Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThePoisonDwarf

CV sale after 0.8.0 - be aware of system faults.

21 comments in this topic

Players
580 posts
3,801 battles

Hi,

Probably some of my fault by allowed because of faulty WG design. Before 0.8.0 I researched CV up to Hiryu. After 0.8.0 I received some XP from Hiryu and fully researched Ryujo. Works fine. I didn't like the Ryujo and sold it via the 'inventory' tab. Everything went fine, got 100% silver, got all xp as free xp. Unfortunately I decided to try the US CV branch and researched (and bought) Ranger. Well, didn't like it also and again went into 'inventory' tab. Clicked to sell and 'unresearch'. And... Got 100% silver but all xp went to tier 1 Eire and not to free xp. System is faulty, it shouldn't work for post 0.8.0 researched CV or pop some warning that this time it will not work as described in tab. Such behaviour (50% of success) looks to me like serious bug or another try for cash grab from WG (buy gold to get back your xp from Eire). So, if anyone thinks of testing the other nation CV - don't. You will not get your xp back.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,713 posts
9,928 battles

You only got free XP for refunding CVs you had prior to the rework.

The purpose of getting compensated with free XP was to make up for the effort people put into grinding CVs up until the research so they have something they can use even if they don't like the reworked CVs. It wasn't so you can research the new CVs, try them out and ditch them again all for free if you don't like them.

• Cool 6

Players
580 posts
3,801 battles

Sure. But it is not written in game - at least not in a clear way (actually I didn't see there anything that it will work just for pre 0.8.0 researched CV). The option should just be disabled for CV researched after 0.8.0 and problem solved (not allow you to click on CV's researched after). The way it works now is a clear bug - you got 100% money (not like from normal sale), you don't get xp.

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles
15 minutes ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

Hi,

Probably some of my fault by allowed because of faulty WG design. Before 0.8.0 I researched CV up to Hiryu. After 0.8.0 I received some XP from Hiryu and fully researched Ryujo. Works fine. I didn't like the Ryujo and sold it via the 'inventory' tab. Everything went fine, got 100% silver, got all xp as free xp. Unfortunately I decided to try the US CV branch and researched (and bought) Ranger. Well, didn't like it also and again went into 'inventory' tab. Clicked to sell and 'unresearch'. And... Got 100% silver but all xp went to tier 1 Eire and not to free xp. System is faulty, it shouldn't work for post 0.8.0 researched CV or pop some warning that this time it will not work as described in tab. Such behaviour (50% of success) looks to me like serious bug or another try for cash grab from WG (buy gold to get back your xp from Eire). So, if anyone thinks of testing the other nation CV - don't. You will not get your xp back.

The system was explained on the website exactly like that. Nothing is faulty.

You either did not read it or forgot it.

Players
1,833 posts
10,289 battles
4 minutes ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

Sure. But it is not written in game - at least not in a clear way (actually I didn't see there anything that it will work just for pre 0.8.0 researched CV). The option should just be disabled for CV researched after 0.8.0 and problem solved (not allow you to click on CV's researched after). The way it works now is a clear bug - you got 100% money (not like from normal sale), you don't get xp.

Screenshot_20190214-213311_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcd8cfa5369b7b94af9e61fe6cf48f67.jpg

All the blind people these days :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Players
580 posts
3,801 battles
5 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Screenshot_20190214-213311_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcd8cfa5369b7b94af9e61fe6cf48f67.jpg

All the blind people these days :cap_old:

Do I have to read the website of forum to get this ? Playing WG games obliges to read all website and forum notices ? Usually, the properly designed system doesn't allow something it was not meant to. Disabling the option for post 0.8.x researched CV would be fine or some notice that this time the xp will not be converted into free xp but the xp goes to Tier 1 ship. Simple. Instead WG used weird mechanism where the ship can be 'unresearched' but the xp goes to tier 1 ship - what is the point of this ? Well, I know what and I bet you know too.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,500 posts
15,364 battles
1 minute ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

Do I have to read the website of forum to get this ? Playing WG games obliges to read all website and forum notices ? Usually, the properly designed system doesn't allow something it was not meant to. Disabling the option for post 0.8.x researched CV would be fine or some notice that this time the xp will not be converted into free xp but the xp goes to Tier 1 ship. Simple. Instead WG used weird mechanism where the ship can be 'unresearched' but the xp goes to tier 1 ship - what is the point of this ? Well, I know what and I bet you know too.

If you did not read the Forum or the web sight Why would you think XP would be refunded in any way other than other ships.. 

why is the option still there this long after the patch. to give players a chance to decide if they like the changes to the cV lines or there Prem CV's.. some players may not have logged on since the change.. or players like me.

In my case im a super testers.. I have had 1 game in coop in my Siapan (for the steel) and have not even touched my USN and IJN CV's as i have been testing the royal navy ones..

sorry mate but im pretty sure you are in the maybe 1 or 2 percent that did not understand.

Watgaming F##k up in the communication often.. Yes this is a quality poster and super tester and if you believe some all around brown noser saying this..

But in this case its been completely clear

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles
25 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The system was explained on the website exactly like that. Nothing is faulty.

You either did not read it or forgot it.

Actually it wasn't. They said that selling for the second time will only give normal XP, nothing about "only researched pre patch".

Players
580 posts
3,801 battles
3 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

If you did not read the Forum or the web sight Why would you think XP would be refunded in any way other than other ships..

It is written when you go to 'inventory' tab. It was not completely clear and the way it works is bug.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles
5 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Actually it wasn't. They said that selling for the second time will only give normal XP, nothing about "only researched pre patch".

