Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronin_Cahill

Flag to remove risk of mag detonation, is it only 99%

50 comments in this topic

[_CHN_]
[_CHN_]
Players
14 posts

so I had my Leningrad in a match a few min ago, had the flag for removing the risk of my mag detonation. I was shot once and it blew, I got the notice in the chat window my magazine was detonated. so I am guessing the flag is only 99% effective and there is still a slight chance you will pop. can someone clarify this, and if it is 100% and I was the victom of a game glitch where to I submit a ticket, and what would I be reimbursed?

thanks 

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Search function, use it.

Just now, Beastofwar said:

Just sell them , they are worth some credits....i always do :-)

piccard.gif

• Funny 9
  • Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
11 minutes ago, Ronin_Cahill said:

so I had my Leningrad in a match a few min ago, had the flag for removing the risk of my mag detonation. I was shot once and it blew, I got the notice in the chat window my magazine was detonated. so I am guessing the flag is only 99% effective and there is still a slight chance you will pop. can someone clarify this, and if it is 100% and I was the victom of a game glitch where to I submit a ticket, and what would I be reimbursed?

thanks 

That is a bit strange. I think you probably have some flags on that increase the flooding chance. That flag also increases the risk of mag detonation, while your detonation flag reduces the chance of 100%, it perhaps doesn't take into account the flag of increased detonation chance. This was the case earlier.

However, I thought this was supposed to be changed, meaning detonation flag really should void the possibility of detonation altogether, regardless of other factors such as flags increasing the detonation chance. Perhaps that's not the case still... Anyone?

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,830 battles
1 minute ago, Sugertukas said:

Detonation flag does not give 100% protection.

Otherwise it' use would be compulsory.

[JRM]
Players
1,306 posts
14,648 battles

One of fire flags and flood flag give increased chance of detonation so if you fly them you cant be immune and lenny will  usually fly at least the fire flag, that said it is rather rare to pop with the flag on...

[RNSF]
Players
78 posts
2,610 battles

The flag specifically states "Completely eliminates the risk of your ships magazine detonation".

So it should completely eliminate the risk of explosion. 

If it does not then that breaks all types of advertising rules etc. 

Why do you guys just accept this BS from WG all the time instead of growing a pair and telling them to fix it. 

There are well over 200+ known bugs still remaining in this game but yet everyone seems completely apathetic to it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
8 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

That is a bit strange. I think you probably have some flags on that increase the flooding chance. That flag also increases the risk of mag detonation, while your detonation flag reduces the chance of 100%, it perhaps doesn't take into account the flag of increased detonation chance. This was the case earlier.

However, I thought this was supposed to be changed, meaning detonation flag really should void the possibility of detonation altogether, regardless of other factors such as flags increasing the detonation chance. Perhaps that's not the case still... Anyone?

Let me go out on a limb and guess the OP only "thought" he had the flag on, probably already spent all of them.

5 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

Oh but it does...

• Cool 4

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,830 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Why?

So a DD would not detonate?

Personally, I only run them on high tier DDs or one's that will be shot at a lot (so, mainly not IJN DDs).

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Just 15 min and this thread is already worth a massive :fish_palm:

14 minutes ago, Ronin_Cahill said:

thanks 

The flag is 100% effective. It's:

(total detonation chance) * 0 = can't detonate

If you did detonate - you didn't have the flag equipped

Simple way to check - give us the replay

By default your last 30 replays are saved, you can find them in "Replays" folder wherever you have your WoWS installed to. Default path is something like

C:\Games\World_of_Warships\replays

8 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I think you probably have some flags on that increase the flooding chance. That flag also increases the risk of mag detonation, while your detonation flag reduces the chance of 100%, it perhaps doesn't take into account the flag of increased detonation chance. This was the case earlier.

3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

One of fire flags and flood flag give increased chance of detonation so if you fly them you cant be immune and lenny will  usually fly at least the fire flag, that said it is rather rare to pop with the flag on...

No, that was never the case. Detonation flag is applied to everything AFTER you get your sum detonation chance making it a guaranteed 0

5 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

Yes it does

13 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

youre_serious_futurama.gif

• Cool 15

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
Just now, BrusilovX said:

So a DD would not detonate?

