Captain_LOZFFVII

Important Question for MrConway

3 comments in this topic

Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles

@MrConway

Regarding your answer to questions on another topic:

While I appreciate your answers to most of those questions, I'm afraid there was one important question you did not actually answer, although you believed you did.

@___V_E_N_O_M___ posted the following question:

What right does WG have on a moral basis, to change the stats of premium ships that have been paid for with cash and not offer cash refunds?

To which you answered:

As I said above, the reason a change is being CONSIDERED, is game balance.

That is not the answer he was looking for.

He (and I, likewise) want to know if WG is in the right to not offer cash refunds for items paid for with real money. Many of us do not want doubloons in compensation, but actually would prefer to have our money back.

I would not normally open a new thread for such a clarification, but unfortunately you actually closed the other thread due to an argument between two other posters.

• Cool 1

[G-W-]
Players
140 posts
4,864 battles
29 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

@MrConway

While I appreciate your answers to most of those questions, I'm afraid there was one important question you did not actually answer, although you believed you did.

To which you answered:

He (and I, likewise) want to know if WG is in the right to not offer cash refunds for items paid for with real money. Many of us do not want doubloons in compensation, but actually would prefer to have our money back.

I would not normally open a new thread for such a clarification, but unfortunately you actually closed the other thread due to an argument between two other posters.

Question already answered by WG.
They don't care and claim it is not possible to do it practically.

However I agree with @___V_E_N_O_M___  that it is not "fair play".
I want to be reimbursed for my Premium account, but WG claim I can still use it.

Analogy: I did pay for Premium to drive my rented Ferrari for some time on the French Riviera to impress some sweet chicks!
What WG fail to understand is that I did not pay for Premium to drive a rusty Lada or Trabant in some industry polluted concrete suburb in a 3:rd world country.
So what they (WG) did is change what I payed for and that is what upsets me. And it upsets me even more that they do not care...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

@MrConway

To which you answered:

It is not my place to determine or pass judgment on a moral question or whether we are in the right to do something.

The fact is that we are currently only testing this change - I don't know how many times I have said this already. We can talk about specifics regarding the compensation IF THIS HAPPENS,  for now this question is academic.

Also: Please do not open up a thread with staff members mentioned in the title. You can always ping me in another thread on the topic (there are plenty) or send me a PM.

So lets close this down - again. 

If you feel a need to discuss further, please use an existing thread.

closed

• Cool 1