Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Toni112007

How do I win?

74 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Alpha Tester
52 posts
423 battles

So my question is how do I win in tier 3-4 games? I lose 80% of times no matter how much damage I do or how I played. I did 60k damage with G-101 DD and still lost.

So, can anyone answer is it possible to win in this game and how do I do it? Will I have better chances to win if I go AFK for whole battle? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

Get yer posterior to the nearest volcano; sacrifice half a dozen virgins to the volcano gods - job done!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
52 posts
423 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

Get yer posterior to the nearest volcano; sacrifice half a dozen virgins to the volcano gods - job done!

That might work. Thanks.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,389 battles

So all you'll need is to raid a lan party to get the virgins

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,913 posts
11,172 battles
3 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

So my question is how do I win in tier 3-4 games? I lose 80% of times no matter how much damage I do or how I played. I did 60k damage with G-101 DD and still lost.

So, can anyone answer is it possible to win in this game and how do I do it? Will I have better chances to win if I go AFK for whole battle? Thanks.

  • You do not lose 80% of the time, but you are on your way there...
  • you have ONE game in game in G-101, that is not how statistics work (and yes, you overall number of games is low and therefore not statisticly relevant)
  • do not play too many stock ships at once, stock ships are weaker than fully researched ones
  • learn what the objective is
  • try to stay close to the objective
  • play with your team, even if they do not support you, you can support them
  • learn to play your ship (learn to angle, ....)
  • avoid attacking alone
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
52 posts
423 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:
  • You do not lose 80% of the time, but you are on your way there...
  • you have ONE game in game in G-101, that is not how statistics work (and yes, you overall number of games is low and therefore not statisticly relevant)
  • do not play too many stock ships at once, stock ships are weaker than fully researched ones
  • learn what the objective is
  • try to stay close to the objective
  • play with your team, even if they do not support you, you can support them
  • learn to play your ship (learn to angle, ....)
  • avoid attacking alone

Team doesn't really exist in tier 3 or 4 from what I have seen. People either go yolo and die (especially DDs) or snipe from the back and they don't contribute to team in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,913 posts
11,172 battles
2 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

Team doesn't really exist in tier 3 or 4 from what I have seen. People either go yolo and die (especially DDs) or snipe from the back and they don't contribute to team in any way.

  • Select the teammates closest to the objective, support them
  • half year long breaks are not good for skill developement
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EUR]
Players
181 posts
3,288 battles

keep grinding for a next tier ship, research what you have and form a division, low tier is a pain to expect teamplay, hell it dont exist even on upper tiers anymore. I have had terrible losing streaks but slowly i managed to carry some games and feel better but consistency  is absent. You never know what to expect but you can sort of figure out what teamates you have at start of game. Where they go, how they behave. If its hopeless go to next game if its promising keep at it. Adjust accordinly and help with the objectives or power through to a win, i found out that the longer i stayed alive helped me win most of the times. DDs will become even more difficult when you uptier though keep it mind 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
52 posts
423 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:
  •  
  • half year long breaks are not good for skill developement

 Half year lmao. More like 2 years. Any way last time I stopped playing was cause I was fed up with losing and how underwhelming low tier BBs are (plus they are ugly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Players
37 posts
19 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Get yer posterior to the nearest volcano; sacrifice half a dozen virgins to the volcano gods - job done!

It works with game developers too.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles
18 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

So my question is how do I win in tier 3-4 games? I lose 80% of times no matter how much damage I do or how I played. I did 60k damage with G-101 DD and still lost.

So, can anyone answer is it possible to win in this game and how do I do it? Will I have better chances to win if I go AFK for whole battle? Thanks.

you've played all of six games recently (of which you did lose four). And from that you think you can complain about your winrate? At such low numbers, it's completely meaningless.

 

To put it differently - there is no recipe that lets you win any and all of your games. Things dont work that way. Either accept that you will not always be able to influence the outcome of each individual match (however, how well you play will determine your winrate in the long run, over a couple hundred matches) - or don't, and probably quit right now before you get frustrated.

Oh, and yeah, especially the T3 BBs ain't great... that hasnt really changed since the start of the game :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
52 posts
423 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you've played all of six games recently (of which you did lose four). And from that you think you can complain about your winrate? At such low numbers, it's completely meaningless.

 

To put it differently - there is no recipe that lets you win any and all of your games. Things dont work that way. Either accept that you will not always be able to influence the outcome of each individual match (however, how well you play will determine your winrate in the long run, over a couple hundred matches) - or don't, and probably quit right now before you get frustrated.

Oh, and yeah, especially the T3 BBs ain't great... that hasnt really changed since the start of the game :Smile_teethhappy:

I have noticed that you can influence the games way less in WOWS than in World of Tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles
1 minute ago, Toni112007 said:

I have noticed that you can influence the games way less in WOWS than in World of Tanks.

I'm not sure this is entirely true, if only because you make up a larger proportion of the team than you do in WOT; there's some variation between ship types etc. of course...

 

If you've been playing mainly WOT lately, WOWS gameplay is very different, and takes a while to adjust to; the main overlap I've found is that if you've played a lot of derp guns in WOT (KV-2 etc.), then the guns in WOWS take a bit less getting used to.

 

If you're coming back to WOWS after a long layoff, you're probably more suffering from rust than anything.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles
3 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

I have noticed that you can influence the games way less in WOWS than in World of Tanks.

