Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

PSA: Wichita in shop today, but nerfed version

186 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
374 posts
14,714 battles

Not buying it, even if it was OP and/or super fun. The ship may have little resemblance to the ship it will be in 12 months time, It may not even be in the same tier.

 

In the same way that I am not going to go back to a restaurant who swap your 16oz ribeye for a poached egg half way through eating it. WG took premiums off the table for me and I don't even own a GC.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,013 posts
18,709 battles
1 minute ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

No money anymore after the PEF debacle 

 

Thanks for F2P

Im really confused PEF is not a bad ship..... why do people keep using her as an example of bad ship releases. she was free for most of us, and performs in the top 3rd of the tree for all tier 6 BBs. OK she is not super Exiting to play.. but to be frank few BB's are... want thrills  and a german tier 6 prem? get the T61..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,954 posts
6,339 battles
Just now, T0byJug said:

Im really confused PEF is not a bad ship..... why do people keep using her as an example of bad ship releases. she was free for most of us, and performs in the top 3rd of the tree for all tier 6 BBs. OK she is not super Exiting to play.. but to be frank few BB's are... want thrills  and a german tier 6 prem? get the T61..

 

I HAVE the T-61 - like most of the premium ships.

 

And I don’t think everyone else would fancy if we repeat the PEF discussion here tbh.

 

Long Story short: her main asset - the guns - are her “balancing”-weakness. She is dead easy to play (dead easy as in braindead monkey easy) but is lacking any serious carry potential with shitty shells and shitty reload. She is the most boring supporter you ever get only “capable” of blapping a poor cruiser here and there - which by the way isn’t something other BBs can’t do. Mikasa is a hell of a  tornado in comparison. 

 

I paid 26€ for this steaming turd and am still pissed to a degree I stopped using real money here. Unfortunately I have still premium time I can’t get refunded. 

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,130 posts
9,696 battles

Reds premiums-to-buy tick sheet:

 

1) Unique playstyle/different ship to silver....Nope:Smile_sceptic:

2) Enjoyable class....cruisers are alright (prem dds would be least for me):Smile_great:

4) Nations flavor...Enjoy US cruisers (best support cruisers IMHO):Smile_great:

3) Favorable tier....Hell Nope:Smile_sceptic:

4) Worth real life money value....Nope:Smile_sceptic:

5) Current State of game / trust of developers...Nope:Smile_sceptic:

 

2 positives doesn't even come close to buying this now. Wallet remains closed which is a shame as I really wanted this ship.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
784 posts
26,602 battles
4 hours ago, fumtu said:

These are the last changes implemented on Wichita, four months ago.

Really? Oops. I knew about these nerfs, didn´t know the original poster was referring to them, so i assumed that WG nerfed Wichita further. So the ship it may be worth a second look for me, thanks for the heads-up.

 

 

And no, i didn´t read all posts. As stated, i got somewhat fatigued by the russophobe hysterics on the forum. WG announced a new ship line and the people lose their minds because the new line will be terribly OP because it has to be because russianstaliniumgulagREEEEEEEEEEE.

 

So i took a break and decided to wait until the ships arrive on the live-server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
4,637 posts
21,509 battles

After how development team see Wichita ballanced, after some time marketing div, will change they minds. So earlier or later Wichita will probably see many buffs, until the ship will start selling ;-).

 

And this is all, when speaking about premiums "ballance".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,490 posts
24,857 battles
14 minutes ago, drmajga said:

Really? Oops. I knew about these nerfs, didn´t know the original poster was referring to them, so i assumed that WG nerfed Wichita further. So the ship it may be worth a second look for me, thanks for the heads-up.

 

And no, i didn´t read all posts. As stated, i got somewhat fatigued by the russophobe hysterics on the forum. WG announced a new ship line and the people lose their minds because the new line will be terribly OP because it has to be because russianstaliniumgulagREEEEEEEEEEE.

 

So i took a break and decided to wait until the ships arrive on the live-server.

