Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DreadArchangel

Carrier mm

4 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
742 posts

The way the carriers are set up right now, bar the tier 4 one, the mm should be equal to its tier not +2 -2, would make for better games,

Players
771 posts
4,768 battles

I think own tier to +1 maximum would be best for the players enjoyment, and there are +1 gaps in CV roster right now.  I agree with anyone letting loose CV on lower tiers then itself  is not fair play at all. And a Tier VIII CV in a tier X match will experience little enjoying the game also.

It seems WG earns most money on Tier X players. Be it WOT or WOWS. So Tier X getting to roflstomp lower tier players into the ground feeling powerful is all about the games intended design. And when you get there, Tier X you may roflstomp lower ones too, and brag about your power...

Ok cynism off......the game can be enjoyable at tier V-VII too. WG can even earn money off these players aswell without the power trip illusion.

Players
2,475 posts
14,599 battles
9 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

The way the carriers are set up right now, bar the tier 4 one, the mm should be equal to its tier not +2 -2, would make for better games,

5. Question:

"CV MM +/-1?"

No. Can't be done unless all other classes are also made +/- 1.

MrConway: "Anything planned to address tiering issues with CVs because T8 CVs in T10 is a horrible experience?"

Checked stats, in terms of relative damage T8 CVs in T10 deal almost as much damage as T8 BBs in T10. I understand why players struggle, but you really need to change your playstyle when you're in a T10 match with a T8 CV. Other classes don't have this issue (T8 DDs basically do the same stuff as T10s), but with a CV you have to think about target choice.

We are thinking about easing the pain however, but we don't have any solutions right now. And stats show that T8 CVs can do fine in T10.

WG - Sir_Nelson

Players
771 posts
4,768 battles
2 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

5. Question:

"CV MM +/-1?"

No. Can't be done unless all other classes are also made +/- 1.

MrConway: "Anything planned to address tiering issues with CVs because T8 CVs in T10 is a horrible experience?"

Checked stats, in terms of relative damage T8 CVs in T10 deal almost as much damage as T8 BBs in T10. I understand why players struggle, but you really need to change your playstyle when you're in a T10 match with a T8 CV. Other classes don't have this issue (T8 DDs basically do the same stuff as T10s), but with a CV you have to think about target choice.

We are thinking about easing the pain however, but we don't have any solutions right now. And stats show that T8 CVs can do fine in T10.

WG - Sir_Nelson

Well Sir_Nelson is right Tier X weapons are not that much different then Tier VIII weapons and should do the trick, but on the receiving end ( struggling ) it is a nightmare.

Many Tier X  ships you cannot even go near to, let alone attack. Even that may be ok as you can fly around them, making you lose much more time and lowering your score but if these are the lasts ships left in a match you will be 1) deplaned* already 2) have in fact lost the match because you can't sink them. ( might hit them but be deplaned* if you weren't already and not able to sink them )

* Lose so much aircraft that squadrons are left with 0-3 Tier VIII aircraft wich will go down without even being able to drop weapons on Tier X ships.

Now i don't want these Tier X ships AA nerfed at all as it would ruiin their game against Tier X CV., It is the most reasonable tier VIII does not see Tier X matches, or when they do they get their armour and health buffed to match the Tier X aircraft. I recon both are choices not easily or at all made but something should be done or they will see tier VIII barely used in future as it is even more unenjoyable then in a -2 Tier ship. And that too they should prevent in Tier X matches, not promote. Let the Tier X players play fair, not give them a turkeyshoot to make them feel all powerful. It is bad practise.

Sign in to follow this