You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

Operations - Newport baswe defence - an nightmare !

83 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
219 posts
7,200 battles

Hi guys,

any of you got more then 3 stars on this week Operation ?

Last game I got 3 x more kills then the whole fraking team together,  and was still a loss.

Peoples ignore objectives, allow perimeter breach or die in first 2 minutes, the attack bots come in fast waves from all directions, they are smart enough to rain torps both sides, including launch torps in smoke, allied bots are worst then dumb (the so called "reinforcements" dumb dd bots dance around enemy bbs at 2 km and do not use torps, or if they use torps, they miss all of them; )

On other hand, the attacking bots have an high degree of strategy codded, and are merciless.

Please put here some of your 4 or even 5 stars wins, cuz my moral its underground now, I start to think its impossible to get 5 stars...

Here  my photo-rage after (another ! ) loss:

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.02.15 - 21.14.17.63.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.02.15 - 21.14.32.82.png

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
739 posts
2,912 battles

Do it with your clan or a group of friends. I dont particularly like operations, but they are much more fun and easy if you do them with friends.

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
284 posts
14,105 battles

The same experience, bots with 6th sense evading torps et cetera

leander-47.jpg

• Cool 1

Modder
4,002 posts
7,189 battles

Plays a DD in an operation, wonders why his team cannot win.

Dude, pick a cruiser and try to carry your team. In the battle you show above your team has three(!) destroyers. You cannot win with (too many) destroyers! Every DD is a wasted pick. Best picks are cruisers because of their DPM, then battleships because of their armor and heals. One DD is ok, if the player can play this class. And your personal playing skills in destroyers have huge room for improvements (kindly said).

But yes, this operation can be frustrating if you have players who have absolutely no clue what to do and what happened around them. And because of this, you have to pick a ship with a high impact on the outcome. And hint: that's never a destroyer!

• Cool 11

[SEN]
Players
219 posts
7,200 battles
13 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Dude, pick a cruiser and try to carry your team. In the battle you show above your team has three(!) destroyers. You cannot win with (too many) destroyers! Every DD is a wasted pick. Best picks are cruisers because of their DPM, then battleships because of their armor and heals. One DD is ok, if the player can play this class. And your personal playing skills in destroyers have huge room for improvements (kindly said).

But yes, this operation can be frustrating if you have players who have absolutely no clue what to do and what happened around them. And because of this, you have to pick a ship with a high impact on the outcome. And hint: that's never a destroyer!

From what I watched in over 3 dozens of this Op., your opinion its clueless - BEST performing ships in this operation are dds dude - facts & numbers tell the story, but you are blind maybe;  Cruisers die fast most of times - no smoke protection, bad reload on torps, bad agility compared with dds. Most of time dds get most kills, not cruisers. They cover the waters faster, can hide in smoke and keep the ground, and sure that let bbs and cruisers focused by bots. Bb.s can take a hit, cruisers get reduced to pieces much faster on focused fire.

Best results I got was in teams with 3 dds, 1-2 cruisers and 2-3 bbs. Are no many T6 great cruisers or with high RoF.

And, just to remember you a thing: my original question its not about "why his team cannot win." lol, but win with 4 or 5 stars !

Did you got a 4 or 5 stars win ? your image (not) posted here do not show that !

L2R !

• Funny 3
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

Players
740 posts
4,741 battles
36 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Hi guys,

any of you got more then 3 stars on this week Operation ?

Last game I got 3 x more kills then the whole fraking team together,  and was still a loss.

Peoples ignore objectives, allow perimeter breach or die in first 2 minutes, the attack bots come in fast waves from all directions, they are smart enough to rain torps both sides, including launch torps in smoke, allied bots are worst then dumb (the so called "reinforcements" dumb dd bots dance around enemy bbs at 2 km and do not use torps, or if they use torps, they miss all of them; )

On other hand, the attacking bots have an high degree of strategy codded, and are merciless.

Please put here some of your 4 or even 5 stars wins, cuz my moral its underground now, I start to think its impossible to get 5 stars...

Wrote a topic on that a few days ago....

It seems after some days the skill of players suddenly increases and you have a good chance of winning 3- 5 stars.  There is no real explenation as to why.

If you dont want to wait try use the Operations channel. Often being dead, sometimes there are players and groups are forming or you can try form your own group. Your chance of victory increases with a coordinated and willing group.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles

Before the cv nerf I could steadly make 5 - 4 stars with my Ryujo and outweight some of noobness...
Now, even if I hit all torpedoes, do acurrate bomb attacks and some rocket ones, I can barely do anything for the team.