It says both.

Players
1,833 posts
10,289 battles
6 minutes ago, eliastion said:

20190214_220428.thumb.jpg.0af0c44165809b729d204a96d81fa0f0.jpg

When you're nice engh to ss but ppl ignore it :cap_old:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
580 posts
3,801 battles

You people really like to argue, don't you ? Even when it doesn't make too much sense. That was just warning and perhaps WG could just disable the option to 'unresearch' the post 0.8.x researched CV. It was written - fine. My fault, as always it is player's fault. Praise WG. EOT.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles
19 hours ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

You people really like to argue, don't you ? Even when it doesn't make too much sense. That was just warning and perhaps WG could just disable the option to 'unresearch' the post 0.8.x researched CV. It was written - fine. My fault, as always it is player's fault. Praise WG. EOT.

Identifying a problem has nothing to do with praising. That are two different things.

Do not let your emotions muddle your perception.

• Cool 1

Players
1,833 posts
10,289 battles
22 minutes ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

Tbh if you're really bothered engh by this then you should have made some effort to find out how the compensation system worked irregardless of WG fcking it up somehow. You can even see the update news from port now. At the end of the day there is also some personal liability on your fault for not reading carefully. 

Personally I don't really care about the compensation so yeah.

[D-ODW]
Players
152 posts
20,763 battles
10 minutes ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

Im fairly sure that if WG had`nt put the option on place you would have opened a thread on whi Wg is so stingy etc etc.....

And about the arguing.... helloooo this is a forum just in case you didnt notice, the place where people can argue comfortably sitting at home lol

Players
580 posts
3,801 battles
1 minute ago, Lukewehr said:

Im fairly sure that if WG had`nt put the option on place you would have opened a thread on whi Wg is so stingy etc etc.....

I'm fairly sure you talking [edited].

[D-ODW]
Players
152 posts
20,763 battles

There you are, your pathetic attempt to look genuinely interested in reporting a bug is revealed for what it is, im done here just learn to read next time so you can avoid wasting everybodys time reading useless threads like this.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
580 posts
3,801 battles
4 ore fa, Lukewehr ha scritto:

There you are, your pathetic attempt to look genuinely interested in reporting a bug is revealed for what it is, im done here just learn to read next time so you can avoid wasting everybodys time reading useless threads like this.

Oh my, oh my.

To end the topic. After contacting the support they agreed to return the XP.  I'm really surprised and content.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles
1 hour ago, pra3y said:

20190214_220428.thumb.jpg.0af0c44165809b729d204a96d81fa0f0.jpg

When you're nice engh to ss but ppl ignore it :cap_old:

Well, nice to see it indeed is somewhere in the article, then. Who knows, maybe next time they will even write these things somewhere among the "Rules for exchanging aircraft carriers for credits and Free XP:" rather than in the preamble to the chapter "Ship Replacement Rules", next to information about what you get for your old ships (especially the disappearing ones), a page or two removed from the final section of the article - you know, the one that deals with selling whatever the aforementioned ship replacement rules gave you :Smile_teethhappy:

I mean, one might think that "you can't sell for freeXP a ship researched after 0.8.0" would be a pretty important entry in a list labeled "Rules for exchanging aircraft carriers for credits and Free XP". After all, they did manage to squeeze the lengthy "Aircraft carriers can be exchanged more than once. But all subsequent operations will convert the XP used for researching the ship and its modules across to the associated XP of the ship one Tier below. If you exchange Tier IV carrier, starting with the second operation of this kind, the associated XP will be transferred to Tier I ship." rule in-there, I'm pretty sure that adding another bullet wouldn't have been completely outside of the realm of possibility :cap_hmm:

1 hour ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

To end the topic. After contacting the support they agreed to return the XP.  I'm really surprised and content.

Oh, that actually IS pleasantly surprising - considering that the warning was there in the article (even if not in a very convenient place, to say the least) and the inventory does show you what you're exchanging for (the silver symbol of normal XP rather than the gold freeXP). Then again, the section in the shop says "credits and Free XP" and makes no mention of the fact that ships (re-)researched after 8.0 aren't actually sold for Free XP but normal XP on the t1 ship, so you could probably make a reasonably strong case for having been misled by that description, leading to you selling a ship you wouldn't have sold had you realized that it would be for normal XP.

PS:

This actually reminded me of an issue I actually had with the refund - while I did research all the CVs pre-8.0, not all the modules were researched. Then I researched a module on one of the ships I was going to sell, I went to the Inventory to see if the price was adjusted - and the ENTIRE price of the ship (plus the newly researched module) changed to normal XP. I got a bit angry and was about to make a fuss about it on the Forum + send a support ticket, but halfawy through writing the thread I went in to check something again and... the price tag (with the price of the module added) reverted to freeXP. I quickly sold it just in case it might've changed its mind again :Smile_teethhappy:

So while "no freeXP for you if you researched the ship after 8.0" isn't a bug, the system most definitely doesn't seem completely bug-free when it comes to deciding what kind of XP you're supposed to receive :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,469 posts
4,545 battles
3 hours ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

Do I have to read the website of forum to get this ?

If you want to know what happens and how something works? Yes you have to read website, and if you read also the forum it's even better!

• Funny 1

Players
580 posts
3,801 battles
10 minutes ago, Arakus said:

If you want to know what happens and how something works? Yes you have to read website, and if you read also the forum it's even better!

Do you have a driving licence ?

Sign in to follow this