Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cosmin_Lascu

idea for next wofws

23 comments in this topic

[TBHXX]
Players
11 posts
3,505 battles

1 to decrease the range of main cannons in all ships by 8% to increase the rate of close combat :).
2 . We have fog, rain, snow falls. I would love to see lightning, I would love to see the sea (ocean) shaken with waves of 5-6 meters.
3. to see some people on the boat. it would be very nice.
4. More talk on the boat. to hear how the captain orders, to hear how officers speak. to hear how sailors speak. to hear screaming or swearing.
5. I wish a lot of success to the whole team.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,651 posts
3 hours ago, Cosmin_Lascu said:

2 . We have fog, rain, snow falls. I would love to see lightning, I would love to see the sea (ocean) shaken with waves of 5-6 meters.

Suggested before. Will not happen. There is enough randomness in the game that Wargaming feels comfortable with it and they do not want to add random ship movement due to waves on top of it.

That will never happen during battles. Having crew on deck, and potentially hit and killed due to the battle actions, would affect the rating of the game in a way not welcome to Wargaming.

We might someday get a few crew animations in port. Wargaming had a video about them working on such a thin a few years back. We also once had a little cook on board the MIssouri (when the Captain John Doe was still called Steven Seagul). The animation was removed when the captain was renamed.

4. More talk on the boat. to hear how the captain orders, to hear how officers speak. to hear how sailors speak. to hear screaming or swearing.

To much chatter will distract from the battle. As we will not get crews it doesn't make sense to voice them.

Cheers.

Modder
1,660 posts
3,542 battles

You have already something like the captian speaking "the battle starts","torpedos ahaed",etc...thats enough imho...However not saying that there isnt a room for imprevement - like acting. Especially the CV squad leader sounds incredibly bored, also would help if his voice had some radio com effect imho. Would be a definitely more immersive.

Players
759 posts
4,756 battles

1 to decrease the range of main cannons in all ships by 8% to increase the rate of close combat :).

All points would make it an even better game, even gameplay would probably be better if the ratings went up an really young players can't play it anymore. But WG ofcourse wants as many customers as possible. Is even aiming for console players who are often somewhat younger then PC players. So it won't happen.

Players
1,016 posts
7,773 battles
4 hours ago, Cosmin_Lascu said:

1. I've often felt a dedicated WW1 era game would be really cool. Roughly from pre-dreadnoughts to Bayern/Mackensen class era. Short engagement ranges, lots of brawling, no planes (I like them but there's an argument to be made for playing without).

3. During gameplay probably not. Slinging 100-460 mm high explosives at humans is a nasty, messy business (see link). However I would LOVE to have a few crewmembers on deck at port. It'd be great for a sense of scale -- looking at the ship in port, there's often this feel of looking at a smaller toy ship.

Spoiler

Players
759 posts
4,756 battles
9 minutes ago, jss78 said:

1. I've often felt a dedicated WW1 era game would be really cool. Roughly from pre-dreadnoughts to Bayern/Mackensen class era. Short engagement ranges, lots of brawling, no planes (I like them but there's an argument to be made for playing without).

Hide contents

Yes i feel that way too.....now great WW 1 warships are treated as "worthless" low tier ship you go through in 1-3 matches and probably never revisit.

They really should have (pre ) WW 1 operations too. So much (all) important sea battles then. Giving players a reason to use them again and actually enjoy them. ( other then clubbing newcomers if that is what you do )

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,047 posts
5,829 battles

5 hours ago, Cosmin_Lascu said:

1. Range is relative.  If the range is reduced players will still be 'at the back camping'.  The only way to 'get up close and personal' would be prior to gunpowder.

2. Lighting as an effect would be OK.  I doubt that the game engine let alone the players would handle the 5-6 metre waves.

3. As others have posted crew members would be few above board (AA members) and most would be wearing some sort of 'flash' gear.   Having people on board may mean the game would have a higher rating which could hit the player base.  In the port would be OK.

4.  Make it an option rather than compulsory.

1 hour ago, jss78 said:

3. During gameplay probably not. Slinging 100-460 mm high explosives at humans is a nasty, messy business (see link). However I would LOVE to have a few crewmembers on deck at port. It'd be great for a sense of scale -- looking at the ship in port, there's often this feel of looking at a smaller toy ship.

Reveal hidden contents

Well, WG have the basic of a WWI game already - just need more ships to 'flesh out' the lower tiers.

Don't forget that is just a movie.  I presume no matter how graphic the violence is it pales in comparison to reality.

Players
759 posts
4,756 battles

I wondered why so many were willing to die in such horrible ways anyway. Not only would those on deck and on the unarmoured decks be torn apart by a hell of fire, pressure shocks and flying metal parts, those down below faced drowning or being entombed on the bottom of the sea as losing boyancy these ships litterally fell to the bottom as the clumps of steel they are. There must be quite some amount of mummified sailors in still airtight compartments laying on the bottom of the sea. They died in cold darkness of sufflication or thirst and after many days. There are well known stories about what hapend if you actually got off ship in the Pacific too....of sailors being dragged down by sharks one at a time, drinking salt water out of thirst and dying of that.