 

Just to know majority of the videos on the YT are showing initial version, very few videos are there about last version. I suggest you to wait for the first reviews of this version before you decide would you buy her or not.

 

I think this is a first video with current ship in current meta, even tho SeaRaptor is not speaking much about Wichita specifically.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,130 posts
9,696 battles
23 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

IF i had to hazard a guess is because she is a free XP ship.  I guess people will be more pissed if there are big changes and they wasted there in game rare Free XP. 

 

Also, and im being Cynical here..... (what me cynical against WG)  They want people to spend free XP to climb the CV trees.... I would not be at all surprised if the RN CV are released before Alaska. 

Precisely. They want you to spend free Xp on anything that isn't the Alaska. Seen this coming a mile off. Kept my XP firmly in the bank, just need some inspiration to play again.

 

RN CV's will come out first. I bet my mortgage on it. Even thought they know the dire state of CV's and gameplay in general, they will bring it out regardless. They simply need people to grind any CV line! Having tons of Alaska this soon will wreck CV's even more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,198 posts
18,053 battles
1 minute ago, Redcap375 said:

Precisely. They want you to spend free Xp on anything that isn't the Alaska. Seen this coming a mile off. Kept my XP firmly in the bank, just need some inspiration to play again.

 

RN CV's will come out first. I bet my mortgage on it. Even thought they know the dire state of CV's and gameplay in general, they will bring it out regardless. They simply need people to grind any CV line! Having tons of Alaska this soon will wreck CV's even more

With the rate of fXP acquisition I'll be able to keep enough for Alaska and speed up several grinds. I already spent around 300k since Christmas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
4,577 posts
11,439 battles

LWM review: http://shipcomrade.com/?p=2276 ('Mehbote')

 

I rather like "You’re bloody-well doomed." under 'Firepower'...

 

I'm another idiot who normally buys almost everything that WG chuck out in the way of premiums, but this is a pass - no Op to play it in; meta all over the place; plus, and most crucially, I'm very reluctant to spend money until the GC business is satisfactorily sorted out...

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,313 posts
15,811 battles
25 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Im really confused PEF is not a bad ship..... why do people keep using her as an example of bad ship releases. she was free for most of us, and performs in the top 3rd of the tree for all tier 6 BBs. OK she is not super Exiting to play.. but to be frank few BB's are... want thrills  and a german tier 6 prem? get the T61..

In my case it is personal demons with the ship.

I have ten tier 6 Battleships, and usually ,as i stated in a previous thread) my German fleet is my pride-and-joy. But PEF is a horror story for me. It ranks dead last in terms of performance of all the ten ships. It struggles mightily to do damage. I checked Wargaming's official stats.

 

For every 100HP of damage dished out by the Fuso (best ship), the PEF does only 56!! Not that the Fuso is that marvelous - I hate tier 6 in general. (Don't want GC to be moved there)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
41 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

IF i had to hazard a guess is because she is a free XP ship.  I guess people will be more pissed if there are big changes and they wasted there in game rare Free XP. 

 

Also, and im being Cynical here..... (what me cynical against WG)  They want people to spend free XP to climb the CV trees.... I would not be at all surprised if the RN CV are released before Alaska. 

 

I somehow doubt that. People would be arguably more pissed having spend real money for the Wichita if things don't turn out nice than spending free XP on the Alaska.

Also with how WG is planning once more to introduce loot containers with chances to drop the RN CVs up to tier VIII I don't think WG has much interest in trying to coax people to spend free XP on the RN CVs rather than just dump real money at them for starting to grind the RN CVs straight at tier VIII.

 

Either way I look it at I don't see how withholding the Alaska would make any sense for WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
9,149 battles

I see on the purchase page a "special offer" for the simple package with a reduction of price of  0.84 euros. Is this a mistake? I mean it must be, right? 

 

 @MrConway

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,732 posts
10,475 battles
2 minutes ago, anunnak said:

I see on the purchase page a "special offer" for the simple package with a reduction of price of  0.84 euros. Is this a mistake? I mean it must be, right? 

