again, or they adapted to changed playstyles.

WG knew this would happen, as it happend so many times before. Still if the goal was to make CV much more populair they failed if things do not change. But my thinking is they do this on purpose to normalize the balance but will in future lift or slacken some of the nerfs. They will have UK carriers to sell, can't profit from it if not much players want them.

The declining numbers after a peak when something new is released everyone wants to try out can be normal. But in my opinion WG overdid the nerfs to the class so a situation arose there is an enormous steep learning curve before you can be effective with a CV. This is not player friendly at all and will never make the class more populair if it remains so.

• Cool 2

[NODDY]
[NODDY]
Beta Tester
13 posts
8,619 battles
43 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

This was posted multiple times, there is even a topic for that....

it got closed for comment!

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
Players
84 posts

I won't start my own topic because nobody should care that much but I do want to leave some feedback. I fell in love with WoWs a year and a half ago. I became ship collector and if I'm not a "whale" then I don't know who is. I spend money on WoWs because it's a lot of fun and I want to support the developers. But I'm also aware how 'buying into' endgame ruins it for others so my PVP gameplay has nothing to do with my spending habits. I play and unlock ship lines and learn the tech tree ships as I go.

Like the OP, I was fine with the way CVs could disproportionately impact a match. It felt historical and appropriate most of the time. All in all, I believe the CV change made things worse almost for everyone. I would be happier with CVs being removed completely or reverted to pre 0.8.0. What drew me to WoWs was the more strategic, slower pace of gameplay, appropriate for big ships of war. The game had that before the rework. Oh, it wasn't perfect, it never is, but the rework moved it towards a more action-oriented, arcadey feel which in my opinion is NOT unique and will not ensure the game's longevity.

I found myself discouraged and I see friends and clanmates in the game less and less.

I'll stick with the game but as someone with years of experience in the games industry I feel like the CV rework was a branding mistake. It's trying to push WoWs into something it isn't and will not be able to compete in that space anyway. Reverting to old CVs and continuing to work on their balance (fighters?!) may really be a better path. Importantly, submarines in their Halloween form would be an even bigger blow to the unique pace and style of Warships and they will definitely make me quit the game if they can't be opted out of.

Good luck, Wargaming, but don't be too proud to back out of a bad call.

• Cool 5

[-APR-]
[-APR-]
Players
5 posts
9,607 battles

Well i played this game 3+ years with big pleasure and against t10 cv and against 2 lower tier cv and  ok sometimes i survive sometimes no when cv atack now after this famous big update when cv see me i m dead except when play worchester or minotaur others can defend from cv spam from sky.

This is from last game tonight JEAN BART with aa on 88 and all modules sinked with one sqad torpedo bombers downed 1 planes .

Sory wg planers this not more my game  wich i play with pleasure have just some premium time to be in game and game going to trash i dont wont to participate in game where i will be target for sky spam ship regardless wich ship i play

DD-s dont play after 2 day this update is useless can not spot , cap, defend from cv with aa is out off all coments plains come ewery  seconds.

And game where all time hear AA guns is not for me  and when you make cv to have n number atack why AA is downed on crusers and battleships if this game not maked just for CV players.

2019-02-17 18-36-33-761.jpg

2019-02-17 18-43-24-898.jpg

bandicam 2019-02-17 18-40-57-700.jpg

• Cool 4

[TEA]
Players
954 posts
4,253 battles
15 hours ago, Minivinipho said:

Well i played this game 3+ years with big pleasure and against t10 cv and against 2 lower tier cv and  ok sometimes i survive sometimes no when cv atack now after this famous big update when cv see me i m dead except when play worchester or minotaur others can defend from cv spam from sky.

This is from last game tonight JEAN BART with aa on 88 and all modules sinked with one sqad torpedo bombers downed 1 planes .

Sory wg planers this not more my game  wich i play with pleasure have just some premium time to be in game and game going to trash i dont wont to participate in game where i will be target for sky spam ship regardless wich ship i play

DD-s dont play after 2 day this update is useless can not spot , cap, defend from cv with aa is out off all coments plains come ewery  seconds.

And game where all time hear AA guns is not for me  and when you make cv to have n number atack why AA is downed on crusers and battleships if this game not maked just for CV players.

Clearly you must be doing something wrong if you only shot down 1 plane with your AA build JB!?

My ships are all secondary builds and I managed to shoot down 60 planes in a Tier 8 BB:

unknown.png?width=1120&height=630

[IS-FT]
Players
147 posts
10,378 battles
4 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Clearly you must be doing something wrong if you only shot down 1 plane with your AA build JB!?

My ships are all secondary builds and I managed to shoot down 60 planes in a Tier 8 BB:

unknown.png?width=1120&height=630

15 hours ago, Minivinipho said:

First of all, CV's can dodge Flak clouds.

Second of all, youre AA maybe was already lowered due to HE, since your first slot is for Maingun not AA, or AA sector chosen wrong.

Funny thing is, in slot 1 the AA module says "100% survivability", but when in game after some attacks it sank down to 83% like wtf?