You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

PSA: Wichita in shop today, but nerfed version

186 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,428 posts
9,422 battles

Wichita is already being sold on Asia, so we will most certainly get it today as well. 

But beware, it has been nerfed since the CCs reviewed it. 

• Max concealment was 8.7 with 8.5 radar when CCs had it. Now it has 9.5 concealment with 9.0 radar. 
  • Guns had the T8 shells when CCs reviewed it, now they have the T7 shells. 

(Concealment skill and radar range were unified in the meantime, which might be the reason for this. But it is still a different ship than reviewed.)

Also important to know:

• Baltimore will have 10.0 radar and 9.9 concealment next patch. 
  • Wichita will have 9.0 radar and 9.5 concealment.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/flooding-and-radar-changes/

So Wichita will have to get much closer to the caps, but will be be outspotted by DDs.
On top of that it only has T7 guns, less HP and worse AA. 

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles

Everyone loved this ship at the time... Baltimore guns with Cleveland mechanics. Now it appears to be original New Orleans with Cleveland mechanics. Doesn't sound terrible, doesn't sound like it's worth £30-35.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,343 posts
17,268 battles
17 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Wichita is already being sold on Asia, so we will most certainly get it today as well. 

But beware, it has been nerfed since the CCs reviewed it.

• Max concealment was 8.7 with 8.5 radar when CCs had it. Now it has 9.5 concealment with 9.0 radar. 

• Guns had the T8 shells when CCs reviewed it, now they have the T7 shells. 

I know that CCs also tested Wichita after the changes. I watched Flamu with a new version with NO shells and 9km radar. Maybe there are not lot of videos of this testing. Here's one from Runner357

You can see that concealment is 9.3km because this is before CE skill was nerfed to 10%.

[THROW]
Players
577 posts
21,146 battles

haha they expect us to buy premium ships with the state of everything. i usually buy every single premium ship but now they can get lost.

• Cool 20
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
2,428 posts
9,422 battles
12 minutes ago, Panocek said:

TL;DR get Baltimore for T8 Freedom CA needs

Wichita has 400m better concealment (9.5 vs 9.9). But it still has a 500m gap to that 9.0 radar... 

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles

Another tweak before release but AFTER all the CC reviews?
image.png.b0ebdf5626d45e1baf085b9b52f006a8.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles

What's the point of this ship vs free Baltimore? Not really asking for a better Baltimore, but I don't see the fair trade even. Like, a few hundred metres better conceal for a lot less hp and no SHAP? Uhm, why?

2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Wichita has 400m better concealment (9.5 vs 9.9). But it still has a 500m gap to that 9.0 radar... 

Thus it barely opens up new play options, imo.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,343 posts
17,268 battles
1 minute ago, Blixies said:

Another tweak before release but AFTER all the CC reviews?

Again, CCs already tested this version of Wichita.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

TL;DR get Baltimore for T8 Freedom CA needs

This, this is the glory of True Freedom!®.

Spoiler

o4aJRjz.jpg

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,428 posts
9,422 battles
Alle 15/2/2019 alle 10:21, fumtu ha scritto:

But the videos you find on YouTube are of the initial version though. 

Alle 15/2/2019 alle 10:21, fumtu ha scritto:

But the videos you find on YouTube are of the initial version. 

Maybe it is not WGs fault then, but people should know they get something different. 

Weekend Tester
572 posts
5,250 battles

So the ship goes on sale before the CCs get released from their NDAs? It must be really good.

p.s. wtf does the game even need another generic US premium cruiser? How about a mid/upper tier premium CA for the RN instead?

• Cool 4

Players
4,349 posts
7,746 battles
8 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

And then Balti is scheduled to get 10km radar due to "standardization":cap_book:

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,343 posts
17,268 battles
6 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

But the videos you find on YouTube are of the initial version though. 

It is not. This one is updated version. Just check its concealment and radar range. It is 9.3km for concealment (before CE nerf)  and 9k for radar

1806271714_Screenshotfrom2019-02-1509-26-35.png.20128f6c5658a4a57a65b4eec846a316.png

Beta Tester
2,428 posts
9,422 battles
7 minutes ago, fumtu said:

It is not. This one is updated version. Just check its concealment and radar range. It is 9.3km for concealment (before CE nerf)  and 9k for radar

1806271714_Screenshotfrom2019-02-1509-26-35.png.20128f6c5658a4a57a65b4eec846a316.png

Is that your Runner video? That was not easy to find. Type Wichita and Warships on YT and see what you get. 

Again, maybe it is the CCs fault this time, not updating their reviews properly. But this sucks for people who don't follow any change all the time. 

Btw, I would usually buy this, hoping the meta would change some day, making it a super strong "dinosaur" @MrConway, but the latest plans for Giulio Cesare turn me off big time. 

• Cool 9

[TOXIC]
Players
1,343 posts
17,268 battles
5 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Is that your Runner video? That was not  easy to find. Type Wichita and Warships om YT and see what you get. 

I know. As I said there is not a lot of videos with changed version. The most are first versions of the ship. What I wanted to say is that CCs did tested updated version as I watched Flamu test Wichita after the changes, but not many make any video about it. Why is this a case I don't know but it is not that WG nerfed a ship and never give it to CCs for testing. It is problem of missing reviews of the new version. While this could still be serious omission by WG it is a different kind of problem.

[MIRKO]
Players
405 posts
4,040 battles

Another T8 premium with guaranteed T10 MM, worse than it's tech tree counterpart, with no assurance it won't get "balanced" even more in the future.

Since I strongly disagree with the current state of the game and with how WG treats it's customers, I will gladly vote with my wallet.

• Cool 11

[SHAD]
Players
504 posts

It became uninteresting.

Vanguard was tested by CCs at the same time but was horribly weak with a huge citadel. Wichita with great shells, radar and concealment.

Wargaming Buffed the Vanguard (not enough) so CCs revisited it.

Wargaming nerfed Wichita so presumably CCs lost interest in it. 

[TOXIC]
Players
1,343 posts
17,268 battles

Here's is another video of changed version, this time from Stuntman0369. Unfortunately all those AA values are now quite obsolete with CV rework

Players
182 posts
8,147 battles

No offers for Wichita here, no news on Alaska. Wargaming really shits all over their customers in general and the EU base in particular.

[NED]
Players
1,671 posts
6,285 battles

Im just sitting here thinking that with a release of a new premium ship they consider the current carrier set-up close enough to final that we might be getting Alaska soon.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles

My prediction is:

1. The sales of Wichita hit the new time low! The reason must be it's not OP enough.
    (The actual reason being loss of trust of their customer base and pitiful state of the game itself at the moment).
  2. Better make the future premiums as OP as possible without actually breaking the game.
  3. Proceed with the GC precedent.
  4. Profit.

I hope I'm seeing things wrong, but I have to admit the Wg's practices as of late leave a bitter taste in my mouth.
In fact, the very reason I switched from War Thunder to WoWs was that Gaijin meddled with premium planes way too often and way too unpredictably.

Sellling me a premium vehicle comes with a responsibility (at least that's how I see it, I know it's not legally binding).
You foul the whole deal? Fine. Nobody is forcing me to pay or play this game, but do not expect me to support you any longer.

I can see why some forumites may see this as whining or an outcry of a spoiled child, and I'm fine with it.
I'm just really sad to see my favourite developer taking this path. It does not lead to happy places.

• Cool 7