Personally, I only run them on high tier DDs or one's that will be shot at a lot (so, mainly not IJN DDs).

Yea, but why would it be compulsory to use them if the protection was 100% compared to 99%..? They're still mandatory in competitive regardless.

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No, that was never the case. Detonation flag is applied to everything AFTER you get your sum detonation chance making it a guaranteed 0

Really... :cap_hmm: How sure are you of this?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
5 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Really... :cap_hmm: How sure are you of this?

Same % as listed in the flags description :Smile_trollface:

Every time someone goes "I detonated with the flag!" They either can't provide the replay, or a simple few second examination of the replay shows that they actually didn't have the signal mounted

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,830 battles
11 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Yea, but why would it be compulsory to use them if the protection was 100% compared to 99%..? They're still mandatory in competitive regardless.

So, you're struggling to understand the difference between 100% and 99%?   I'll give you a hint - 100% means it (detonation) will definitely not happen while 99% means there is a slim chance that it will 

I never mentioned competitively and neither had you until this point.  In  competitive battle (ranked or clan wars) then it's compulsory.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,429 posts
36 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Post of the day...in idiot land :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
1,218 posts
2,535 battles
53 minutes ago, Ronin_Cahill said:

thanks 

NO. The flag reduces the risk by 100%.

But other flags increase your detonation risk, so you used the anti det for 100% reduction but a flag that gave say a 5% increase in detonation chance.

The flag effects are cumulative so  -100 + 5 = -95% chance of detonation. 

Is how I thought it works, but Bugger me with a barge poll you learn something new everyday !!!! from tyhe wiki ...

• -100% to the risk of your ship's magazine detonating.

Note: This flag reduces detonation chance to zero, regardless of other modifiers that may increase the chance of detonation (such as India X-Ray and Juliet Whiskey Unaone).
  •  
Edited by Fat_Maniac
I stand corrected
  • Bad 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,656 posts
2 hours ago, Ronin_Cahill said:

thanks 

If you have the replay available please send it to support.

There have been reports that ships detonated despite the signal being mounted. That's not how it is supposed to work but Wargaming was unable to trace the bug yet. It seems to happen only very rarely. We have confirmation that mounting this signal should eliminate any chance for detonation no matter what other signals you have set (though I don't have the link available to prove it).

Edit: Found one source (by Sub_Octavian).

2. Detonation is basically a crit for the magazine, but its effect is big kaboom instead of breaking a module. There's basic explosion %chance, which increases along with damage the magazine has taken. Mathematically, JC signal reduces the chance to 0, without any way to influence it. Magazine mod.1 is chance x 0.3. "Offensive" signals also multilpy, but as I said, Juliet Charlie has absolute effect that cannot be overruled.

• Cool 1

Players
2,475 posts
14,599 battles
1 hour ago, Ronin_Cahill said:

so I had my Leningrad in a match a few min ago, had the flag for removing the risk of my mag detonation. I was shot once and it blew

I believe WG changed the mechanic and full health ships do not detonate, plus a few years ago WG clarified that the flag grants 100% protect regardless of other flags.

So.

The Juliet Charlie signal drops the chance of detonations down to zero, no matter what.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/125677-fun-and-engaging-science-part-two/

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
24 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

So, you're struggling to understand the difference between 100% and 99%?   I'll give you a hint - 100% means it (detonation) will definitely not happen while 99% means there is a slim chance that it will 

I never mentioned competitively and neither had you until this point.  In  competitive battle (ranked or clan wars) then it's compulsory.

I think you're struggling more than me tbh.

Players
3,700 posts
7,338 battles
36 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Post of the day...in idiot land :Smile_veryhappy:

I wonder what the little :-) at the end of the post means?

[NWP]
Players
1,881 posts
12,596 battles
2 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

I wonder what the little :-) at the end of the post means?

The sign of a player who claims to fully understand the game

[-TXG-]
Players
2,429 posts

Personally I use them on every ship in every random/ranked battle and have done since Jan 2016. Last detonation = Jan 2016.

Players
3,700 posts
7,338 battles
6 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

The sign of a player who claims to fully understand the game

I'm not sure what you mean.