 

 @MrConway

I see the price at £35.07 which is discounted from £35.67.

 

Needless to say - I'm not tempted. 

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,954 posts
6,339 battles
3 minutes ago, anunnak said:

I see on the purchase page a "special offer" for the simple package with a reduction of price of  0.84 euros. Is this a mistake? I mean it must be, right? 

 

 @MrConway

 

That sounds like an awesome deal! 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,172 posts
10,773 battles
21 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

After how development team see Wichita ballanced, after some time marketing div, will change they minds. So earlier or later Wichita will probably see many buffs, until the ship will start selling ;-).

 

And this is all, when speaking about premiums "ballance".

Prinz Eugen says hi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,020 posts
12,612 battles
21 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

LWM review: http://shipcomrade.com/?p=2276 ('Mehbote')

 

I rather like "You’re bloody-well doomed." under 'Firepower'...

 

I'm another idiot who normally buys almost everything that WG chuck out in the way of premiums, but this is a pass - no Op to play it in; meta all over the place; plus, and most crucially, I'm very reluctant to spend money until the GC business is satisfactorily sorted out...

 

WG even pissed off LittleWhiteMouse:

 

Quote

Please be aware that though this represents the release version of the ship, her statistics may change in the future.  To the best of my knowledge, these stats are accurate as of patch 0.8.0.2.  If you have any questions regarding any changes to this ship after subsequent patches, please feel free to contact me.

(...)

Would I Recommend?
It’s worth spending a moment here reiterating what may have been lost in the disclaimer prefacing this article.  Your premium ships may be changed in the future.  Base your buying decisions with that knowledge in mind.

http://shipcomrade.com/?p=2276

 

@MrConway I hope WG is aware that the whole GC thing is quite serious. They are biting the hand that is feeding them. 

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HULK]
[HULK]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,999 battles
7 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

That sounds like an awesome deal! 

Do you feel spoiled? :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
9,149 battles
19 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I see the price at £35.07 which is discounted from £35.67.

 

Needless to say - I'm not tempted. 

 

 

Surely this must be a mistake, please if someone from WG can confirm this if this is a mistake or not. I'm interested in the ship, 0.84 cents reduced price, must be a mistake surely. @MrConway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,732 posts
10,475 battles
Just now, anunnak said:

 

Surely this must be a mistake, please if someone from WG can confirm this if this is a mistake or not. I'm interested in the ship, 0.84 cents reduced price, must be a mistake surely. @MrConway

Look on the bright side - at least you can save something on the full price...   :)

 

I'm still not tempted by it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,662 posts
7,793 battles
7 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Wichita is already being sold on Asia, so we will most certainly get it today as well. 

 

But beware, it has been nerfed since the CCs reviewed it. 

 

  • Max concealment was 8.7 with 8.5 radar when CCs had it. Now it has 9.5 concealment with 9.0 radar. 
  • Guns had the T8 shells when CCs reviewed it, now they have the T7 shells. 

 

(Concealment skill and radar range were unified in the meantime, which might be the reason for this. But it is still a different ship than reviewed.)

 

 

Also important to know:

 

  • Baltimore will have 10.0 radar and 9.9 concealment next patch. 
  • Wichita will have 9.0 radar and 9.5 concealment.

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/flooding-and-radar-changes/

 

So Wichita will have to get much closer to the caps, but will be be outspotted by DDs.
On top of that it only has T7 guns, less HP and worse AA. 

Boycott with all haste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PVE-D]
Players
251 posts
8,542 battles

Was originally so anticipating the release ever since it was first announced. But seeing how meh it is now... Feeling so disappointed. That, and having no longer trust in WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
9,149 battles
2 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Look on the bright side - at least you can save something on the full price...   :)

 

I'm still not tempted by it though.

 

Save what? that's the thing, there's no saving, 0.84 cents is nothing. U can't even buy a metro ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×