CV rework really sucks.

Players
740 posts
4,741 battles
16 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Before the cv nerf I could steadly make 5 - 4 stars with my Ryujo and outweight some of noobness...
Now, even if I hit all torpedoes, do acurrate bomb attacks and some rocket ones, I can barely do anything for the team.

CV rework really sucks.

It is true that with any cannon/torpedo armed ship you can do more damage to the waves of bots. But your ship is the last to take damage, making it easier to do damage over time while others maybe on the bottom of the sea already.

But indeed, the nerfs to CV power are most felt in operation settings. Up to now at least.

• Cool 1

Modder
4,002 posts
7,189 battles
16 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

From what I watched in over 3 dozens of this Op., your opinion its clueless - BEST performing ships in this operation are dds dude - facts & numbers tell the story, but you are blind maybe;  Cruisers die fast most of times - no smoke protection, bad reload on torps, bad agility compared with dds. Most of time dds get most kills, not cruisers. They cover the waters faster, can hide in smoke and keep the ground, and sure that let bbs and cruisers focused by bots. Bb.s can take a hit, cruisers get reduced to pieces much faster on focused fire.

Best results I got was in teams with 3 dds, 1-2 cruisers and 2-3 bbs. Are no many T6 great cruisers or with high RoF.

And, just to remember you a thing: my original question its not about "why his team cannot win." lol, but win with 4 or 5 stars !

Did you got a 4 or 5 stars win ? your image (not) posted here do not show that !

L2R !

You didn't get the point though...

Just because you had the "bad luck" to be matched with other bad players, does not mean that your choices are good, just because you top the scoreboard with a DD. Yes, some DDs can be good, no questions; but you also need the right player in them to be an asset for the team and not only dead weigth. I will beat every DD in this operation with a cruiser. And the better you are, the more impact you have and the more stars you can secure.

And THAT is the point: to secure all five stars you need impact on the game. Yes, you can farm 200.000+ damage in a DD (great game - my congratulations), but you cannot save all your teammates, you cannot be at all corners needed. And one great playing DD (you) cannot make up for other two bad DD in your team (the terrible NEXC-div). The second point is: with too many DDs it is quite impossible to win all five stars. With the average players you get in random operations. Ofc. a 7-man-div of good or great players can win with 7 DDs.

PS: Next time, please, use screenshots from your own account! ;-)

• Cool 4
  • Angry 1

[-RM-]
Players
350 posts
5,209 battles

Last time I played it in the Fuso, good reload, good range, HE, lots of guns no issues with staying alive

Think this is a  good video of how to do Newport

[SEN]
Players
219 posts
7,200 battles
14 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Just because you had the "bad luck" to be matched with other bad players, does not mean that your choices are good, just because you top the scoreboard with a DD. Yes, some DDs can be good, no questions; but you also need the right player in them to be an asset for the team and not only dead weigth. I will beat every DD in this operation with a cruiser. And the better you are, the more impact you have and the more stars you can secure.

And THAT is the point: to secure all five stars you need impact on the game. Yes, you can farm 200.000+ damage in a DD (great game - my congratulations), but you cannot save all your teammates, you cannot be at all corners needed. And one great playing DD (you) cannot make up for other two bad DD in your team (the terrible NEXC-div). The second point is: with too many DDs it is quite impossible to win all five stars. With the average players you get in random operations. Ofc. a 7-man-div of good or great players can win with 7 DDs.

PS: Next time, please, use screenshots from your own account! ;-)

Its my second account :p

Did you see anybody getting 4 or 5 stars ? I ask again, since you didn't answer yet...

And true, like many guys wrote here, THE worst class to bring on this Op., atm, its - sadly - an CV... The cruiser bots arrive in packs and any plane coming near are dissembled fast, most cv skippers ignore isolated bbs bots and they try to attack packs of cruisers& dds, and sure they loose all planes in process with almost no effect, and if a good cv player manage to hit an bb, he realize he need half dozen of runs to kill that bb - or more - since the torps do so little damage.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SEN]
Players
219 posts
7,200 battles
3 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Last time I played it in the Fuso, good reload, good range, HE, lots of guns no issues with staying alive

Think this is a  good video of how to do Newport

well, that's from another life, another Universe... 0.8.0.1 come, our life changed radical... I wish some to post the same result but from this days... if possible...

Most important , the vid its irrelevant since in that time one could bring a Cleveland  - not anymore now, since she pass to T8...

Players
740 posts
4,741 battles
11 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I'm not sure that is true....there are 5 BB's coming of which 1 is specially tough, the last objective.