But i guess the life when not in combat would have been better on board a ship ( the food must have been ) then living in trenches or in fields as a infantry soldier...and then be torn apart by artillery or machine gun fire.

Maybe it's for the best our ships are only "machines" without people on them. But for the correct feeling of their inmense size it would be nice to have men on it in port.

• Cool 2

[DC-DK]
Players
2,391 posts
24,368 battles
22 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I wondered why so many were willing to die in such horrible ways anyway.

They didn't had a choice to put it short. When you're a service man you do what you have been told.

• Cool 1

Players
759 posts
4,756 battles
20 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

They didn't had a choice to put it short. When you're a service man you do what you have been told.

Certainly not all were drafted into service. Depending on country the majority chose to be on a ship.

Even in pre-Napoleonic times it seems, as life aboard was still better then laying in the gutters in a city or living in shoddy hut working hard on the land for some exploiting landowner and dying young. Escaping poverty ( for a while ) seems to have continued to play a big part in it, as many naval countries common people were dirt poor before the 1950's. Even now profesional armies have people in their lower ranks that do not have many options out of the military.

And if you see the footage of American and German life onboard the ships it could be called "luxurious" if compared to the life of a common infantryman at that time. But if your ship was hit and sunk...you would pay for that living in relative luxury dearly.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,391 posts
24,368 battles

To be honest survival rate on Navy personnel vs grunts is in favour of the Navy. Exept for German submariners which had 75% loss ratio. 

[-RM-]
Players
351 posts
5,213 battles
5 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Yes i feel that way too.....now great WW 1 warships are treated as "worthless" low tier ship you go through in 1-3 matches and probably never revisit.

They really should have (pre ) WW 1 operations too. So much (all) important sea battles then. Giving players a reason to use them again and actually enjoy them. ( other then clubbing newcomers if that is what you do )

I like the idea.. Battle of Jutland with only ships active before june 1916 allowed.

Players
268 posts
8 hours ago, Egoleter said:

That will never happen during battles. Having crew on deck, and potentially hit and killed due to the battle actions, would affect the rating of the game in a way not welcome to Wargaming.

I can't see, why this would effect the rating of the game. If a manned AA mount is hit by a shell, there would be an explosion and after the cloud disappears, you would see a destroyed AA gun like it is now. There's no need to add blood or splatter effects.

Players
759 posts
4,756 battles
1 hour ago, Ronchabale said:

I like the idea.. Battle of Jutland with only ships active before june 1916 allowed.

Was trying to tell that to WG guys during a stream. Sadly thye did/could not react to it.

I really think they should do that, make low tier Operations out of famous battles. They have lots of - famous - buyable premiums too, with no other purpose then collecting them or clubbing newcomers with them.

They should give them a proper setting. And then sell the premium ones to fight in such a worthwhile setting:-))

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,651 posts
4 hours ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

I can't see, why this would effect the rating of the game. If a manned AA mount is hit by a shell, there would be an explosion and after the cloud disappears, you would see a destroyed AA gun like it is now. There's no need to add blood or splatter effects.

Doesn't matter. It's still violance added to the game for no real need. The game works fine without it.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,391 posts
24,368 battles

Crew would be nice to have in port, Just for measure the scale of a given ship.

[TIPC]
Players
389 posts
17,277 battles
18 hours ago, Cosmin_Lascu said:

if you want all those just watch a historical battle movie dont play online games

[L4GG]
Players
1,656 posts
6,503 battles
15 hours ago, puxflacet said:

You have already something like the captian speaking "the battle starts","torpedos ahaed

Yes I do, but since I changed the voices to have a national flavour I don't know what he's saying.

:crab:

Players
759 posts
4,756 battles
13 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Yes I do, but since I changed the voices to have a national flavour I don't know what he's saying.

:crab:

Me too unless in German or English :-))

Understand some of the French and Italian words, but not the language. And Japanese ? No idea no matter how often i hear them.

• Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,656 posts
6,503 battles
4 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Me too unless in German or English :-))

Understand some of the French and Italian words, but not the language. And Japanese ? No idea no matter how often i hear them.

IJN captains could be ordering more sake or more raw fish .

Players
759 posts
4,756 battles
15 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

IJN captains could be ordering more sake or more raw fish .

Forgot about the Russians...no idea what they say either. They could be ordering Vodka or Beluga Caviar. Or even "what does this fool want us to do ??"

• Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,656 posts
6,503 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

what does this fool want us to do ??"

Most certainly but adding comrade to that.

No, not again, comrade.

He thinks he's captain Kirk.

Weekend Tester
742 posts

How about a game which is about the cold war, Of course could not run  the ships as they  stand right now, It would have to be a completly different game.

Sign in to follow this