Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nautical_Metaphor

Which GUI improvements would you like to see?

27 comments in this topic

Players
1,384 posts
10,332 battles

Many players, streamers and CCs keep criticizing the GUI, but often without going into details. Let's stop the vague moaning and be constructive instead. Let's use this thread to gather suggestions, then I'll sift through them and make a poll, and after that I'll bring the most popular ones up in each and every Feedback thread about new patches on the live and test servers until they do something about it.

Off the top of my head:

• More responsive, less laggy Port screen (what the hell is it WG make the CPU and GPU do while in port anyway to cause power consumption spikes?!)
  • "Demount All" button for signal flags
  • Saving different ship configurations for different battle types
  • Make the Port "carousel" an actual carousel, similar to the Apple Mac thing for the applications on the bottom of the screen
  • Less annoying or harsh "interface" sound effects, e.g. when calling up ships in port, redistributing commander skill points, revealing new collection items. Possibly configurable or individual interface sound effects, or at least different sound themes.
  • Incorporate the "Return Captain to Ship" mod into the game client
  • ?
  • Cool 7
  • Bad 1

Players
846 posts
8,520 battles

Preset sets of signal flags and camos to mount. F. E. a maximum money set or a maximum free xp set. 

• Cool 4

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
91 posts
3,142 battles
  • Incorporate the mod that shows the time remaining for each team to win by points. It would be great for every player to have that.
  • Overall reduction in port lag would be a huge improvement.
  • Cool 3

[TTT]
Players
4,108 posts
7,842 battles
39 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Less annoying or harsh "interface" sound effects, e.g. when calling up ships in port, redistributing commander skill points, revealing new collection items. Possibly configurable or individual interface sound effects, or at least different sound themes.

...there are interface sounds? :cap_hmm:

• Something other than the very basic and mostly useless (especially to newer players) contour icons would be a good thing - plenty of possiblities available via mods, how WG haven't incorporated that yet is beyond me...
  • Show all premiums in port/tech tree - having to go out of the game to look up what obscure premium you just got killed by is just another really really dumb way to annoy newer players...
  • Cool 2

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
15 posts
6,028 battles

For me the performance is what they should fix first. They have been adding a lot of clutter to the interface in the past few releases and its so clunky it got to a really annoying point.

I also second the question as to why the port has to be using 100% CPU while the game at that point should actually be doing very little.

So please, so new features until the current state has been cleaned up. 

[KAKE]
Players
1,041 posts
3,365 battles

-Return to the old chat and division windows.

-Quick way of assigning previous captain to a ship. When you keep swapping the same captain between one tech tree ship and several premiums it gets unnecessarily fiddly some times.

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,133 posts
9,962 battles

''Remove all signals'' button. Chrissakes, this should have been in from the start.

Hotkeys for switching AA sector.

Anything that costs doubloons should have auto-resupply deselected by default. E.g. Type 59 camos.

• Cool 2

Players
1,384 posts
10,332 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, GarrusBrutus sagte:

Preset sets of signal flags and camos to mount. F. E. a maximum money set or a maximum free xp set. 

Flag profiles even. Conceivably. Different ones defineable for the different ship classes. (c) @flamu

It would be a genuine challenge to implement several or all of the excellent signal flag ideas that have come up while at the same time keeping it simple and userfriendly. But a "Demount all" button would really be the barest minimum.

Vor 2 Stunden, Tyrendian89 sagte:
  • Show all premiums in port/tech tree - having to go out of the game to look up what obscure premium you just got killed by is just another really really dumb way to annoy newer players...

When they could even get marketing mileage out of it... for what appears to be next to zero effort.

Vor 1 Stunde, Uglesett sagte:

-Return to the old chat and division windows.

What were those like, how were they better?

More ideas from the Flamuu stream today:

- Make Friends list sortable by online status

- Battle GUI: show all the different detection icons at the same time

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,041 posts
3,365 battles
4 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

What were those like, how were they better?

Two different, independent windows. So your division didn't get :etc_swear:ed every time the chat server went down, and you didn't risk getting stuck in a division that couldn't enter battle for a week.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,469 posts
4,545 battles

Making presets for flags should be possible.

DD set, CA set, BB set, CV set, clan war set, money set, etc.

• Cool 1

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
91 posts
3,142 battles

I've remembered one more thing. 

As a division leader the ability to start the battle with top "Battle" button without getting ready in the division window first. Or at least getting ready with "Battle" press first (so double click to join the queue).

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
113 posts
2,709 battles

Flags - Demount All / Mount last used / not taking 60 seconds per damn flag to add or remove

Captains - an actual barracks where I can see and manage all captains

Missions, campaigns, directives, events - one shcreen Mishter Vashily, one shcreen only please.

Inventory - in a more logical place than it is now

Basically, get the UI redesign done by someone who actually does it for a living. 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
6 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Which GUI improvements would you like to see?

Wasn't the last big "improvement" the time they changed division window to what we have now?

I think I'll pass on this one, don't need any more of those

[-RM-]
Players
360 posts
5,213 battles

Incoming planes warning would be good (something like the torpedo warning) also the massive green blob mid screen needs to be movable / resizeable or have transparency as an option.

Also if u open the sector reinforcement "BLOB" it would be nice if it somehow highlighted which side the planes are attacking from so u didnt have to start looking all over the place for them..

In port the carousel is way too slow 

Players
1,384 posts
10,332 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Humorpalanta sagte:

You had to open a new thread. Obviously the bazzilion already existing ones are not good enough.

No idea, the search function of this forum sucks too hard.

Don't care though.

• Funny 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,403 posts
24,399 battles

Demount all signals and expendables camo's on all ships with one click. Just spend 2 solid hours going through all my ships to do this manually

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Something that works and looks like it has been developed in the last 5 years, not 35.

Pretty please?

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
208 posts
6,028 battles

Consistent hot key bindings for consumables or re-bindable consumable keys.

Also a one click button that automatically returns the last used captain to the current ship would be nice.

[-RM-]
Players
360 posts
5,213 battles
9 hours ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

Consistent hot key bindings for consumables 

Dunno how many times I triggered the wrong consumable and totally wasted it

Modder
3,739 posts
10,217 battles

An example of a modder @Ollin!
I think the harbor view is very successful, maybe WG can talk to Ollin a very capable modder.
Unfortunately, this port mod is not public.

shot-19_02.12_18_58.17-0202.thumb.jpg.4dae14cecd25d60a25af8011fae3bbd0.jpg

shot-19_01.15_00_32.54-0752.thumb.jpg.6ea9746635f40f6e5a2ede5369cb4ff2.jpg

Players
1,384 posts
10,332 battles
Vor 16 Stunden, Uglesett sagte:

and you didn't risk getting stuck in a division that couldn't enter battle for a week.

Erm, but you can leave a division any time you like, can't you?

Please share, like and subscribe:

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
664 posts
9,653 battles

I would like global setting to allow/disable doubloons for re-supply

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this