The class that can kill these BB fast enough by well placed torpedo salvo is only a stealthy DD... But only if it has the skill to slip in and out of bot view....dead DD are not contributing DD.

BB can eventually sink them too, but all this time bot CA/CL's and DD set them on fire often whittling them down, sinking them faster then you would expect of BB. CV do not kill fast enough anymore because of the nerfs all the complainers wanted in other game modes.

[-RM-]
Players
350 posts
5,209 battles
1 minute ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

well, that's from another life, another Universe... 0.8.0.1 come, our life changed radical... I wish some to post the same result but from this days... if possible...

Ok, didnt realise the operations changed

Have to try em again

[SEN]
Players
219 posts
7,200 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I'm not sure that is true....there are 5 BB's coming of which 1 is specially tough, the last objective.

The class that can kill these BB fast enough by well placed torpedo salvo is only a stealthy DD ! But only if it has the skill to slip in and out of bot view....

BB can eventually sink them too, but all this time bot CA/CL's and DD set them on fire. CV do not kill fast enough anymore because of the nerfs all the complainers wanted.

True, fully agree, cvs struggle to do minimal damage to T4-5 bbs, against an T9 bb are simply impotent...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,036 posts
5,791 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

Ok, didnt realise the operations changed

Have to try em again

I think it's more the CV change in 0.8.0 rather than anything else.

• Cool 1

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
284 posts
14,105 battles
1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

My experience - random DDs in 90% are almost useless - dying first thanks low hp, bots evading their torps as crazy et cetera. On the other hand - Leander and Perth are great, especially Leander (heal + smoke + hydro + high ROF + torps). Our best working clan team: T-61, 2×Leander, De Grasse using join smoke of one of Leanders, 2×Fuso + Warspite :)

• Cool 3

[L4GG]
Players
1,656 posts
6,503 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

Just yesterday I had a game with only one cruiser, the rest were dds and BBs and it was an exciting one, three stars .

One dd left alive in the end and just the game register the win the guy was sunk.

I don't have the end result because my game crashed .

But in this op, I think more than one dd is ok, they are fast and manoeuvrable, they can be the last line of defence in the green circle and after they can spread Chaos among their lines. 

[SEN]
Players
219 posts
7,200 battles
6 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Use Leander. Bots don't react to ships in smoke. plus you don't need to run off to heal every 2 minutes. 

false, bots launch torps sometimes against targets in smoke - at least dds bots do that sometimes. I got nuked like that at least once, sadly... Friendly bots, on other hand, are a real disaster... with them without them its the same...

[SEN]
Players
219 posts
7,200 battles
6 minutes ago, Max_Kammerer said:

My experience - random DDs in 90% are almost useless - dying first thanks low hp, bots evading their torps as crazy et cetera. On the other hand - Leander and Perth are great, especially Leander (heal + smoke + hydro + high ROF + torps). Our best working clan team: T-61, 2×Leander, De Grasse using join smoke of one of Leanders, 2×Fuso + Warspite :)

did you get 4 or 5 stars ? If not, I am not impressed... I have a lot of 2-3 stars, sadly never 4 stars and I only can dream about 5 stars...

Having at least one dd alive on last stage its crucial, T6 cruisers can do next to crap against Izumo usually, since they cant get on stealth range/torp, and you need a lot of focus by cruisers to kill him - hell I put 9 torps (2 salvo.s) on one and he was still alive with some 3-5% HP, but alive... Once Izumo enter little perimeter, usually its all lost. 

[PUPSI]
Players
80 posts
4,764 battles

Not taking screenshots but here is 5 star from today.

And i do not agree that best pick is dd ... over minute torp reload and low gun damage despite high RoF ...

btw if you want more than 3 stars, forget farming damage. Aim closest ship if you are in anything else other than bb.

20190215_105727_PRSC106-Pr-94-Budeny_s02_Naval_Defense.wowsreplay

Players
1,014 posts
7,769 battles

How sure are you CV's are useless in this operation?

I just managed about 200k damage in the Ranger. Obviously it's all about stacking DOT.

You don't get many kills because your alpha strikes are so weak, but all that damage is bound to help a little.

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
284 posts
14,105 battles
3 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

false, bots launch torps sometimes against targets in smoke - at least dds bots do that sometimes. I got nuked like that at least once, sadly... Friendly bots, on other hand, are a real disaster... with them without them its the same...

1. Leander has hydro; 2. you have to kill potential source of torps first; 3. bots are approaching mostly to you by BOW :)