Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Schmidt_zxc

Ranked Season 11 meta

6 comments in this topic

[TAW]
Players
56 posts
19,431 battles

It's a little too pacmanny for me, but then again I've actually had some fun times this season.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,635 posts
6,496 battles
28 minutes ago, Schmidt_zxc said:

It's a little too pacmanny for me, but then again I've actually had some fun times this season.

I've called it a day at Rank 10 (my best result ever, but then I suck); slightly to my surprise, I rather enjoyed it too.

For me, it seems the trick is to stop when I reach the large swathe with no irreversible ranks; that keeps the frustration levels sensible, and allows the mode to remain fun.

(I'm afraid I'm guilty of contributing to the plague of Blacks and Jutlands though)

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,365 posts
11,280 battles

I must say I'm enjoying the Ranked season so far (then again, I reached R5 in 21 battles losing only 2 of them and as confident in my Kita skills as I might be, that was clearly better than I deserved :Smile-_tongue: ). But as for meta... I have a distinct feeling that people have no idea what they should be doing. In "normal" Ranked there is just a handful of maps and each one has about 2 viable strategies and that's it. Arms Race is very different because the buffs are spawned randomly, so the match is never the same and while the base rules for "things you shall (not) do" remain the same, the actual strategy needs to be dynamically adjusted based on things other than just the initial ship line-up. Even at the start of the battle, the initial "middle cap" can be extremely important (oh, the bloodbaths of DDs fighting each other over the only initial concealment or reload :Smile_teethhappy:) or... well, let's say that some buffs are more equal than others :Smile_trollface:

Anyway, this makes this Ranked more fun than usual, so I'll count this season as a pretty good one. But it most definitely doesn't help any stable meta to emerge. Everybody is just doing what feels right at the moment rather than following any established tactics. This might change if we have more seasons like this one, but for now there's quite a lot of glorious chaos :cap_haloween:

PS:

This might not be about meta, but damn, it's so glorious to be farming Dreadnought after Dreadnought on a DD without heal. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 4

Players
608 posts
7,353 battles
On 2/15/2019 at 12:57 PM, Verblonde said:

I've called it a day at Rank 10 (my best result ever, but then I suck); slightly to my surprise, I rather enjoyed it too.

For me, it seems the trick is to stop when I reach the large swathe with no irreversible ranks; that keeps the frustration levels sensible, and allows the mode to remain fun.

(I'm afraid I'm guilty of contributing to the plague of Blacks and Jutlands though)

I actually had the Jutland researched and a 19 point captain, but I forgot all about it. Despite Flamu's predictions it's not entirely buff battles. Chung Mu is fast and agile with a lot of smoke and stealthy torpedoes. The 5.7 km detection doesn't hurt either. I've had some great games and made it to the 3rd star of 9 before I decided to sail into blind torps in two consecutive battles. I'll give it a rest for a bit I might try again before it finishes. 

23 hours ago, eliastion said:

Anyway, this makes this Ranked more fun than usual, so I'll count this season as a pretty good one. But it most definitely doesn't help any stable meta to emerge. Everybody is just doing what feels right at the moment rather than following any established tactics. This might change if we have more seasons like this one, but for now there's quite a lot of glorious chaos :cap_haloween:

Likewise. It's been a lot of fun and completely open with me inventing a play style on the fly. I know it might be sacrilege, but I hope they keep this format for ranked and even add it to random rotation. I hadn't played it when it launched and I've been missing out.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this