I doubt that's true... I'm too lazy to go compare the respective top (or bottom, for that matter) achievable solo winrates in both games, but even excepting (pre-rework) CVs I don't think they'll be much different. If anything, the smaller team sizes and bigger differences between classes in Warships (one DD dominating all of its direct opposition, which is easily doable in say a Gremyashy, has a huge impact) should make Ships easier/more possible to carry than Tanks if you're good enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles

First - this:

 

34 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you've played all of six games recently (of which you did lose four). And from that you think you can complain about your winrate? At such low numbers, it's completely meaningless.

 

 second: @Toni112007 - You complain about losing with DDs. Dealing damage is fine and dandy with a DD but it wont win you games. You need to spot. Pay special attention to "damage upon spotting". Your record - granted, only across 3 games - is 594. Thats means, you didnt provide any spotting for your team, 1 pen they got while you were scouting. It tells me: you are either alone, somewhere on the very flank or sitting in your own smoke. You need to rethink the way you play your DDs. Also: please stop playing Tirpitz. You arent ready for T8.

 

Screenshot_2019-02-14 WoWS Stats Numbers EU - Toni112007 - Player info and stats.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles
1 hour ago, Toni112007 said:

So my question is how do I win in tier 3-4 games?

Further to the virgin suggestion, also:

  • Join a clan, preferably one that's happy to teach you stuff; besides the learning thing, you'll get some economic bonuses too.
  • (related) play in Divisions with people who will offer constructive criticism, so you can learn faster.
  • Watch YouTube tutorials - search for iChase's Captain's Academy series as a good starting point (make sure you have the alternative interface selected).
  • Read up on game mechanics in the wiki - some stuff may have changed a bit since you were last playing (http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships)
  • Play as wide a range of ships as possible up to Tier 4; T4 is the highest where you get protected MM - T5+ faces +2 tier opponents a lot of the time, plus much better players, on average.
  • If you like DDs, don't go above T4 (probably) without a ten-point captain, with CE as a captain skill.
  • Make sure your captains have sensible builds in terms of skills (the wiki can help here too).
  • If you have any high tier premiums, play them in Coop or Ops for the moment: you'll earn rewards (assuming you don't go full premium on consumables) without being a liability to your team where it matters.
  • Make sure your mini-map is pretty much as big as it'll go (you probably know this from WOT though).
  • Make sure your minimap is displaying useful information for each ship (ctrl-click the cogwheels, and then toggle useful stuff on/off) e.g. later KM DDs will want to be showing hydro range, things with good secondaries will want that range shown; only show what you actually need though - too much can clutter the minimap excessively.
  • Finally, keep asking questions on here: a few smarta$$es with volcanoes apart, you'll usually get a few sensible answers at least (this goes double at the moment - with the new CVs the meta is very fluid, and things will probably shift some more before some sort of equilibrium is reached).
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
356 posts
5,213 battles
1 hour ago, Toni112007 said:

So my question is how do I win in tier 3-4 games? I lose 80% of times no matter how much damage I do or how I played. I did 60k damage with G-101 DD and still lost.

So, can anyone answer is it possible to win in this game and how do I do it? Will I have better chances to win if I go AFK for whole battle? Thanks.

 

Get the Orion and use HE

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
52 posts
423 battles
16 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

First - this:

 

 

 second: @Toni112007 - You complain about losing with DDs. Dealing damage is fine and dandy with a DD but it wont win you games. You need to spot. Pay special attention to "damage upon spotting". Your record - granted, only across 3 games - is 594. Thats means, you didnt provide any spotting for your team, 1 pen they got while you were scouting. It tells me: you are either alone, somewhere on the very flank or sitting in your own smoke. You need to rethink the way you play your DDs. Also: please stop playing Tirpitz. You arent ready for T8.

 

Screenshot_2019-02-14 WoWS Stats Numbers EU - Toni112007 - Player info and stats.png

No, I played that DD only once I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

@Toni112007 - check this site out: https://wows-numbers.com/player/515433057,Toni112007/ 

 

Don't get too hung up on the 'good/bad' stuff; your battle count is too low to draw many conclusions yet, but it'll help you keep an eye on what is changing with time, and how it's changing...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,003 posts
24,125 battles
1 hour ago, Toni112007 said:

So my question is how do I win in tier 3-4 games? I lose 80% of times no matter how much damage I do or how I played. I did 60k damage with G-101 DD and still lost.

So, can anyone answer is it possible to win in this game and how do I do it? Will I have better chances to win if I go AFK for whole battle? Thanks.

even if this guide is old the most of it is very valid still:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,700 posts
7,338 battles
Just now, Toni112007 said:

Is this also my fault we lost?

 

80% - 90% of games are out of your hands, it's what you do in the other 20% that matters.

 

That was one of the 80%

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,913 posts
11,172 battles
3 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

Is this also my fault we lost?

Focus the cruiser, not the BB.

Do not show broadside to the BB.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
745 posts
2,918 battles
2 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

Is this also my fault we lost?

heheheh01.jpg

Impossible to say without the replay, but what i can say, is that when a battleship is the last ship alive with tons of damage, hes done something wrong. In bbs you are supposed to tank for your team and assist them, not camp at long range.

 

Also, you cant win every battle, but you can win many of them(around 55% if you are decent, or 60-70% if you are really really good)

 

Anyhow, some replays would be very helpful, that way we can comment on your gameplay and provide you with specific things you can improve on.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
52 posts
423 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

@Toni112007 - check this site out: https://wows-numbers.com/player/515433057,Toni112007/ 

 

Don't get too hung up on the 'good/bad' stuff; your battle count is too low to draw many conclusions yet, but it'll help you keep an eye on what is changing with time, and how it's changing...

Thank you for your help!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×