Sign in to follow this  
CNW

MASSIVE performance and UI issues since 0.8.0.2 "hotfix"

7 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
Players
129 posts
10,434 battles

Since last hotfix, the game is completely unplayable, and I don't mean CV balance - UI has been regularly going haywire to the point of being completely useless, and I also have severe performance issues.

Just to give a couple of examples:

Port UI becomes laggy, some parts are completely non-responsive (clicks on buttons won't register etc), sometimes the ship overlays ("commander unavailable" etc) don't display correctly or even at all. All it takes to trigger this is either a single battle or even 20-30 minutes of just sitting in port.

Various bits of UI freeze or spaz out in battle - minimap that shows no enemies, enemy distance displays that are frozen at the same value ever since first spotting, hidden or rearranged consumable / ammo icons - all of these, sometimes even at the same time

Massive FPS hit - 6-12 FPS where just a week before I rarely dropped below 50 on the very same settings

I've given WG the benefit of doubt in the past, but this starts to look like some internal contest regarding how much they screw up.. I mean, balance is one thing, but I at least expect basic functionality.

And while I use mods, they're Aslains and the very same setup was A-OK prior to the hotfix.

Some screens. Note the minimap, and also  compare the range in target marker to range in crosshairs. And yeah, coop/ops, no way I'd go near PvP with this sort of issues.

shot-19.02.12_22.13.16-0938.jpg

shot-19.02.13_22.49.16-0261.jpg

• Cool 3

[V888]
Players
185 posts
12,252 battles

No more support for low-end computer with 32bit systems :Smile_trollface:

96988976_Trymalthisout.thumb.jpg.feb841da0ab0cfdd917995a89f718b49.jpg

Setting priority to high might solve the problem.

GL

Players
817 posts

If your computer is 64 bit operating system. Then install that instead of using 32 bit windows on it and you'll get better performance.

I had windows 7 32 bit used on my 64bit computer at first running WOWS and it kept freezing on the loading a game page, or when you exited a game. So installed 64 bit Windows 7 instead and the game run fine without any freezing after that. 64 bit makes better use of the memory available, more of it becomes available in fact than 32 bit windows is able to use. And that might be the issue.

I would also try not using any mods with the game, those mods might be using extra memory on-top of the game causing you issues now. Worth trying without the mods used.

But there has been a change with the game being laggy since this update. I have noticed it also because I don't run a brand new (but 10 year old computer system with Athlon 64 processor. Older systems like ours are noticing the changes with performance hits

[IDDQD]
Players
129 posts
10,434 battles

guys, guys, guys..

the issue isn't my system (64bit W10) or my hardware (is a 3 month old HP Omen gaming laptop - won't bore you with exact specs, but it was more than sufficient a week before). The update seems to have broken something vital, at least in my client.

Will try a clean install, but I'm not exactly holding my breath especially with regards to UI bugs

Players
4,050 posts
8,804 battles
10 hours ago, CNW said:

guys, guys, guys..

the issue isn't my system (64bit W10) or my hardware (is a 3 month old HP Omen gaming laptop - won't bore you with exact specs, but it was more than sufficient a week before). The update seems to have broken something vital, at least in my client.

Will try a clean install, but I'm not exactly holding my breath especially with regards to UI bugs

The port UI sluggishness is on WG end. I actually did a clean install for 8.0 and I have the port freezes and black screens as well. It was already infuriating at times (particularly when trying to set up a division for operations and when trying to chat someone post-battle because I want to write someone a compliment in addition to just +1 the guy) but since 8.0 I get freezes lasting up to 20 seconds regularly, including the screen turning completely black and generic unresponsiveness that comes back regularly. Sometimes I get multiple of these freezes a minute, what is this? For a multiplayer game the chat functions have become really bad to use :Smile_facepalm:

[B0TS]
Players
30 posts
11,877 battles

Mine started to lag too, I've tried everything. Even setting everything to LOW, disabling / renabling stuff. Tried overclock, tried nvidia settings back and forth. Reinstall of the game.. nothing helped. It has to do with the update somehow.. I AM suspecting it's telemetric data traffic, them collecting info for research and testing.

[IDDQD]
Players
129 posts
10,434 battles

complete reinstall seems to have helped with the performance and the worst excesses, although the UI is still a bit laggy.

Sign in to follow this